Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

An Interview with Auther C. Clarke

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
Quite an interesting read.

[url]http://www.theonionavclub.com/4007/feature1.html[/url]

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    All I can say is...

Mr. Clarke, you rule.
  • Great interview, [I]Rendezvous with Rama[/I] is one of the few books i could happily read every month.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Some of his quotes in that interview are great. I like his poem. :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kaluzas revenge [/i]
    [B]Great interview, [I]Rendezvous with Rama[/I] is one of the few books i could happily read every month. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've read the entire series, a masterwork of modern science fiction literature. IMO it's Sci-Fi's answer to Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.

Regards,
    Morden
  • Unfortunately, I have never got around to reading any of the sequels to [I]RwR[/I] , but judging by your recommendation, i think its time i made the effort.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Some of his quotes in that interview are great. I like his poem. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

That's my favorite bit, as well :D
  • "If there are any gods whose chief concern is man, they can't be very important gods."

"The asteroid is number four thousand and something, and the International Astronomical Federation, which deals with these sorts of things and numbered it, apologized to me because number 2001 wasn't available, having been given to somebody named "A. Einstein."

Hehe. I've never read Rama, mainly because I'm busy reading every OTHER science fiction novel ever written. Will have to get those. Right after Heretics of Dune, and Chapterhouse. And Dan Simmon's new work. And Neal Stephenson's (BEST AUTHOR EVAR!!!!!1!!oneone! as Simmonds would say). And the Ender's sequels. And those 20-something other books piled on top of my night stand. :D
    I thought that quote about gods was quite well put. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I thought that quote about gods was quite well put. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

And the one about religion in general.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Childhood's End was his best book...

;)
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    *adds Childhood's End to her reading list*

-Φ [subliminal]has so many books...and so little time...and so much homework...and yet still she posts...heh...[/subliminal]
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kaluzas revenge [/i]
    [B]Unfortunately, I have never got around to reading any of the sequels to [I]RwR[/I] , but judging by your recommendation, i think its time i made the effort. [/B][/QUOTE]

Be prepared to sacrifice a LOT of time mate, the books are thick and the font is small. ;)
    However, the experience is well worth the time. After I'd finished "Rama Revealed", I thought that nothing I would ever read would better the Rama saga in any way. It was that good.

Regards,
    Morden
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Yep, Rama is an absolutely excellent series of books, definitely my favorite of his that I've read so far (and let's not forget Gentry Lee's contribution).

Biggles: Regarding the topic of this thread, his name is Arthur. That's A-R-T-H-U-R.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Biggles: Regarding the topic of this thread, his name is Arthur. That's A-R-T-H-U-R. [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! You'd make a good nursery teacher, talking like that! :D

Regards,
    Morden
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    reading Dune atm..finished with the main series, and reading the Chapterhouse Harkonnen book now, recommended, maybe I'll read some Clarke afterwards...
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    The Rama series of books are great. Should be on any Sci-Fi fans basic reading list...

Jake
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]reading Dune atm..finished with the main series, and reading the Chapterhouse Harkonnen book now, recommended, maybe I'll read some Clarke afterwards... [/B][/QUOTE]
    You mean the prequel book? I read those before the originals, they were quite good. I've got about 75 pages left in Heretics right now. Excellent series the whole way through. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Yep, Rama is an absolutely excellent series of books, definitely my favorite of his that I've read so far (and let's not forget Gentry Lee's contribution).

Biggles: Regarding the topic of this thread, his name is Arthur. That's A-R-T-H-U-R. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoops. :)
    It was... um... midday. I was tired.
    [B]Whoops. :)
    It was... um... midday. I was tired. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's how it's spelled in England. :D

(Mixing up the threads again)
    [B]It was... um... midday. I was tired. [/B][/QUOTE]

What, did someone pour a bottle of Whiskey into your nutrient tank?

Regards,
    Morden
  • Bah...only an asteroid named after him?

I have an entire galaxy named A2597! :D

(No, seriously, look it up. Theres even photos of it!)
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    Philip K Dick
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I've got his new book, "Time's Eye" on order at my local library.

Anybody read it? If so, is it any good?