Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Another cryptic message from JMS

In a recent Usenet post, JMS made yet another cryptic mention of an upcoming project:

[quote]The trade paperback containing the first six issues of Supreme Power hit the stands this past week, for those who want to jump on.

Oh...and starting around the Ides of May, look to the wrong side of the river for word from Harry, Jack and Albert.

Not that I'm enjoying this, of course....
jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd., permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine and don't send me story ideas)[/quote]

Whether or not the "Harry, Jack and Albert" reference is related to the upcoming B5 project is unknown.

Based on the clue, it seems (to me) as though there's going to be an announcement from the UK (London's South Bank is often known as the wrong side of the river) from Warner Brothers (Jack, Harry and Albert Warner founded WB) around May 15th.

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    WOOO!! I wish it was may allready.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    so 2 months until a possible announcement.. hm... :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Another 2 months? Aww geez...
  • [QUOTE]Another 2 months? Aww geez...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Patience is also a weapons when used properly[/QUOTE]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    u plan to patiently beat it out of him do u;)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    JMS likes being a Vorlon far too much.

Worf
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Another 2 months? Aww geez... [/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!

[QUOTE][B]JMS likes being a Vorlon far too much.[/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO! I couldn't agree with you more either! Hmm I reckon his brain is like a Vorlon encounter suit. I'd just love to get in it!! ;) ;)
  • *gasp*...Dust!! That's scandalous!!;-)

I kid:D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Man is he enjoying this or what???!!! ;) Well 2 months is not too long to wait. Bring it on!!!
  • owiggowigg Trainee
    To further fuel the speculation on the new project, if it IS a game, this might have something to do with it :

[url]http://www.bigkid.com.au/index.php?itemid=276[/url]
  • as to the game speculation:

AFter doing some digging at Perception's website (accessible from the website in owigg's post), I found that Perception signed on with JoWood back in October. JoWood also recently bought the rights to publish a game based on Stargate SG-1. to play devil's advocate, and to help keep our feet on the ground...it is more likely that Perception is helping out with SG-1 development.

...BUT, I hope I'm not right!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]*gasp*...Dust!! That's scandalous!!;-)

I kid:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha! Now you know I said head....I mean brain (better stick with brain, else you'll be saying which head) LOL! :D :p

[QUOTE][B]Man is he enjoying this or what???!!! Well 2 months is not too long to wait. Bring it on!!![/B][/QUOTE]

How can you say that?!! Am dying here!! ;)

As for it being a game I thought this was ruled out awhile ago by some evidence or JMS quote.

:)
  • Dust, I like your style! Don't you ever change!

...just keep in mind all, regardless what the project is (so long as it's visual media), if it does well...the embers for a game may be rekindled!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    God, I hope it's not a game. Last thing I want is another damned PC game that'd I'd probably enjoy playing.

No, I want the theatrical movie, dammit.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]Dust, I like your style! Don't you ever change!
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Why thankyou! No worries there, I don't intend to. :)

[QUOTE][B]God, I hope it's not a game. Last thing I want is another damned PC game that'd I'd probably enjoy playing.

No, I want the theatrical movie, dammit. [/B][/QUOTE]

Funny...... few wks back I would've been all up for a game, but after seeing end of B5 I'd rather now see a series, something that will satisfy my B5 hunger every wk. A movie would also be cool but 2hrs max? Not enough! :)
  • 2 hours not enough? How about 3 movies of 3 hours each. There is balance in the three.

Oh, yea, just wanted to say hi, been checking out firstones.com since the days of ITF but just registered for the forums.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Actually, one of my fears, if it is a motion picture, is that it will try to be too rushed, to fit into the timeframe, and too "simple" due to being only one movie. The beauty of the series is that they had time to roll out the plot, build characters and create intrigue. A single movie, even one at three hours, loses some of that in order to tell a complete story in that time

Now if they could do something along the lines of Peter Jackson with LOTR (3 movies, 3 hours each, shot at the same time), then I think we'd have one hell of a story, but I don't see any studio taking a gamble of that size on a fanbase like B5's.

Jake
  • owigg, here's the about Stargate SG-1, as posted on Gamespydaily.com:

JoWooD Productions has announced that they have secured the worldwide publishing and marketing rights for videogames based on the science fiction television series, Stargate SG-1. Part of the agreement includes the development video games by [B]Perception Ltd.[/B] for both Stargate SG-1 and the spin-off series, Stargate Atlantis.

