Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

2 days late, but

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stacman [/i]
    [B]First contact is plausible, because it the ships were still being whoopassed untill Picard came along and brought his considerable expereince with the Borg to bear. Ahh... the wonders of the Enterprise E. Such a beautiful ship it is.

"Tough little ship."
    "...Little?" [/B][/QUOTE]

Here's the problem with the destruction. Borg ships are not supposed to have *ANY* vulnerable points. The entire ship is designed to function in a distributed manner. No one spot is more important than any other. but FC changed this.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Here's the problem with the destruction. Borg ships are not supposed to have *ANY* vulnerable points. The entire ship is designed to function in a distributed manner. No one spot is more important than any other. but FC changed this. [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe it's jsut the fact that he chose one specific location as opposed to randomly spreading fire over most of the ship?
  • KeyanKeyan Ranger
    The ship would still have structural weak points, maybe he just found the one that was already weakened by the battle and had them focus fire there....

The biggest bug in FC (which is a great film, the 5.1 surround on the DVD is also excellent) is that NOTHING prevents the borg from just going back in time to a different point and doing the same thing all over again.
    Well, IIRC, wasn't the cube supposed to be combat-capable at even 75% Damage?

My problem is really just that it took so little fire to destroy a cube.

Even concentrated fire should not have done it.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    He didn't choose that spot because it was a weak point. He chose it because he knew something important was going to appear from there.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    HOLD IT!

THIS IS [B]MY[/B] TOPIC!!!!!! NO STAR TREK STUFF HERE! OUT! ALL OF YOU [B]OUT![/B]

:p
    But Biggles, that's my problem!

There's not supposed to be anything unique about any part of the cube. *sigh*

FC had to ruin my fun. Borg QUeen, Sphere...They should have gone forward and made the pyramid (It was somethign they considered as a UPN joke. :P)
  • Something in the back of my head says that antimatter can't be moved via transporter because it would cause the containment field to quit and, well, we all know what happens then.
    [b][i][SIZE=4]OUT!!!!!

=Þ[/SIZE] [/i][/b]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]But Biggles, that's my problem!

There's not supposed to be anything unique about any part of the cube. *sigh*

FC had to ruin my fun. Borg QUeen, Sphere...They should have gone forward and made the pyramid (It was somethign they considered as a UPN joke. :P) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well hey, they have to launch the borg sphere from somewhere.
    [b][i]*Repeatedly hits Biggles with a large batton[/i][/b]
    I'm being ignored

Don't make me get the bunny!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]I'm being ignored

Don't make me get the bunny! [/B][/QUOTE]

This thread stopped being yours along time ago. :p
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Keyan [/i]
    [B]The ship would still have structural weak points, maybe he just found the one that was already weakened by the battle and had them focus fire there....

The biggest bug in FC (which is a great film, the 5.1 surround on the DVD is also excellent) is that NOTHING prevents the borg from just going back in time to a different point and doing the same thing all over again. [/B][/QUOTE]

What I wonder is why they don't go back in time in the delta quadrant, then go to earth from there. There would be no resistance.
    :noidea:

Tis a shame!
    [B]Well, IIRC, wasn't the cube supposed to be combat-capable at even 75% Damage?

My problem is really just that it took so little fire to destroy a cube.

Even concentrated fire should not have done it. [/B][/QUOTE]

They probably did that so that we wouldn't watch an hour long battle. Just imagine that it happened and that we only saw the begining and the end.

Plus, there really was an aweful lot of fire that went into the cube at that one point in a span of about 30 seconds.

I just went back and counted. These are the number of shots that were fired.

Phasers

Torps(normal)

Torps(quantum)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [B]What I wonder is why they don't go back in time in the delta quadrant, then go to earth from there. There would be no resistance. [/B][/QUOTE]

They would probably disrupt the borgish timeline in some way.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]They would probably disrupt the borgish timeline in some way. [/B][/QUOTE]

Going back to the past to assimilate earth won't?
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    Poor croxis!
    [B]They probably did that so that we wouldn't watch an hour long battle. Just imagine that it happened and that we only saw the begining and the end.

Plus, there really was an aweful lot of fire that went into the cube at that one point in a span of about 30 seconds.

I just went back and counted. These are the number of shots that were fired.

Phasers

Torps(normal)

Torps(quantum)
    3 [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah...that's kind of, how would I put it...

Frelling Wimpy

:)

It was clear that the battle lasted just as long as we saw it, and that the fed ships were just barely holding their own. The cube was going to kick their (pardon the pun) collective asses, but the the enterprise comes along and saves the day...

Again, see my points above. The cube was just weak...

*sigh*
  • /me harasses croxis
    [B]Yeah...that's kind of, how would I put it...

Frelling Wimpy

:)

It was clear that the battle lasted just as long as we saw it, and that the fed ships were just barely holding their own. The cube was going to kick their (pardon the pun) collective asses, but the the enterprise comes along and saves the day...

Again, see my points above. The cube was just weak...

*sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh wait... you mean it... conveniently made for a movie? Oh, yes it did. :p

The Enterprise added more then firepower, it added command, something which is essential in any real battle. There's also the fact that the cube was probably harrased for quite a while before it reached earth. Making it weaker.

And frelling wimpy? My god...
    Don't make me do it.........

I have a weapon that will shut down this topic forever!
  • Here is something strange about First Contact. If the movie was supposed to fit in with the series timeline (DS9 at that time), then should the Klingons not have helped the Federation against the Borg (Since they were both starting to fight the Dominion)??:confused:
    Given how deep inside Federation territory it was, that may have been difficult.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    I think this thread has got a little off-topic....

So here is a picture of a goat.

[IMG]http://animalscience.ucdavis.edu/facilities/goat.gif[/IMG]
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!? ARE WE TURNING THIS PLACE INTO A FRIGGIN FARM!? ;)

I know goats.. goats are EVIL EVIL EVIL! oh sure it looks all innocent and "baaa, baaaa, Im aaa goaaat, seeee Im muunnncihing leeaaaavs" but you turn your back and its going STRAIGHT for

A. the garden
    B. The leather jacket your wearing
    C. The car.

EVIL I say, it is the minion of the devil!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [IMG]http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/pages/livestock/pigs/facilities/images/pig_res_facilities_1.jpg[/IMG]

These things also eat a lot of stuff
    Someone I knew back in the day once went to a Petting Zoo with a younger cousin (I believe it was...).

Upon his return to the car, a roaming goat had pulled off and chewed up a strip of plastic moulding on the side of the car, and chewed shut his exhaust pipe!

heh.

Goats are evil. THEY HURT THE CAR.
    [SIZE=7]NEVER TAKE OVER MY TOPIC AGAIN![/SIZE]

[IMG]http://snow.prohosting.com/uslcs/scan0001.jpg[/IMG]