Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Can't get the mission pack to work

I've tried about 5 times each time with a fresh copy of EOC, it just keeps saying that i haven't added the ship pack and the ini pack, both of which i have added
the game is patched to the latest patch

i have no idea why it is not working
anyone help?

:( :(

Comments

• Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    I suppose Buda5_InGame is not installed (as it should not be). Do you have latest ship and ini packs with names:
    Buda5_ship_pack.zip
    Buda5_inifiles.zip

Names may be case sensitive but at least underscores ( _ ) does matter.
  • EddEdd Trainee
    yes i have both of them and buda5 ingame is NOT installed
  • Did you extract the files?
  • EddEdd Trainee
    i'm not an idiot of course i extracted the files, i followed the instructions on the website to a T and it still refuses to work
  • Do not extract the ship pack and inifiles. Just put them in to your mods folder as they are. zipped
  • EddEdd Trainee
    bugger me, my bad, cheers for clearing that up
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Edd [/i]
    [B]i'm not an idiot of course i extracted the files[/B][/QUOTE]:D .. has something ironically ;) *jk*. Hope you enjoy the Scenarios.
  • G'day,

i've still problems with getting that incredible mission collection 2003 mod.

firstly:
    -I installed I-war 2 on my machine
    in second:
    -I patched that installation of iw2 from v10 to v14.6
    in third:
    -I copied Buda5_inifiles.zip and Buda5_ship_pack.zip to the \\iw2\mods - folder
    in fourth:
    -I startet the setup of the mission collection 2003.exe and selected my iw2 inst path.
    in fifth:
    - I startet the game 'normally' and marked under extras the scen. point 'misssion collection After that I startet the scen.
    in sixth:
    - the loading screen started and after a cpu-time of 4 seconds, the loading-status-pointer hung. It filled up approx 1/6 of the whole rectangle. -but system hung.

other tries failed - all with the same proberties of failure (see upper) :mad:

specs:
    AMD K7 1400 TB
    Radeon 8500
    windows 2000 pro 3
    EU version of iw2.

I'd like to enjoy the great B5 universe in-game, but...

plz, are there known issues at stake according to such a problem??

greetz Londo :confused:
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Did you enable Ship pack and inifiles mods in extras screen before starting mission collection? Otherwise I don't know because I haven't had that kind of problem.

Only hanging I have had is that after mission it goes to menu and then mouse freezes. It will return to normal after a while though. It's probably caused by our way to return from mission to menu screen. I don't know how guys at Particle did it so we had to make some way (simply removing overlays).
  • The installation you did is correct.

Following possible reason:

For the EU version the Patch F14.6 has an error b/c it includes some files that shouldn't be in the IW2 folder for D3D v8 graphic cards (with D3D v9 it works). Try to start a normal game (Campaign or Quick Battle). If then the game crashes, too - like the mod - do following:
    Open the path [i]\resource\images\planets[/i] and delete all files in it.

PS:
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlord II [/i]
    [B]Did you enable Ship pack and inifiles mods in extras screen before starting mission collection?[/B][/QUOTE]That you don't need to do ... the Mission Collection enables the both archives automatically.
  • Thanks to all,

but on my machine with my dx8 graphic card and Win2000 nothing works according the mission collection 2003 mod.
    I will to try in approx half a year again, when I intend to buy a new computer.