Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 : Hold The Line

The mod has finally gone into full scale production!

Check out the site here, there is a link to our forums there as well.

[url]http://members.shaw.ca/HoldTheLine/[/url]

We are always looking for talented people to help out in all areas.

Python scriptors are key at this stage.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    If you post something on the front page, PLEASE tell us what the mod it to. Danke
  • front page?

its a mod for bridgecommand
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I was confused a bit because the website told me nothing about what the project actually was.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Thank you for the correction on the front page. I was quite confused for a few minutes there...
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Its good too see another B5 mod floating around on the net .:)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    also, damocles, for future reference, FO has a sort of established sig limit of 5, maybe six lines. If you can, try to condense yours a bit (I can see it fitting into six)

Anyhoo, good luck on the project. I can't wait to see the products of your labor. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Do me a little favor please

when your finishing this mod up and your ready to write your own story to it, please make the first mission the complete and total destruction of anything and everything Star Trek in that gay ass game.

I bought that thinking it might actually be good. Boy was I surprised. Between that stupid little first officer who talks way too damn much, the Admiral that interupts at the drop of a hat, simplistic story that gives no room for alternative ways of completion.

Needless to say, I will have to locate the cds to reinstall it to try out your mod.
  • Sorry about the sig man, fixed it.

Ya, I hate BC, the only reason I'm supporting this mod with my models is because it has EYE candy lol, the gameplay REALLY sucks.

Right now the rest of the bc team is basically done with that game 2, EXE is doing all the hardpointing and balancing, everything else is either on hold because of people being busy, or not fully working yet(turrents rotation), or just sick of the game.
    BC is not the mod to watch

keep an eye on our starshatter mod:) right now we only have 3 people for that team, but its already lightyears ahead of the bc mod.

Full rotation
    real turrents
    FULL cap ship OR fighter control(and it works amazingly)
    ability to build solar systems, or entire galaxys
    PLANET missions(fly and land on em)

and SO much more

check out the screenshots section.

This mod actually has me very excited lol, you know you have something special when 5 seconds into a vorchan qguon battle you have a big smile on your face and cant stop playing it:)

If anyways wants to help they are welcome, just get in touch, at this point tho remember we are still in the "discovery" stage, however we are pushing fast for a demo release.

Later doods.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Beginning to droll over the Starshatter mod... Now, where is milo? :D
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Starshatter mod will be awesome:) BC was too simple and now only play it with B5 ships in it when I play it.
  • Yes, this mod has gotten REALLY cool.

Just updated the webpage with our latest progress.

When I get a bit of free time I will try to add action screenshots.

I cant even begin to explain how cool the starship battles are, nothing is like leading your frazis on a desperate attempt to knock out the ion cannons on a vorchan before it opens up on your Varnic while having sentris picking you off lol.

For those of you who wonder yes balance is a huge issue, for a quick idea of how its setup for the narn and centauri

The narn are treated like mini tanks, their fighters and ships are slow, but tough, and possesing massive forward firepower, however the rears dont have good coverage of fire, and because of the lack of turning ability if a vorchan gets behind you its all over(hence the desperate run to take out the ion cannons lol)

Centauri are quick, fast, and posses slightly longer ranged weapons, however their ships have a glass jaw effect, so getting a vorchan in front of a gquons 2 heavy xrays is just a bad plan lol.

and of course, the ultimate coolness comes with a EA ship opens up with interceptors and blows down the incomming bolts:) we have that working in testing right now, and are optimizing it.

of course we will be open to any suggestions.

I"m really impressed with the starshatter engine and moddablility, its truly amazing.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    how the dickens did I miss this?!?!?

NICE JOB MAN!!

I sooo want to see interceptors....
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I want. :)
  • Thanks guys, its really wicked so far, we are in final final testing right now(I think thats before we say ENOUGHT and shove it out the door)

here are some pics of 2 ships I did today
    [url]http://www.starshatter.com/forum/thread.php?topic=1617[/url]
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    man, impressive...
  • Some Omega Shots

it wont be in this release, planned for the next one.

[IMG]http://www.members.shaw.ca/damoclesx/1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.members.shaw.ca/damoclesx/2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.members.shaw.ca/damoclesx/3.jpg[/IMG]

Nobody else has seen these yet ehheheheheheh

Still needs a bit of optimizing.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Damn!:eek:
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    time to download the starshatter demo again. :)
    (Had it, lost it in a HDD wipe)
  • milodmilod Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]time to download the starshatter demo again. :)
    (Had it, lost it in a HDD wipe) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Send me an email if you'd like to join the beta team.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    well..kinda busy to give the kind of feedback you'd need...
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Hot damn that looks good! :eek:
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    Wow wow wow!!!! :eek:
    I played the starshatter demo a long time ago ... is the control and interface the same with the new Bab5 models?
  • mambo_mordenmambo_morden Earthforce Officer
    Those are some kickin' screen shots. Can't wait to see a beta release. Any chance of a demo movie or some battle shots??
  • Hey guys,

thanks for the comments, sorry for the long away time.

We are so close to being done its not funny, we COULD release right now, but I want a bit of polish on this, some decent missions, and a few other features.

Pheagey and I are really busting a nut on this mod, this is our first release for starshatter, and we want it to shine considering the awsome program we have to work with.

We are also workign on another project for the community, but more on that later.

As for that model, I have redone it, I dropped the poly count off on some of the details, while it was running fine for me (50fps)

amd xp1600
    512ram
    radeaon 9000 pro

thats the test system

on other peoples systems it was chugging, and I want everybody to be ableo to enjoy this, perhaps once this is out I will work on a "high poly" patch, I have a few ships Id like to kick up a bit.

Feel free to comment on anything you see in any pics here or on the site, we are open to any suggestions.

Right now for performance I see around 40-50fps in all battles, and 30-40 when I"m really close to a cap ship with a lot of fighters.

You guys are really gonna enjoy this, milo has done an amazing job with this engine, get jumped in a frazi by 3 rutarians and you will know the meaning of fear:)

anways, I got 5 things to do and time enought to do none!! so see you guys later!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    actually...I know that feeling, though it was in my GROPOS mod...

I was in a Minbari Shrek (Fast, Agile, not so much armor) and three shadow tanks and one vorlon attacked me...

WHOOOO WEEE...now THAT was nuts.

But I can't WAIT for this now...