Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame PATCH

I've completed 95% of the work for the first Buda 5 InGame Patch. Fixed in the Buda 5 InGame Patch v1.1 are:

Centauri Sentri Weapon Sounds
Centauri Sentri Weapons
Clearical Errors in Credits
Clearical Errors in Splash Screens
Several Ship Hardpoint Issues
Weapons Balancing Table Errors
Weapon Speed Errors
Weapons Text Display Errors
Copyright, and Trademark Description errors

However, before the patch is finalized, i'd like to give you guys the chance to tell me what u've noticed needs fixing. Remember however, some of the things listed in the readme file can never be fixed, so please don't repeat those. Anything else however, feel free to post here. I'll try my best to incorporate it into the patch.

Please try and stick to real "Bugs" and not just suggestions. While we value your suggestions, this patch is strictly to correct true fixable "errors" in Buda 5 InGame. Thanx!!

Comments

• B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Warlock Destroyer

I have notices while playing in the Warlock the game freezes up. It has only happened twice. Once when i was Remote Piloting a fighter. Another time when i was using the railgun.

Please don't tell me to get the patch or that i am stupid. I am copletely updated and i just would like to tell you about this bug/enomily

Thanks

B5junky
  • rqqrqq Trainee
    wingman orders for those fighters

while I lead my flagship Omega to cruise in the infinite universe, I hope not only to launch the squadron of fighters ( which was already implemented ), but also to command those fighters as I could do with wingmen by the wingman orders.
    If that could come true?

I had ever played many games before, but only two still stay in my computer on today. One of them is just the IWar-2, for one reason is itself original charm of exploring the universe,and for another is the fantastic series of Buda 5 mods .
  • The game is also pretty unstable, it chashes every time i play it.
    :( :(
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by B5Junky [/i]
    [B]I have notices while playing in the Warlock the game freezes up. It has only happened twice. Once when i was Remote Piloting a fighter. Another time when i was using the railgun.

Please don't tell me to get the patch or that i am stupid. I am copletely updated and i just would like to tell you about this bug/enomily

Thanks

B5junky [/B][/QUOTE]

Can you go into more detail about the crashes??? what exactly you were doing? like firing, or switching to a fighter, or using a system? just get as specific as you can please.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rqq [/i]
    [B]while I lead my flagship Omega to cruise in the infinite universe, I hope not only to launch the squadron of fighters ( which was already implemented ), but also to command those fighters as I could do with wingmen by the wingman orders.
    If that could come true?

I had ever played many games before, but only two still stay in my computer on today. One of them is just the IWar-2, for one reason is itself original charm of exploring the universe,and for another is the fantastic series of Buda 5 mods . [/B][/QUOTE]

This issue has come up alot in the past... and while it is a SUGGESTION ;) i'll address it. I've tried very hard in the past to get something like this working but have been unable to...

Now a while back there were rumors that someone on another forum had made a mod capable of this, but i was never able to find it... if anyone does know where it is, or that it exists period, please feel free to post a link, i have just NEVER been able to find it... :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shaman [/i]
    [B]The game is also pretty unstable, it chashes every time i play it.
    :( :( [/B][/QUOTE]

I addressed that in your other post, hopefully that will help...
  • please feel free to post anyone... this is your chance to get something into the patch.. i can't garuntee when a second patch will come out, if ever...
  • I've been too busy to play the in-game mod for a long time, but there was one problem, not a bug but a balancing problem.

While trying to join the Al-what-ever-they-are-called-with-the-Arabic-names (I said it had been a long time since I played) one of the trials is to retrieve a pod from the middle of a minefield and transfer it to a waypoint using a remote drone. The minefield is no problem, my Whitestar opened fire on the mines and wiped them clean the moment I got anywhere near them. (I [b]love[/b] automated gunnery! :D)

However, on reaching the pod and docking to it, it became clear that the shuttle that replaces the remote drone simply doesn't have sufficient thrust to manage the task. It took me most of the time allocated simply to turn the drone to face the waypoint! Using manoevering thrusters enabled me to start moving the drone in the approximate direction of the waypoint whilest still turning, but even so I don't think it can be done.

Perhaps it could be rebalanced by increasing the mass of the EA Shuttles, and the thrust proportionately? Or something?

I might have done some more experimenting, but a massive HD failure and much business in Real Life have generally got int the way of play.

I have noticed my machine become unstable sometimes when playing the In-Game mod. Generally reducing resolution and graphics quality (remember to maintain 32-bit mode), inhibiting any other applications running at the time (especially virus checkers) and doing anything else that reduces system load improves this. Upgrading to 1Gb ram made life a lot sweeter - this mod eats memory!

Usual refrain - the latest (or second-latest in some cases) graphics drivers will always be less likely to cause crashes.

