Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Return of the King - Saruman?

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
Saruman out?

pfffffffff!

If that is going to be true, here's one chap that won't be seeing the movie in theaters. Download maybe, but not paying. :/

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    his 7 minute scene will be in the extended version.. still, if I get lucky wont get to see it..

I ain't that hopefull about the third movie, considering that Two Towers was to Fellowship what Reloaded was to Matrix (or Phantom Menace to whole Star Wars universe)
  • dot dot dot

TT was in every way as good as FotR. And RotK is only going to be better...

...But if you're only watching them to please your Old Man fetish, then whatever... :rolleyes:
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The problem is that the scene is pretty important for connecting to and closing one thread in the series.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]The problem is that the scene is pretty important for connecting to and closing one thread in the series. [/B][/QUOTE]

The way I heard it, that the scene was removed in order to "dumb down" the movie for some region or the other.. :rolleyes: :p
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Peter Jackson knows his movie better then us. Im surprised he even leaked this info out because i find it irrelevant. If he feels the film is better without it, then i bet it is.
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    We're talking about a guy who blew up a lamb once.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'd imagine if you're an NZer, you'd think that's a good thing :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Not just once. :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Mutton anyone?

:p
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]Peter Jackson knows his movie better then us. Im surprised he even leaked this info out because i find it irrelevant. If he feels the film is better without it, then i bet it is. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Well it is Peter Jacksons movie, but it isn't his story. To this day he got the support of the LoR-Fans. I doubt this he will get it with Saruman (one of the main charakters) out.
    But we'll wait and see and judge afterwards. It was by the way leaked out by "Saruman" himself. He will boycott the premiere.
  • it was what? a 5-8 minute scene, that woldn't fit in the film.

it was supposed to be in the two towers, but it didn't really fit there, because the battle of Helm's Deep was the end of that movie. Adding a scene with Sauramon would have felt "wrong" after that.

It was then supposed to be in the beginning of ROTK, but to OPEN it with Sauramon didn't work, so it was cut. it WILL be in the extended version.

Also, ROTK is already 3 and a half hours long...those few minutes could be another theater showing.
  • AlexAlex Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]it was supposed to be in the two towers, but it didn't really fit there, because the battle of Helm's Deep was the end of that movie. Adding a scene with Sauramon would have felt "wrong" after that.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

How would it have felt wrong? If anything feels wrong then it's the fact that this scene is missing.
    It feels wrong that the movie ended way too early. TTT doesn't end with Helm's Deep. Lots of things are missing.
    Saruman's Palantir is just one of many things that are missing.
    Frodo and Sam should also be much farther.
    They should have reached Cirith Ungol, Sam should have defeated Shelob and Frodo should be captured.

That's where TTT ends. It feels wrong that all this is missing.

If they put all this in RotK, I could live with it, but if Jackson now decides to remove important chapters (like 'the Voice of Saruman' and 'the palantir'), that's not acceptable.

The worst thing I've hear so far is the rumor that the whole scouring of the shire is left out. I realy hope that's not true.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alex [/i]
    [B]How would it have felt wrong? If anything feels wrong then it's the fact that this scene is missing.
    It feels wrong that the movie ended way too early. TTT doesn't end with Helm's Deep. Lots of things are missing.
    Saruman's Palantir is just one of many things that are missing.
    Frodo and Sam should also be much farther.
    They should have reached Cirith Ungol, Sam should have defeated Shelob and Frodo should be captured.

That's where TTT ends. It feels wrong that all this is missing.

If they put all this in RotK, I could live with it, but if Jackson now decides to remove important chapters (like 'the Voice of Saruman' and 'the palantir'), that's not acceptable.

The worst thing I've hear so far is the rumor that the whole scouring of the shire is left out. I realy hope that's not true. [/B][/QUOTE]

Everything with shelob is just delayed until ROTK. I'm almost positive the scouring is left out, but the gray havens are still there I think. I can understand why though. If the Gray Havens were gone I'd be very pissed off, but it just would be amazingly anti-climatic to have this little hobbit battle after the grand battles at Minas Tirith and outside the black gate. Not everything that works in the book would work in a movie.
    Peter Jackson said in a press conference last year (or possibly the year before) that the Scouring of the Shire is not in the movie. Personally, I think this is very dissapointing as that was my favorite part of the whole saga. I can see why he would leave it out though, it is a little anti-climatic from a movie point of view.
  • U know i was in blockbuster the other day and we were searching thru the drama section, and we noticed that blockbuster lists this movie in the wrong alphabetical order... for some reason they list "Bored of the Rings" under 'L'.... isn't that messed up!?! go to your local blockbuster to see... they also spelled Bored wrong... :shadow1: :shadow2:
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Actually, there was a parody called Bored of the Rings, and Bored is the correct spelling (at least for something dull and unteresting. If it was about planks of wood, then there'd be a problem). Maybe it's blockbuster's policy to stick parodies near the source material, or maybe some wag switched the entries.
    No, I think Logic is just trying to convince everyone that LotR is boring.

Also, Bored of the Rings is only a book.
  • Kill the blasphemer.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]No, I think Logic is just trying to convince everyone that LotR is boring.[/B][/QUOTE]

exactly correct, glad u agree :)
    How did you get that out of what I said?
  • it was a joke............ :rolleyes:
    Sorry, missed it.
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    I've got my advance tickets to Return of the King. In fact, I've had them for a week now. Muhahahaha. :)

12:01 am showing.... =)
  • :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Striker [/i]
    [B]I've got my advance tickets to Return of the King. In fact, I've had them for a week now. Muhahahaha. :)

12:01 am showing.... =) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, me too. :)