Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Can't seem to get the mission pack working :(

alright dudes, i've used the buda5 ships and downloads for ages, now for some reason i can't get the mission packs you relised a few months ago, i followed the guide lines which sed to re-install EOC2 so it is clean of bugs and things and for some reason now it won't let me install the 1.4 patch which makes the whole damn thing work.

i've downloaded the patch and every time i install it , it says that this is already installed on your version (which it isn't) so just wondering if any might know what the problem is ? i've already downloaded the buda 5 install pack thingy and i tried using that just to see if it would work but that didn't either so im guessing i need the patch to make it work.

any help any1 could give me would be great!
thanks

Panic Attack.................

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Did u scrub the EoC directory from the Program files directory? might be cos of some undeleted files left over from last time.
  • yeah i think i have done that. just tried it again and doesnt work, probably because the computer needs a kick up the ass.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    hmmm.....not sure what else u could do. maybe try using the add/remove feature in control panel. other than that........sorry:(
  • Wrong Unintallation?

Yes, for all mods you need the patch F14.6.

If you deinstalled all copies of EoC you had on your PC correctly there shouldn't be a problem with reinstalling and repatching it.

If it won't work either then after the uninstallation search for "Independence War 2" oder "Edge of Chaos" in the registry (enter "regedit" in the prompt) and delete all the keys,... that contains these terms.
    ***All modifications you make in the registry are at your own risk.***
  • yeah it has worked fine in the past reinstalling and uninstalling, might be because i've added so many things to my computer it can't hack it any more. give it one more shot and if it still doesn't work then i might just rebuild the whole machine. thanx for the feed back guys

Panic, AAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhh