Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What about the Dilgar-Wars?

Well we have whitnessed the Earth-Minbari-War
the Centauri-Narn War 2x, the Interstellar-Alliance - Centauri-War, the Drakh-Wars,
but I would really like to see the events which had lead into the Dilgar-Wars!

A Mini-Series would be very interesting, which shows, why the Humans did enter the Wars, who where the Dilgar, why did the atack the League, what was the role of the Minbari in this war?

Questions that I would like to have an answer for!
Don't you too?

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    There's so much in the B5 universe that JMS never got to explain in any great detail. There's so many questions that were never answered or were merely hinted at, which is what made B5 so rich and diverse compared to other shows. Its something that we have discussed here many times and will continue to discuss for some time. The beauty of it was that it allowed JMS to be flexible and to go off different paths, like Crusade and Legend of the Rangers. Shame they weren't successful.

I'd like to see a mini series on the early years of G'Kar and Londo. That would be interesting.

------------------
    'The future is all around us' G'kar
    'I have no surviving enemies! None what so ever!' Galen

Visit my B5 site at: [url="http://www.nialb5.com"]www.NialB5.com[/url].
  • EternityEternity Elite Ranger
    Er SPOILERS
    Let me see if I can remember properally here....

Er the Dilgar attacked the league cos their sun was going Nova - they wanted more space really - so they wouldn't die out as a species.

Minbari Role - Dunno, probabbly not a lot.

EA Entrance - I think the league asked the EA for help and the EA gave it.

There you go, That might be off a bit but that is the basics of it. IT was never disclosed fully.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The EA got involved when the League asked for help because they saw it as a way to expand their borders and gain the trust of other races.

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    but the dilgar were known to be assholes before the wars though [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    From what I have heard the Dilgar were winning their war with the league which included the Narns.The Dilgar were fairly powerful race having destroyed several planets and doing questionable experiments on other captured world.After hearing of these atrocities the EA became involved in the last year of the war where they drove the Dilgar back to their home system.With their fleets destroyed the Dilgar race died out when their sun went nova, only Shad'Dur (sp!)Deathwalker survived with the help of the Minbari warrior caste(can;t think of their name)...

------------------
    "When it is time,come to this place,call our name,we will be here"-Walkers of Sigma957
    [url="http://ifh.firstones.com"]I've Found Her-Babylon 5 free game[/url]
  • IIRC, EA didn't plan to get involved in the war, but a certain captain screwed up a contact with the Dilgar and got us into it. Same captain as started the Minbari war.
    man good thing he killed himself or he may have ****ed over the EA again in some WORSE fashion.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [quote]Originally posted by Rogue Trader:
    [b]man good thing he killed himself or he may have ****ed over the EA again in some WORSE fashion.[/b][/quote]

When/how did that happen?

In the minbar war?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [quote]Originally posted by Lord Refa:
    [b] When/how did that happen?

In the minbar war?[/b][/quote]

A few months after the Minbari war began, Jankowski blew off his own head with a PPG after using iMovie™ to stich together a bunch of vids of Minbari ships being blown to hell. If memory serves, his suicide note was "On my head".

It's all in the novelization, if you wish to read it.
    which is a very very good read
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Dont have money for the books.. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img]

Haven't been able to read any of the b5 books.
  • All I said was that it would be nice to know some Characters like Sheridans Father,
    Sinclairs father and so on!
    And I would like to know Why the Minbari didn't want to help the League, why they were so cruel in this War!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Which novel?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Random Chaos: the In The Beginning novelization by Peter David.

Tommieboy: The Minbari Grey Council (particularly the warrior caste) tends to be rather isolationist. You may recall them saying "The affairs of others are not our concern."

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • [quote]Originally posted by whitestar90:
    [b] only Shad'Dur (sp!)Deathwalker survived with the help of the Minbari warrior caste(can;t think of their name)...

[/b][/quote]

Windswords.