Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Ranking....

Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
How bout a ranking system? Since this is a B5 related site, we can use the EA rank system...or ISA if you like. Basically something other than Junior member...Member, etc....

------------------
"With all this technology, it STILL takes forever to get anywhere!"

Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Didn't someone already say this in the Zocalo? They said it would make too many people post stupid things to increase their rank. They also said to send away all the sips on a false emergency and to deactivate the planetary defince grid.

David

------------------
    Tell me, how many games does it take? 10, 50, 100!? How many games does it take untill its wrong?
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I said posted it a couple of months ago.

The ranking system actually works pretty well on all the boards I visit.

------------------
    "With all this technology, it STILL takes forever to get anywhere!"

Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Ranking might not be such a great idea. I've seen it in a few other forums and you just end up getting a load of people spamming to increase their rank. Here's a perfect example to illustrate my point. There is this site called [url="http://www.hardocp.com."]www.hardocp.com.[/url] Its a computer hardware/overclocking site, thats irrelevant but anyway... Their forums had a ranking system where you were either a "cheeze" and then progressed to "Hard Gawd" you get the picture. Anyway at one point a huge portion of the posts were just spammers increasing their rank (that can be quite nasty considering they get about 5 times the daily traffic this site gets). I think it might be cool to have and could be tested out but if it got out of hand you would have to get serious on banning people or just eliminate it completely, otherwise the boards could end up drowning in spam.
  • mobvekharmobvekhar Elite Ranger
    I would not mind if there was a ranking system, especially if you look at the number of posts I made...

------------------
    Captain Mobvekhar
    Second in command of the Pokemon Mercenary Fleet
    First Officer of the warship "Ares"
    Second in command of Blue Squadron
    -Charmander-

"Don't be a fool, you idiot!"
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    but remember the dark side of ranking...
    *sanfam laughn maniacly and walks into a somewhat-shadowed part of the room*
    hmmm....
    *sanfam turns off the light nd continues laughing maniacly*
  • ArikArik Galen's Apprentice
    Umm.... good always triumphs over evil?
    *Sanfam turnsonthe light and leaves the partially shadowed area, and in a deep voice says:*
    Evil always wins because good..is stupid!
    *Sanfam goes back into his shaded area laughing maniacly and then turns off thr light*

------------------
    Commander Sanfam
    Anlashok Blackops
    Antares Flight Leader
    here is my shoutcast server; On Almost 24/7! Come to listen to Science fiction show music: [url="http://167.206.179.19:8000"]http://167.206.179.19:8000[/url]
  • Drazi GuyDrazi Guy Elite Ranger
    Good doesn't kill when it has the first chance to kill evil, it shows mercy. Mercy is for the weak.

Anyways, Maybe we will do ranking... just have to remember how =)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ArikArik Galen's Apprentice
    [quote]Evil always wins because good..is stupid![/quote]
    Sanfam: Spaceballs? I don't think it's the exact quote, but close enough.
  • ZathriZathri Earthforce Officer
    Why would we need a ranking? Heck, why do we even need to know the # of posts someone makes.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I think some people feel the need to be rewarded for their participation in this forum. A ranking system would give this place a paramilitary touch. Other than that I haven't noticed anything bad as a result of this. Except maybe some newbies who got roughed up a bit, but those are already easily identified by looking at the number of posts they have made. On the other hand you can't really differentiate between a newbie and a lurker. And then you have those that "talk" too much. [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/wink.gif[/img]
    how about moderator reviewed rankings?
    some other forums now have it..
    the idea is, that if you see a person posing maliciously to raise rank, you demote him/her
    maybe ban, if ya want [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/smile.gif[/img]
  • SivikSivik Trainee
    could someone just tell me if and when the game is going to come out. I have made a clan for the game back before it was cancelled. If anyone is interested go to members.tripod.com/TLNAW_Earth-Alliance.html and leave something on the message board