Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Wooohooo!!!1 B5 B5 Update from JMS Chech the newspage

Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite RangerGermany
:)
yessss!!!!!!!!!
now i'm happy

Comments

• MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    nice :)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    For those of us that don't visit the main page much:

[quote]>I was reading in another post that somebody was saying that they'd read
    >that the Rising Stars matter with Top Cow had been resolved. Is this
    >true?

Yes. There were a number of conditions set before Top Cow in order to resolve
    this, and those conditions were met. So the final three scripts will be turned in by late January/early February, and the Rising Stars story will be complete.

>And also, is there anything else new for all us grateful fans? :)

Well, lessee...the first issue of the Doc Strange mini is nearly done, and I've
    turned in the first issue of a new series for Marvel which will have to await a
    more formal word from them, I'm afraid, since PR is properly their venue on
    things like this, and the next Supreme Power comes out next week. Spidey 501 came out a few days ago (and the last page is kind of a goof from what I'd
    originally scripted...it's a long story, but it doesn't look like it should.)

[b]On the B5 front, there has been something of rather substantial proportion that's finally gone from talk to money, such that I'm now working frantically to meet some deadlines, but there's nothing I can say about this until after January 15th, probably closer to the end of that month.

The only thing I can say is that phase one of the new project is a go, hence
    the furious writing schedule at this end of things, which is why I've been
    silent until deciding to kick up some dust on the political discusion. I've
    been writing my little brains out.

I know the immediate result of this will be speculation, but if we could keep
    that to a low roar on the nets to avoid precluding anything, that would be a
    wonderfulness. But trust me: I wouldn't go on about something in this way if
    it wasn't a significant development. Just trust me on this one for a bit and
    hold fire until further word.

(Longtime followers of the various news groups know that an eep means that
    something significant has happened, but that I can't talk about it...the eep is
    just a way of saying, on the QT, that something has, indeed, happened and it's real, not just speculation or maybe-gonna-happens. So on that basis, you may consider this an eep.)

And on the topic of fans for a moment...I'm happy to mention that we've included a thanks to Steve Grimm (Lurker's Guide) and our resident moderator Jay Denebeim on the Season 5 DVD. Just a way of saying thanks for years of help and support.

Oh, yeah...and next year you can expect two new DVD sets that a) include all of the TV movies in one package (with commentaries from me on "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning") and b) package all 13 of the Crusade episodes into one box.[/b]

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
    (all message content (c) 2003 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
    permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
    and don't send me story ideas)[/quote]

Kickass!
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    for anyone that doesn't visit the mainpage much: [url]http://www.firstones.com[/url] is the link :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I am so happy I am going to.....

SING........

I love my aardvark, my aardvark loves me
    I love my aardvark, by the cotten wood tree
    My little aardvark goes
    Dor de dor de dor de de dor de de dor de de doy!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    AARGH! my ears, croxis.
    Still good news! :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Hey I'm a good singer!
  • ok for those of us who haven't followed the news, what IS the new B5 project???
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]AARGH! my ears, croxis.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Croxis, don't break the Geneva's convention of human rights!
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Oooh... gimmie gimmie gimmie

getting excited now...:)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]ok for those of us who haven't followed the news, what IS the new B5 project??? [/B][/QUOTE]

Good question. What is it all about?
  • SiderealSidereal Earthforce Officer
    Reading that just made me smile - at work!

(people are now wondering what's wrong with me)
  • Hi - this made me smile an hope again :).

To those who asked what it is all about... re-read what JMS wrote:

[QUOTE][B]
    I know the immediate result of this will be speculation, but if we could keep
    that to a low roar on the nets to avoid precluding anything, that would be a
    wonderfulness. But trust me: I wouldn't go on about something in this way if
    it wasn't a significant development. Just trust me on this one for a bit and
    hold fire until further word.[/B][/QUOTE]

So, just smile and believe that something will happen, because "something is on its way". JMS will tell us, he even mentioned that he'll probably tell us by the end of January. Be patient.
  • OK, this has been discussed in detail here in the forums be4, i was just to lazy to read the thread... i wanna know what it's all about... and by the way, i CAN read man, don't be a jerk.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]OK, this has been discussed in detail here in the forums be4, i was just to lazy to read the thread... i wanna know what it's all about... and by the way, i CAN read man, don't be a jerk. [/B][/QUOTE]

He wasn't being a jerk. He was pointing out that JMS clearly states in his post that he can't talk about the project yet.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    Update

>What a weekend! Does all movies include B5LR by the way?

Not in the big set, no...that will be a separate DVD since it's really not a
    part of what comprised the original B5 movies.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
    (all message content (c) 2003 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
    permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
    and don't send me story ideas)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Sweet!! :)
  • Lotr.. Well I think I won't even buy that on dvd. The weapons the weapons, I mean, what the hell did they think?! :(
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alpha-1 [/i]
    [B]Update

>What a weekend! Does all movies include B5LR by the way?
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    I am sorry for asking. But what is B5LR?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Legends of the Rangers, a telemovie and potental series pilot. You can find more about it in the forum of the same name, below this one in the main forums list. If it comes up blank, select "Show all topics" from the menu at the bottom of the page.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I might get that one, but I think it would be mostly for the music. And because I'm a completist.
    I'm definitely excited about Crusade coming to DVD. Now I won't have to sit up at 1am CST on sunday nights just to watch it. (stupid Scifi channel with the lame ass timeslot)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Yeah... SciFi has really gone to crap lately...

BTW, the B5 Project is an Adventure Game based in the B5 universe...

:p

JMS plays the part of a lowly Janitor in the wrong place at the wrong time...

heh heh
    lol

You know, this makes me want to play that game that came with the "B5: Shadow Wars Entertainment Utility" CD. :) Tis alot of fun. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Yeah... SciFi has really gone to crap lately...

BTW, the B5 Project is an Adventure Game based in the B5 universe...

heh heh [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn, but I'd pay to play that!

Heck, I'll even develop it; just need someone else to do the art, and several voice actors. Oh, yeah, and approval from WB/JMS to make it official....
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Damn, but I'd pay to play that!

Heck, I'll even develop it; just need someone else to do the art, and several voice actors. Oh, yeah, and approval from WB/JMS to make it official.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't think I missed the hint you dropped earlier today James... ;)

heh heh...
    &ltlooks innocent&gt

Hint? What hint?
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Cool news,will look forward to next year now.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Er...[b]Stargate[/b]?

[B]BTW, the B5 Project is an Adventure Game based in the B5 universe...

[/B][/QUOTE]

"Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM!"

;)

-R.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Err...StarGate?...Enterprise?
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    He meant the SciFi Channel, A :)

-R.