Thanks for an excellent mod! Mods of this calibre are few and far between in the Space Combat Sim world!
  • crashing

i posted this in teh crashing to desktop thread, but it seemed apropriate here as well.

i also am having difficulties with crashing. whenever i run buda5 ingame the game will crash in jsu tunder 10 minutes. there is no exception. it will happen with any ship on any mission and at any time. there is no identifiable trigger. i looked to see if it hapens with specific events, like collecting too much cargo, or just after i call jaffs, or after destroying certain ships, or after certain ships jump, but hter jsut is no pattern except time. there is only one time that anyhting different happens, and that is when i use the minbari nail fighter. the nail fighter will crash as soon as loading is complete, before any frames are rendered.

my system is win2k sp4, 1GB DDR, Athlon XP 2200+, Creative Audigy Platinum. i am running all the latest drivers for my hardware, and teh iwar2 installation is fresh, and patched, and then buda5 was installed. even my OS is fresh because i recently had to reformat.

i do not know if this will help at all, but i a also having troubles with the standard iwar2 individual ship replacememnts. i am not too concerned with this because i would rather just play buda5 in-game, but it might draw some parallels for you to work from. i can use most of the player ship replacememnts alone without much trouble. sometimes ships which cary fighters will crash randomly. more interesting is when i activate some of the non-player replacements, such as the GOD platforms, Orion base, cargo ships, etc. when these are running i always end up with a crash, though the time to crash is not predictable like it is in buda5 in-game. i hav enot yet been able to determine which combination of mods, or individual mod, it is that causes the crash, although i am leaning towards the cargo ships at teh moment. lastly, like the nail fighter crash in buda5 in-game, i ge ta crash every time i activate the g'quan AI replacement. i can hit launch, loading will complete, and before any frames are rendered teh game will crash.
  • i just noticed on teh main site that the g'quan AI has been updated, so perhaps my problems there are gone...

ill have to get back to you about that
  • ok, i have isolated one deffinate cause of crashing. over the last few days i ahve been playing around with the buda5 files just for fun. i extracted some of the .ini files form teh pack, and enabled the shadow battlecrab as the comsec. first problem came up had to do with the spitfire fighters. i guessed they were the problem because i couldnt find teh file it was pointing to. this worked ou tgreat, and i played with it for hours, jsut stomping all the poor ships around me with its incredible power. later on, i found the missing spitfire file in another directory, and simply redirected the code in the battle crabs' ini file and it worked, i had a whole bunch of nasty little fighters that i could launch and have fight for me. unfortunately, im right back to the crashing problem that i have experienced with any ship that launches remote fighters from a missile magazine. i can play, briefly, and in less than 10 minutes teh game will crash to teh desktop. since enabling those fighters was the only change i made, the error has to be comming from their code, but i cant find it, or at least havnt yet.

all this is actualy in normal iwar2, with only the buda5 ship pack and ini files eanbled and teh comsec replaced w/ the shadow crab which i pulled out of the ini files. the reason i post it here is because it perfectly mirrors the problems i mentioned above with buda5-ingame, and i suspect teh remote fighters to be the casue there as well. it may be important that none of them have to be launched, their mere presence will cause this behavior.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boogyman [/i]
    [B]all this is actualy in normal iwar2, with only the buda5 ship pack and ini files eanbled and teh comsec replaced w/ the shadow crab which i pulled out of the ini files.[/B][/QUOTE][b]So you have the Ship Pack and ini Files enabled at the same time with the Single Ship Mod? This you shouldn't do[/b] b/c so same/nearly same files are enabled at the same time, so they "disturbs" (don't know the appropiate english word now) the Flux engine what could cause crashes.

Also you said you didn't have activated any mod on Buda5 InGame: This includes also the Buda5 Ship Pack and Ini Files.
  • i know what u mean, but i dont think this is the case here for 3 reasons. first, the "single ship mod" im referring to consists of one ini file which i extracted from the ini pack and simply renamed. (shadow_battlecrab.ini renamed to comsec.ini) therefore, there should be no overlaping. secondly, i get teh EXACT same behavior from any other buda5 single ship mod which has fighters, and from buda5 in-game. thirdly, when i commented the spitfire fighters out of the ini file i was able to play for several hours without any problems.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boogyman [/i]
    [B]i know what u mean, but i dont think this is the case here for 3 reasons. first, the "single ship mod" im referring to consists of one ini file which i extracted from the ini pack and simply renamed. (shadow_battlecrab.ini renamed to comsec.ini) therefore, there should be no overlaping. secondly, i get teh EXACT same behavior from any other buda5 single ship mod which has fighters, and from buda5 in-game. thirdly, when i commented the spitfire fighters out of the ini file i was able to play for several hours without any problems. [/B][/QUOTE]Ah, I see.
  • When I use the ISA Excalibur, I get a crash every time I launch a fighter and switch to it. The crash hapens when I STOP controlling the fighter. Everything I tested with it, destroying the fighter, deactivating the REM system, maybe even flying out of range, though I don't remembe offhand if I tried that. I just remember that leaving by fighter makes a crash. One that requires a computer reset rather than just going back to the desktop.

Second problem I just remembered. The mission where you have to look at some colored lights on a transmitter, in the last act, and patch a device into the wire that matches colors with the lights on the station. No lights. I get wo ring stations docked together. I definitely saw the station part with the three antennas coming off it in the mission into Dante system earlier in the game, when you tow it to the backdoor jump point.
  • B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Warlock

The game mostly freezes while i am firing and somtimes when i am in a fighter.

I aslo noticed that the game will freeze if I am controlling a remote fighter and decide to unlink. It will freez in this situation when there are enenies in the area, not at other times. But the situation witht the remote fighters ony happens when i am in instant action.
  • Hi..

great mod, play it all the time but when you play the campaign and after the first mission i went back to my main base (B5 station) to save the game, but when i went back to it, the ship that was a starfury joined back into the old ship (petrol ship thing, the one you get from the start)...

Do you know how to fix that, and is there a patch for the game?
  • Saving Games

Have a look at this thread:
    [url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4941&highlight=%2Asave%2A[/url]