Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I just e-mailed Sierra...

2»

Comments

• JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Come now... Do you even think the message is falling on the ears of those who had anything to do with it anymore?

I certainly think that HW, HW:C, and HW2 are worth buying... to support Relic, HL, HL2, etc for Valve... etc etc...

As SamuelK said support the devs, not the publisher... You cannot seperate the two, so buy for the sake of the Devs...

In regards to B5:Itf even if Sierra/VUI/Havas whatever-the-fuck wanted to sell off the IP for Itf, they can't find the shit anymore, they already had lost it by the time S14 was trying to get it...

It's just plain gone... The only way to get Itf is to start over, and it would need that anyway, considering the years that have passed.

Enjoy the MODs, enjoy IFH, these people worked hard to fill the gap, and above all support the studios Valve, Relic, etc because without the publisher(s) (as evil as they might be) their games will not get released...

;)

By the way... Just so a few of you are clear on this... there are a few former developers of B5:Itf that work at studios these days who publish their games through the new version of Sierra... not just John at High Voltage, but Keith also from Swinging Ape, and others who work contract temp jobs for projects that go through Sierra to get to the shelves...

Would you boycott their work too?

:)
  • well, as stated, Sierra hasn't released any game I'm interested since before they canned ITF. Never liked the HW series, the gameplay, I dunno, just didn't like it.

I guess I just got really mad at them again, I think the only way I could remain in any way not mad at them is to shelve my B5 ITF music, and in general, avoid anything that reminds me of it. Last few days I started listning to the ITF music again, and I guess it juse resurfaced alot of old feelings. As I told biggles, I would have paid over 100$ for the music alone, and frankly, I don't know how high I would go for the whole game.

I know its lost, and I know it's not ever going to bo released, I figured it was lost, so even thats not a surprise to me. I know that the people responcible for its cancelation are all long gone. To me, thats beside the point. I'm not hurting anyone by letting them know that in the past, they screwed up big time, and maybe it will serve as a little reminder not to do so again.

*sigh* :(
  • well, i heard today that HL2 was pushed back approx. another year b/c suz sumone hacked their systems, stole the scripts and they posted them online
    so anyone hoping fo the game will have to wait another year
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    not the scripts, but the entire engine and a good deal of other code.

Spring 2004.
  • A good deal meaning all the engine code and about 90% of the resources.

the good news is that is was from an earlier build, and quite incompleate. (We're talking before E3 version here) but there IS a playable beta out there, but of course it contained MAJOR spoilers and is quite incompleate.

some good news: It runs VERY well on lower end systems, acording to some screenies/talk before all those people were banned from the forums. :)

and yes, Spring 2004.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Come now... Do you even think the message is falling on the ears of those who had anything to do with it anymore?[/B][/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they'll probably sign your ass up for spam just to piss you off. ;)
  • A2597 ..
    yoU da MAaan !#

[img]http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/653.gif[/img][img]http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/653.gif[/img][img]http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/653.gif[/img]
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The circle...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chicky [/i]
    [B]Oh yeah... green is the colour of hope... :)

regards

Chicky [/B][/QUOTE]

There is no hope, not now, not ever. Can't remember which movie I stole that quote from and how much I changed it, but it is right.