Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Not Funny!

2»

Comments

• Actually...........................I've just remembered one memorable funny exchange between Vir and Londo!

In "the long night" they're planning to kill Cartagia with that poison that you need to inject between the hearts.

Londo asks Vir how long it takes for the poison to work, asking
    "does he have enough time to stumble into the court and shout LONDO KILLED ME! URGHHHHH......." And they carry on having a laugh about what his last words wil be until Vir say's

"He'll be all confused and get his words back to front so it'll be KILL LONDO!"

Suffice to say he kills the conversation dead and it is quite funny.

That, "I'm gunna sue someone" joke was absolutely terrible though, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the woman who plays Lyta
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Garibaldi: Ok, who gulped?
    Franklin: Wasn't me!
    Garibaldi: Well, somebody gulped! We've got alot of ground to cover!
    Lyta: I didn't gulp!
    Garibaldi: I believe [i]you[/i].
    Franklin: Now wait a minute! How come you believe her over me?!
    Garibaldi: Because unlike you, she's a terrible liar.
    Franklin: *says something, but I don't remember what it was*
    *Garibaldi and Franklin move on while Lyta stands there*
    Lyta: I'm a terrible liar? I'll have you know I'm a great liar!
    Lyta: You know what? I'm gonna sue somebody! I don't know for what, and for how much, but I'm gonna sue [b]SOMEBODY![/b]
    Garibaldi: Will you come on [i]already[/i]?!

Thats pretty much how I remember it. :)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You got it backwards. It went more like

Franklin: Why do believe her and not me?
    Garibaldi: Because when you lie, it's all over your face. She's a much better liar than you.
    Lyta: Thank you. Wait a minute.

Garibaldi and Franklin begin walking away.

Lyta: I don't like what I'm hearing here. I'm not a great liar, I'm a [i]terrible[/i] liar. I don't know who's been saying these things about me, but when we get back, I am gonna sue somebody! I don't know who, and I don't know how, but by God I am going to sue somebody!

I thought it was rather amusing. It makes sense for her to get a bit bent out of shape at being called a good liar. Beyond being an attack on her integrity, it also way bad for pragmatic reasons. As a commercial telepath, her whole life is based on telling people exactly what she senses. If she got a rep as being a good liar, who would want to hire her?

--------------------------

Old joke: Franklin and Marcus are on a transport leaving Mars headed back to Babylon 5. Franklin gets up and says, "I gotta go to the bathroom." Marcus asks, "Number 1 or Number 2?" Franklin replies, "Number 2. I did Number One back on Mars."
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Old joke: Franklin and Marcus are on a transport leaving Mars headed back to Babylon 5. Franklin gets up and says, "I gotta go to the bathroom." Marcus asks, "Number 1 or Number 2?" Franklin replies, "Number 2. I did Number One back on Mars." [/B][/QUOTE]

:D :D
    The one I liked the best was Sheridan ordering Ivanova to space Baberon5. :D The best part was that pilot going out to check an 'anomaly' and the bear hitting his windshield and sliding off. :laugh:
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Knock knock.

Who's there?

Kosh.

Kosh-who?

Gesundheit.

---

Q: How many minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Noone knows. They always surrender right before they're done and never tell you why.
  • eamonmcaeamonmca Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]
    Lyta: You know what? I'm gonna sue somebody! I don't know for what, and for how much, but I'm gonna sue [/B][/QUOTE]

Its the delivery thats makes this scene cool. The joke is okay, but to see Lytas face as (and after) she does it.... Its soo cool.

Dont forget the growl at the end...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CurZ [/i]
    [B]Knock knock.

Who's there?

Kosh.

Kosh-who?

Gesundheit.

---

Q: How many minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Noone knows. They always surrender right before they're done and never tell you why. [/B][/QUOTE]

You know what's funny? Ivanova's reaction to those. :D
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Gotta love Ivanova!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    She did seem to get hit by more than her fair share of the jokes. :)
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Yeah, she does. If you've read "The Babylon File" Ivanova's jokes in each episode are pointed out under the heading "Ivanova's Life Lessons" and it's really quite funny reading through them, remembering the first times I heard them lol. Of course I've heard half of them so many times they're just not funny any more lol.
  • eamonmcaeamonmca Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]You know what's funny? Ivanova's reaction to those. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Ivanova has 3 reactions to jokes:

The 'Don't Know' line of a knock knock joke, spoken in tones of "my god why wont the hull breach and stop me hearing this".

The 'Don't Know' line of a knock knock joke, spoken in tones of "my god why dont I have a PPG to cap this fool"

And lets not forget the "Screaming the name of the perpetrator followed by 'youre a dead man'".

Gotta admit shes cool, sense of humour or not.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eamonmca [/i]
    [B]Ivanova has 3 reactions to jokes:

The 'Don't Know' line of a knock knock joke, spoken in tones of "my god why wont the hull breach and stop me hearing this".

The 'Don't Know' line of a knock knock joke, spoken in tones of "my god why dont I have a PPG to cap this fool"

And lets not forget the "Screaming the name of the perpetrator followed by 'youre a dead man'".

Gotta admit shes cool, sense of humour or not. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was referring to this little bit of dialogue:

Ivanova: "and you did this to your wife everynight?"
    Sheridan: "Yeah."
    Ivanova (mumbling to herself): "She must've been a saint..."
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Ivonava to Sheridan:

"It looks like your about to go, where every mans gone before"