Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Omega Patrol

Very nice work on the mission pack guys. I enjoyed playing it last night very much. Watching Shadow vessles carv up the competition was almost bone chilling :) I need to continue doing some testing, however in all three attempts to play the Omega Patrol mission, my game does a CTD (crash to desktop) right after I wipe out the Drahk fighters at the jumpgate. Not sure of the cause. I've also one personal request, would it be possible to obtain the code of that mission to enable primary weapons linking on the Tbolt? That is the only mission where you can only have a single primary per group. If not access to the code, could a modded version of that missions pkg file be posted? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Re: Omega Patrol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nightstorm [/i]
    [B]Very nice work on the mission pack guys. I enjoyed playing it last night very much. Watching Shadow vessles carv up the competition was almost bone chilling :) I need to continue doing some testing, however in all three attempts to play the Omega Patrol mission, my game does a CTD (crash to desktop) right after I wipe out the Drahk fighters at the jumpgate. Not sure of the cause. I've also one personal request, would it be possible to obtain the code of that mission to enable primary weapons linking on the Tbolt? That is the only mission where you can only have a single primary per group. If not access to the code, could a modded version of that missions pkg file be posted? Thanks a lot. [/B][/QUOTE] Thx for the report. We will have a look on it, also on the Weapon Linking.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Hmmm... Do the drakh forces that come through the gate immediately head for your command ship or do they just sit there? Is there a cruiser with them?
  • Yes the cruiser is present. I think I resolved the crash issue however. It seemed I was using an older version of the INI files for the Drahk ships. I've made it through three times now with no crash. What led me to that conclusion was that I would also get a crash when using the Drahk ships in the skirmish gen. So aside from not being able to use multiple priamry weapons in a group, it all seems fine.
  • Excellent work on the mission pack. I am really enjoying it. There is still a lot to explore but so far I am focussing on the omega patrol and seeing what it can do.

a couple of very small and picky things I've noticed.

1. Re: textures.
    the Heracles command ship is the Agamemnon. Is a texture change possible with the ships text or is it a headache to fix?

2. Re: Scripting/Objective conditions.
    I try and play games different to how designers expect and so with this, when I go to investigate the distress call after the first waypoint, I do a straffing run on the wall of enemy ships, take a couple out, then I chase the ones trying to flee to the asteroid field. Basically in reverse order. I destroy the two ships, then I'm told good work or something and to resume my patrol. Next I finish of the ships on my tail and then am told to go find the two fleeing ships. Already dead, but just incase I go to the field, clear all asteroids to be sure and I'm left with the Objective List still telling me that I need to find those two ships. Not going to happen. Perhaps further scripting conditions could be added to include this approach.

Anyway, it's a great mission and I look forward to fully exploring the rest of the pack.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sraschle [/i]
    [B]1. Re: textures.
    the Heracles command ship is the Agamemnon. Is a texture change possible with the ships text or is it a headache to fix?

2. Re: Scripting/Objective conditions.
    I try and play games different to how designers expect [/B][/QUOTE]1st: That won't be that circumstantial, but it won't be included in this ship pack due to economical reasons (it requires changing of both the Mission Collection file and the Ship Pack). However, registered for the next time.

2nd: I see, an enemy of every designer ;) :D . Btw, I'm the same player type.
    But we simply aren't be able to test out every degree of freedom since our RealLife(tm). Thx for the hint.