Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Season 5 intro sequence

AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
At the end of the intro B5 has JMS' name painted across the back.

Does anyone know if it was always there?

Can anyone remember ever seeing that part of the station at any point during the 5 years?

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    They did that for Season 5. You know in some way I always found it a bit cheesey.
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]They did that for Season 5. You know in some way I always found it a bit cheesey. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am inclined to agree though it did make me laugh, well more sort of groan really, the very 1st time I saw it. It makes it hard to suspend disbelief when they do that sort of thing.

I was just trying to think back and could not bring to mind any episode where they showed that particular view of the station so it made me wonder whether it had always been there and they had just been careful not to show us.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alaric [/i]
    [B]I am inclined to agree though it did make me laugh, well more sort of groan really, the very 1st time I saw it. It makes it hard to suspend disbelief when they do that sort of thing.

I was just trying to think back and could not bring to mind any episode where they showed that particular view of the station so it made me wonder whether it had always been there and they had just been careful not to show us. [/B][/QUOTE]

His name was added to the back of the station as part of the credit sequence; it wasn't always on the model.

Why would you get worked up over that? I mean did you also think that there was nothing inside B5's main cargo bay except for JMS's name floating in blackness (as it did in another season title sequence)? Or that multiple jumpgates opened outside the station revealing the giant disembodied heads of B5's crew/inhabitants?

C'mon, people...it's a credit sequence. It's not part of the story.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    samuelk:

No it was part of a plot by the Shadows to distract Starfury Pilots! They'd be flying along, bunch of Shadow Battle Crabs appear, mad panic ensues, then as the Furies fly past the ass end of the station they see this J.M.S thing tatooed there and go 'dude you see that there yesterday?' 'no dude... oh my god aaaaah'

splat

:D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]His name was added to the back of the station as part of the credit sequence; it wasn't always on the model.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Ok, ta.

[QUOTE]Why would you get worked up over that? [/QUOTE]
    Not worked up. It's like when someone makes a bad pun. You laugh at what they're saying but it makes you groan too.

But that was somewhat off-topic anyway.
    The real point was had they ever shown that view of the station before? 'cos I can't think of an example.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]They did that for Season 5. You know in some way I always found it a bit cheesey. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh I thought that was pretty cool! :)
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Have you noticed that there were no credits at all in 'Sleeping in Light'? It just goes straight into the episode without introducing the characters...or at least it does on my video lol.
  • Yea, it was always like that. Ireally liked that acutally. gave more time for the actual episode, even though it was only another minute or so.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Phew! It would be just my luck to get a faulty video with half the scenes missing !:D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    As was mentioned, that's how it was meant to be. I don't think it was done to give the episode more room though. I think it was done because SiL is outside all the seasons really.
  • One episode didn't have JMS's name on the back end of the station, it had a Psi Corps emblem instead, though I can't remember which episode.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    "The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father"

It had the Psi-Corps logo and "Trust the Corps" on the screen instead of Babylon 5 after the "recap" portion of the sequence. Then, at the end, "Babylon 5" was on the back of the station, and JMS's name was next to it as a regular credit.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i always thought that psi-corps episode was a brilliant one.

after reading the books i always felt sorry for bester really. if it were me in his place i would probably have done the same as him:D
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Whitestar 15 [/i]
    [B]Have you noticed that there were no credits at all in 'Sleeping in Light'? It just goes straight into the episode without introducing the characters...or at least it does on my video lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes! I thought that was great!! And I thought it was like that becasue not all the characters are there in the last ep.
  • [QUOTE]At the end of the intro B5 has JMS' name painted across the back. Does anyone know if it was always there?[/QUOTE]

No, it's not there outside of the credits. Therefore, if the same part of the station were shown during an episode his name would not be there. jms talks a little bit about this in his commentary on [i]The Fall of Centauri Prime[/i].
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    [B]His name was added to the back of the station as part of the credit sequence; it wasn't always on the model.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

what model, it was made using lightwave, its cg :D

[B]
    C'mon, people...it's a credit sequence. It's not part of the story. [/B][/QUOTE]

exactly
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by N_Stock [/i]
    [B]No, it's not there outside of the credits. Therefore, if the same part of the station were shown during an episode his name would not be there. jms talks a little bit about this in his commentary on [i]The Fall of Centauri Prime[/i]. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks. Actually I watched that this afternoon!

He anticipated the question, well half of it anyway. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]what model, it was made using lightwave, its cg :D[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, that's right. It was made using a lightwave model.
  • Jon_SJon_S Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE]It had the Psi-Corps logo and "Trust the Corps" on the screen instead of Babylon 5 after the "recap" portion of the sequence. Then, at the end, "Babylon 5" was on the back of the station, and JMS's name was next to it as a regular credit.[/QUOTE] Not to mention the subliminal message during the Psi Corp commercial. That was great :p