Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

2 questions

One, is there, or is there going to be a scenario where we can use the jumpgates to fly around the different sectors of space in order to achieve some mission objective in a scenario.... or for just plain fun...?????

And Second, how much longer is it going to take for the Shadow Battlecrab to be finished as a seperate ship to play in the campaign. I noticed in the INGAME mod that there is a Shadow BattleCrab.... can this not be just be taken from the INGAME specs and be used seperatly???

Comments

• Re: 2 questions

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jaden [/i]
    [B]One, is there, or is there going to be a scenario where we can use the jumpgates to fly around the different sectors of space in order to achieve some mission objective in a scenario.... or for just plain fun...?????[/B][/QUOTE] Maybe there will be such a scenario located in an own Buda5 Sector .... as a "j4f mission" seperated from the upcoming Buda5 campaign .... . But if there comes no wonder this won't be ready be4 next spring. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jaden [/i]
    [B]And Second, how much longer is it going to take for the Shadow Battlecrab to be finished as a seperate ship to play in the campaign. I noticed in the INGAME mod that there is a Shadow BattleCrab.... can this not be just be taken from the INGAME specs and be used seperatly???[/B][/QUOTE]If you want to use it seperately in the IW2 campaign, I've just made this [size=1](link removed 'cause it isn't finished)[/size] package.
    It replaces the comsec in the normal game. Due to time issues I haven't tested it now, but it should work. Just make sure you have the Buda5 Ini Pack and Buda5 Ship Pack selected before playing.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i was just wondering if there was any progress with the shadow battlecrab? been itching to play with it!:D
  • hehe, i just set the battle crab up so i can play it today. it realy wasnt too hard, especially considering i have never done any real moding work before. the extent of my experience is shuffling files around to create some effect, like replacing one existing weapon with another.... and iv never worked on iwar2 before.

anyway, if u take a look at the buda5 ini pack, and do a little comparison with the standard comsec.ini file it becomes prety obvious what to do. only tricky thing i found was that i had to comment out the spitfire fighters, they would crash the game. while im sur ethis isnt anywhere near the quality i could get from teh buda5 team, its nice to have in the meantime.

i also did the same thing with the vorlon fighter. that was a little more tricky though, cuz the beam was setup wrong and i had to edit its properties. i just ended up replacing it altogether with the heavy-neutron beam (for the nail fighter) and bumping the specs.

would be easy to do for the shadow fighter as well, but that didnt seem too interesting since it only has a small pulse weapon.

what i would realy realy realy like to see is the completion of the vorlon transport model. it was always one of my favorites from teh show, and as a player ship it should be teh best of all, since it has all the fire power of a super capitol ship without the size. my guess says it should be about the size of a heavy corvette, and a whole lot faster.
  • Lol. Jaden is me. lol. I forgot my password cuz I hadn't gotten on in awhile and I remade a name. But Jaden is me. I was also DestroyerX88 or something like that. lmao
    :p :p :p :p
  • SimonDRSimonDR Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boogyman [/i]
    [B]

what i would realy realy realy like to see is the completion of the vorlon transport model. it was always one of my favorites from teh show, and as a player ship it should be teh best of all, since it has all the fire power of a super capitol ship without the size. my guess says it should be about the size of a heavy corvette, and a whole lot faster. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am working on a Drazi Sunhawk just now but when i am finished i will have a look at doing the Vorlon Transport if no one else is doing it. Have to say it was one of my favorites as well :) .
  • sweet, i cant wait :-D