Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Interplay is no more

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
[url]http://games.slashdot.org/games/05/01/06/0036209.shtml?tid=187&tid=1&tid=10[/url]

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Good thing just the france part.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yea, as Refa said, its just the french part of the company..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Once upon a time I had the 256 color version of Another World that we had gotten in a game trade when I was at Sierra...

That was rare, because that version was never released in the USA...

*sigh*
  • I personally think that only two good games that came out of interplay were Star Trek 25th anniversery & Star Trek Judgement Rites. Those were excellent adventure/rp games.

No I did not like Descent & I did not like Star Fleet Academy. Anything else reallly doesn't ring a bell oh heh of course Redneck Rampage anyone?
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]I personally think that only two good games that came out of interplay were Star Trek 25th anniversery & Star Trek Judgement Rites. Those were excellent adventure/rp games.

No I did not like Descent & I did not like Star Fleet Academy. Anything else reallly doesn't ring a bell oh heh of course Redneck Rampage anyone? [/B][/QUOTE]

Fallout.. Fallout 2... Torment... hmm... Freespace 1 and 2... Shall I go on?
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Refa [/i]
    [B]Fallout.. Fallout 2... Torment... hmm... Freespace 1 and 2... Shall I go on? [/B][/QUOTE]

:)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    oh well nevermind then. DELETE THE THREAD!
  • Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    Starfleet Command was good
    I had to laugh...

I was installing Atomic Bomber from Interplay on my kids older computer.

There was an animation advertising a star trek game coming out in 1998! :D
  • Personally I thought Redneck Rampage was quite amusing, especially the 'fake' Country and Western soundtrack.
    [URL=http://www.alivegames.com/ricochet_lost_worlds/]Ricochet Lost Worlds[/URL]
  • More like putting it out of its misery than anything.

Sorry, but Interplay has been effectively dead for a long time. Only now the coffin door is finally closed.

Interplay was well on the road to its own demise when they sold the Fallout license to Bethesda and shut down Black Isle Studios. In a way, that burned them in the end as Black Isle essentially reformed as Obsidian Entertainment, the makers of KotOR: II.