Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Question on systems....

Hi folks,

Looking for some more help on a couple of things I can't seem to figure out.

1. Pursuite Autopilot

I found the INI file that controls it in the main resource.zip, it's a CPU program for your ship. Ok, fine. The starfury has a grade 5 cpu. Shouldn't be a problem. I add a template line at the end of the entries in the starfury.ini file. This is how all the other systems are added, so I don't know what else to try. It doesn't work when you try it in game. I could not find any example of a ship that had this installed. So I'm at a dead end on that one.

2. Weapon Link Hardware

Presumably this should let you fire both/all of your primary weapons at once. As in, exactly what all the A.I. fighters and ships do. It's cool watching a whitestar fire all it's weapons together. I couldn't even locate an INI file that controls this one. I have no idea how to enable this feature. All I can find is it listed in the playersystems list as cargo_weaponlinkhardware or some such.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Re: Question on systems....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nightstorm [/i]
    [B]2. Weapon Link Hardware[/B][/QUOTE]In I-War 2 campaign there is module called weapon link, I know. With it you could select to fire either chain or salvo fire (with F key I think). But if I would have found ini for that I would be using it already ;). Best I can do is link weapons with script so you can fire all pulse weapons of same type with chain fire (they are in same weaponlist in-game and fire in turns). Without that script you would have to change through pulse weapons individually with change weapon key and you would be firing only one pulse in time, no sense doing that. Now you at least have all Whitestar pulses showing in same list. I hope that explanation is understandable, by weaponlist I mean the weapon names that show in left side of screen when you play.
  • Ok thanks for that information. I was thinking it might be something like that. Being able to chain fire them is certainly much better than the alternative. I presume the computer programs that give such things as the pursuite autopilot work in a similar fasion. Could you by any chance explain how to attach engine sound effects to a given ship? I.E. the whitestar's engines. I've been looking into that and have not found how that is accomplished either. I'm begining to think it might be handled in the Lightwave setup of that ship, though I don't see what the sound effect would have to do with the model. Again, any help would be great. Thank you.
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Pursuit autopilot should be doable if there is ini for it. I think it's autopilot_matchvel.ini found in I-War2\subsims\systems\player\programs. You got quite close in sound question. Engine sound is in ship's setup.lws which is in avatars\ship_name. Weapon sound is determined in weapon's setup.lws