Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"Serenity" Review

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    One of the biggest benefits of seeing it early is that I won't have to worry about avoiding spoilers on the web for the month and a half between it coming out in the US and it coming out here (nov 10th is the date now).
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B][COLOR=crimson]HATE I TELL YOU!!!!!![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]I, too, am incapable of leaving spoiler text unread. :(
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I haven't read it! I'm proud of myself!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I read spoilers, knowing fully that my wonderful memory will kick in and toss whatever I learned right back out in a couple of days.

Because of this, spoilers are just short-term entertainment. :D
  • NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read Biggles utterly spoiling spoiler, and I'm off to see Serenity in 21h 38minutes! (time atm 18.22, gonna see it 16.00 Sunday)!

WHY GOD WHY?!
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    Shut up! No more spoilers! Stopstopstop!

I have six more days to make it through, and none of you are going to screw that up! I'll cut ya!
  • Just picked up my passes for a screening Tuesday night, can't wait.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlon Ambassador Kosh [/i]
    [B]WHY GOD WHY?! [/B][/QUOTE]

Because you're a fool. :D I used spoiler tags for a reason. :)
    I just saw it. Oh god.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arethusa [/i]
    [B]I just saw it. Oh god. [/B][/QUOTE]

:D tis good no?:D
    I was in nearly in tears quite often for any number of reasons.

Spoiler: I am going to miss the hell out of Book and Wash, though. Wash didn't get much screentime to actually give him a soul, so for people not familiar with the series, I doubt his death was even remotely as significant and cruel as it was for the rest of us. But Book was never more compelling or interesting, and that was really sad.

We need a spoily movie thread.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arethusa [/i]
    [B]I just saw it. Oh god. [/B][/QUOTE]

[i]Finally[/i]. Now I can start talking about it with more people. :)
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    I won't be able to see it next week.

I almost don't want to watch the last DVD because it'll mean there's no more Firefly to watch, aside from the movie.

[SIZE=1]Would it be bad to say that I've finally found a CO I like more than Sheridan?[/SIZE]
  • Now I want to see the show...
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Just saw it last night. Awesome movie, some continuity problems, but a lot darker than the series. And,

Spoiler: Wash? Wash? Wake, up, Wash, we need you.... Wash! Come on, Wash, get out of that chair... get out of that chair, Wash, [i]please[/i], Wash, you've got to [i]get up[/i]....

I feel like crying now.
    What continuity problems did you notice? Spoiler: Are you takling about the movie taking a much darker turn from the series?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Oh my god, i just have to say... oh my god...
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Oh my god, i just have to say... oh my god... [/B][/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Re: Biggle's (fairly warned) spoiler.

I found out about it yesterday (just over twelve hours before seeing the movie) on the TrekBBS because some nameless fools decided to go blab about plot details (with no spoiler code, of course) in the damned Box Office Numbers thread. Who in the holy hell expects spoilers in the thread about fucking ticket sales!? Not me, that's who. It sure didn't help that some other moron Spoiler: blabbed about Shepherd Book's death when I asked about his first name a few months ago. (The IMDB and the Sci-Fi channel give different ones). The best part? He didn't remember what it said. Just said "Oh, it's written on his gravestone in the movie, but I don't remember what it was." The hell with him. I ended up hoping that Kaylee would bite it, too, just so I could be surprised about something.)

Well, now that I've gotten that off my chest (those two-faced sloppy inconsiderate spoiling [i]rat bastards![/i]), I get to share a funny story. Just after the film was over, I overheard a guy who was talking to his buddy about someone he noticed in the audience. Apparently, the Governor of Florida (or someone possessing a resemblance to him) and his wife were taking the weekend, and decided to catch a movie. [i]The[/i] movie, I should say. I wonder if he saw Firefly, or just liked the ads. ;)

(Of course, I'm also wondering if it was just a guy who looks like Jeb Bush in a darkened movie theatre. Somehow, I'm not quite eager to give a total stranger who wasn't even talking to me the benefit of the doubt.)

Also, ironically (in light of my prior comment in this thread) Spoiler: I thought the ship looked much better after they repainted and repaired it in the end. Also, the movie logo looked nicer as the ship's nameplate than the pennant they used in the series.
    Ouch. That really, really sucks.
  • Entilz_ahEntilz_ah Earthforce Officer
    I live in a small town several hours away from Dallas, so I had to wait to see the movie until Friday. I do not know how to do spoiler tags so I will just say this...The movie kicked @$$. My family and I will be going to see it again.
    The spoiler tag is Spoiler: .
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Ouch. That really, really sucks. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I've taken the zen approach, now that I've seen the movie, that I know it now, and will know it for the foreseeable future, so it doesn't really matter how I first came to know it. A spoiler really only hurts the first viewing. It's all in the past anyway, so the only lasting effect of note is Spoiler: I inexplicably winced a half second before anything bad actually happened (the person who brought up Wash also mentioned it happened suddenly, right after a laugh line, and I had already realized I'd seen every scene of his that was in the trailers).
    Spoiler: "I am a leaf on the wind" wasn't really a 'laugh line.' Kind of funny when Mal's asking him what the hell that means during the battle, but it does have a certain majesty to it that's hard to deny.
    Spoiler: Well, it was more a post-tension laugh than a "I ain't had nothin' in my nethers that din't run on batteries for nearly a year" laugh. I still think it would've been good for a nervous chuckle, if there'd been more than a split second to react to it.
  • took my dad to see it for his birthday...
    He and I havn't had much father-son time since I left for college soo...good choice.

All I can say is:
    AWESOME MOVIE. Totally didn't expect some things.

That said...

Spoiler:
    Walshes death didn't hurt nearly as much as Books. I LIKED books char, possibly my favorite...so much mystery behind him that will now never be answered. :(

Walsh...we knew walsh, yes he was a great charecter that added alot...but, well...I won't miss him like I will Book. :(

Now, as for River...
    DOOD SHE FREAKING RULES! The scene where she openes the door (How'd she do that anyway?) holding that axe dripping with blood and bodies everywhere...sweet! :D
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Excellent! Just got home from seeing it about a half hour ago.

:D
  • Just saw it a few hours ago today. Whoa... here I was expecting a light-hearted fun-filled adventure, and I end up getting Farscape on a big screen!

Spoiler: "Nothing is really what it appears." "And that's not really incense."

:D
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    I forgot, does Earth (that was) still exist as a civilization or is it uninhabited or is there simply no communication between the new worlds and earth?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i dunno, i always got the impression from the way that they talked about it that it didnt exist anymore, at least as a civilisation. since they're in another solar system then i imagine they're definitely out of easy communication at least. maybe someone else knows more