--Looks like Perception's onboard for the Stargate game, not B5...drat

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums!!! Glad you're here!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]2 hours not enough? How about 3 movies of 3 hours each. There is balance in the three.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be better but I agree with freejack that if it were on every wk you relate more to the characters, plus say 20 eps thats 20wks to look forward to and hopefully another great season! And
    in a movie you don't really get to see their strengths,weaknesses or relationships growing/dying. You can't really fall in love with characters in 2 hours less its the same characters that have been in a series IMO. I will still be happy for a movie
    But I am really hoping for a series.
    btw Welcome aboard! :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    A movie is about the same as a short story MAYBE a novilla.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    well to be honest, I hope its not a game either. Id much rather have a good new series, than another subpar game.

rarely do major game makers make good show/movie -> game ports. In fact, alsmot every one Ive played, kind of sucks. ITF did a great job, and really brought a great story to the table with their game. However, they were not one of the big players in the game market either.

Look at the most recent Star Trek based game. It had the full potential to be a great game. Based losely on the Mirror Universe that we saw the first time in TOS and again in some very good books and several episodes of DS9 that didnt suck. Ends up, the game is repetetive with poor voice cameos and missions that have you doing the same thing over and over. very lame.

give me another quality show jms.

this ramble brought to you by
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]well to be honest, I hope its not a game either. Id much rather have a good new series, than another subpar game.[/b][/quote]

I wasn't aware we had a game o be subpar, and B5ITF is about as far from subpar as you can get.

[quote][b]rarely do major game makers make good show/movie -> game ports. In fact, alsmot every one Ive played, kind of sucks. ITF did a great job, and really brought a great story to the table with their game. However, they were not one of the big players in the game market either.[/b][/quote]

Sierra not a big player in the game market? Also of note is that the story was written by a couple of excellent writers with some very very good ideas, and had input from jms too.

[quote][b]Look at the most recent Star Trek based game. It had the full potential to be a great game. Based losely on the Mirror Universe that we saw the first time in TOS and again in some very good books and several episodes of DS9 that didnt suck. Ends up, the game is repetetive with poor voice cameos and missions that have you doing the same thing over and over. very lame.

give me another quality show jms.

this ramble brought to you by [/B][/QUOTE]

That game doesn't even count as a game, let alone a ST game. :)
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    A game may not be to bad, there have been a few reasonable crossovers between games and cinema/TV. It has been a while since a rollicking good series though so that would be my hope.

BTW, seeing as JMS created the Vorlons would that make him their god? Might explain the linguistic rebus' he keeps giving out. ::robot:
    Licence based games tend to be best when they don't follow the story of what they're based on but only use the setting/universe.

Examples: Knights of the Old Republic, Tie Fighter, Aliens vs Predator, the Buffy games...

Ok so the Buffy games use the cast of the show but they don't follow a storyline from the actual series.

Of course that doesn't always work, the Star Trek game mentioned above for example. I don't think it has even been or will be released in Europe.

Worf
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Well, hey, let's not forget the excellent [i]Star Trek: 25th Anniversary[/i] and its sequel [i]Star Trek: Judgment Rites[/i]. Those used the original series cast, and were excellent.

On the other hand, that's probably because the original series didn't have an overall plot structure tying everything together. Thus, those games could be made to be completely separate from the series.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Well, hey, let's not forget the excellent [i]Star Trek: 25th Anniversary[/i] and its sequel [i]Star Trek: Judgment Rites[/i]. Those used the original series cast, and were excellent.

On the other hand, that's probably because the original series didn't have an overall plot structure tying everything together. Thus, those games could be made to be completely separate from the series. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yeah, i have fond memories of playing those :)
    Oh right, forgot about those. In that case lets not forget A Final Unity.

Worf
    And, i also had quite a good time playing Starfleet Academy, Klingon Academy and Bridge Commander
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Hmmm, I seem to have been missing out on something.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]
    Ok so the Buffy games use the cast of the show but they don't follow a storyline from the actual series.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

The Buffy ones do to a point! They have the same main baddy guy in the first Buffy game as in the series that she has to defeat. :)