Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

wacky idea

Hi, just a freaky idea appeared in my mind, I was thinking about Crusade, and how much I would love to see that show =)

How many fans do you suppose B5 has?, and how many of them would donate money to get a show like Crusade?
I guess one episode would cost about 1mill. US $.

Now I'm not suggesting 'we' pay an entire season, but hey with enough fans how many eps do you suppose 'we' could get?

A freaky idea, as I said. If only BillGates was a fan :P

OinkOink
=)

And I wouldnt mind throwing in 500-1000US$ if it came to that.

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I don't think the Crusade budget was as high as $1m an episode. As I recall, Farscape cost that and was considered one of the expensive shows to make.
  • Maybe, I just heard something about the old tng episodes costing around 1mill per show. So I figured that would atleast be the cost :/
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OinkOink [/i]
    [B]Maybe, I just heard something about the old tng episodes costing around 1mill per show. So I figured that would atleast be the cost :/ [/B][/QUOTE]
    B5 had about half the budget of a TNG episode, and crusade's budget was less then B5's.
    Now adays, you might be able to do it maybe even cheaper, considering the advancements in CGI technology (and the ammount of B5 fans doing stuff like this at home.)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    its a great idea, but i dont think it would ever happen:( pity. id love to hear the arguments about which episode to do tho;)
  • People lets hear how much, you can/and are able to donate? =) Just for fun.

Maybe we should go from door to door and ask for money? (ok getting more wacky)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I can't donate anything, Payapl doesn't work for me and I can't get a creditcard.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Legend of the Rangers was ~$200,000

and that was only because certain unnammed individuals were able to hand deliver a CD containing the remnants of Netter Geometry to JMS...

;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Legend of the Rangers was ~$200,000

and that was only because certain unnammed individuals were able to hand deliver a CD containing the remnants of Netter Geometry to JMS...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]
    was that the whole movie? or the special effects?
    if it was the whole movie, then hey, let's get on with the collecting.....
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    *cough*b5 fanfilm*cough*

Worf
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    a fanfilm would be cool, but then I think it should be in the same quality as Starwreck 6.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]was that the whole movie? or the special effects?
    if it was the whole movie, then hey, let's get on with the collecting..... [/B][/QUOTE]

I heard that was the budget for the whole Production of the Pilot. If no-one had come forth and saved his CGI butt, that would've been a bust, because that was all he had to work with cash wise, and to start over with CGI would have been prohibitive.
    [B]I heard that was the budget for the whole Production of the Pilot. If no-one had come forth and saved his CGI butt, that would've been a bust, because that was all he had to work with cash wise, and to start over with CGI would have been prohibitive. [/B][/QUOTE]

200.000 for an entire 2hour movie... compare that to the ~1 Million per episode budget of TNG....
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]a fanfilm would be cool, but then I think it should be in the same quality as Starwreck 6. [/B][/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.starwreck.com/media/itp/star_wreck_itp_trailer_divx.avi]High Quality DivX trailer[/URL] 18 megs, folks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]200.000 for an entire 2hour movie... compare that to the ~1 Million per episode budget of TNG.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Although it is quite possible that the 200,000 was the budget for just the CGI too... Randy might be able to clarify that a little...

;)
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [B]I heard that was the budget for the whole Production of the Pilot. If no-one had come forth and saved his CGI butt, that would've been a bust, because that was all he had to work with cash wise, and to start over with CGI would have been prohibitive. [/B][/QUOTE]

And we wouldn't know anything about that...

:vorlon:

-R.

(Who says B5 doesn't have real Rangers here today?)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]And we wouldn't know anything about that...

:vorlon:

-R.

(Who says B5 doesn't have real Rangers here today?) [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope... Not a thing! :p

*cough* :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Rangers? What is Rangers? ;)

*scurries back to Cheyenne Mountain*
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Legend of the Rangers was ~$200,000[/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, that changes perspective when watching this movie, I guess...