Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5, Farscape, and MUCH MORE!

2»

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]
    On Enterprise, have been watching season 2 here in the UK. Its ok, nothing amazing. I thought maybe there would be something new, but nothing changes. They just use the same ST formula. Really is a missed oppertunity IMO.[/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed, I feel that Enterprise is good if you want some scifi that you dont have to take seriously and it doesnt matter if you miss an episode.

Worf
  • It's a shame Enterprise has such low ratings, its the best sci-fi show on TV currently, it's really good. They activly violate rules of trek and everything!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Saying it's the best scifi show on TV at the moment isn't saying much...

I think it had a lot of potential to be really good. The premier, particularly, had lots of new, un-Star Trek like stuff (like the start of a decent story arc). But it all went downhill so fast, with all the old Star Trek formulae returning (it only took 4 episodes for the holodeck to make an appearance!).
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Ok, I had a chance to watch Enterprise the other night, first time in a long time I had a hour to sit and watch it. As soon as the teaser scene came on and I saw the Old West, I had to change the channel. That is a been there, done that show for Star Trek, going all the way back to TOS. Dammit, can't they think of something new???

Jake
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Re: Babylon 5, Farscape, and MUCH MORE!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    In about a year we will have DVDs of eps 4,5,6. They have things added and changed AGAIN. Most of the changes I heard are good things, and they are bringing in content from 1,2,3.
    SPOILERS FOR CHANGES TO DVD(can we get a spoiler script installed?):
    (Select text to read clearly)

Some of the changes seem real good, such as the light saber effects will be done with cg and remove the frame jumping, white boxes around the ships. Jaba the Hut and Yoda will be given a CG makeover. This can turn out to be real good or real bad. A lot of the specific details I can't remember. However some of the more questionable things is when The world is destroyed in a New Hope, there will be a shot of yoda looking up to the sky with fear. In the Celebrations after the destruction of the empire, there will we a shot of Naboo with an aged Jar Jar. Yes, Jar Jar lives. The unmasked face of Darth will be replaced with the dude who played Anikan in Ep II and III. That whole talk will be expanded as well including adding the phrase "Rebuild the Jedi Order." It is thought this will forshadow the new TV series. We will see Lukes mom in the end scene witht he 3 other ghosts.
    [/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a South Park episode recently about directors going back and screwing with old movies. I mean to remaster and update FXs is not a big deal, but leave most the rest of it alone

[quote]
    This is NOT the last of Starwars. Talk are underway for both a live action and animated series. Also Lucas seems to be softening up to the idea of letting Spielburg doing 7,8, and 9.....
    [/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea at all, with Lucas's track record for the last two movies, compared to Speiblburgs movie making as of late, it could make for some really good film.

Jake
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I too happen to like the western feel of fire fly. It was like lemon in a glass of water.

Alien Vs Prediter is starting filming in a bout a week. I'll post the premis in a bit.
  • anybody know when the Farscape miniseries comes out?
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    to prove i am a geek, the thrawn trilogy took place 5 years after not 4. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]to prove i am a geek, the thrawn trilogy took place 5 years after not 4. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I know but it said Thrawn took control of the Empire a year before the book, so I am a bigger geek :D

Worf
  • huoh...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by StarfuryMan [/i]
    [B]anybody know when the Farscape miniseries comes out? [/B][/QUOTE]

Its just a strong rumour, nothing offical yet.

[URL=http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/article.php?newsid=461]Read this first..[/URL]

But these rumours are indeed very strong, we all know that something is happening. [b] BUT ITS NOT OFFICAL! [/b]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [quote]
    SO NEAR, SO FARSCAPE: Frellin' awesome!! As reported in next week's TV Guide magazine, the Jim Henson Company is producing a four-hour Farscape miniseries that will tie up the loose ends left dangling when the cult hit was prematurely axed last year by Sci Fi Channel. "It's an epic conclusion to the series," confides a source. The project — which will reunite leads Ben Browder and Claudia Black — will start shooting in December in Australia. Since the telefilm is unlikely to air on Sci Fi, word is it may be sold into syndication. So there!
    [/quote]

That sure doesn't sound like a rumor anymore. :D
    It's four hours, but sweet jesus, a whole freakin' four hours more!
  • Well yeah. I know that there is something happening, and these really are more than just rumours.. ;)

Frell, its great to have this show back.. one way or another. Though its not offical yet :p
    Nothing yet...

Worf
    BTW, star wars ep 3 will have a 25 min long lightsaber battle sequence.....
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]BTW, star wars ep 3 will have a 25 min long lightsaber battle sequence..... [/B][/QUOTE]

I assume the fight that ends up with Anakin requiring a metal suit to survive? I can picture that fight being fairly long.

(And I was nice enough to not spoil it for the 2.5 people who don't already know everything about that fight :p)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I assume the fight that ends up with Anakin requiring a metal suit to survive?[/B][/QUOTE]

Metal? Looked like plastic and latex to me... :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden
    I still think the lego version would be better.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    25 minute fight?

I hope I wont fall asleep like during Reloaded...
    It has light sabres, so it should be better. And I doubt it will have such a stupid gimick as more and more copies of the enemy appearing.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    But they got a teen girl as anakin. :(

Not that I'd have anything against teenaged girls, especially nude, but it's just... well.. He's not Anakin to me.

Just like that awful toddler from the episode 1.
    Fromwhat I have seen the acting is a lot better, and this space bar doesn't work. *tear* There is also going to be a fight between Yoda and ______, and there are two possible outcomes they may do.
  • Tony Schaloub should play Thrawn.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Actually, I think Tony Schaloub as Han Solo would be best :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Yay, good news most of it.

Also Star Wreck should soon be ready (soon as in 6 month I guess). :D