Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame OFFICIAL THREAD

Comments

• [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by surgecaller [/i]
    [B]Well that suycks, i was thinking it was a new game altogether like with a story n stuff lol.[/B][/QUOTE]
    No, but so you can enjoy the models very good ;) .
    The next release will be the remake of the X-Mas Collection with small scenarios and battles.

Nevertheless, we're planning to do something with a story.
  • Very cool :p I look forward to more scenariors/stories. Keep up the good work
  • To Buda 5 team:

Excellent work on the B5 ships/weapons/mods. Havent gotten ingame done (will have a go about that in a second) but i am sure its worth the BS to get it.

As for Defiant, nice sentiment but poor choice of execution. Bit is only viable if everyone who downloads leaves the program runnin, 99% of people on the net are leechers, and you can limit/cut off the bandwidth through BT so you downlaod but never upload. Overnet is the same problem. Fileplaent, Fileshack or Filefront are better options, yuo may have wait times but downlaods arent dependent on a users good faith, good faith on the net doesnt exist by and large it seems these days.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkestVorlon [/i]
    [B]Fileplaent, Fileshack or Filefront are better options, yuo may have wait times but downlaods arent dependent on a users good faith, good faith on the net doesnt exist by and large it seems these days. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Thx for the compliments and the hint. We've never done that be4 so at least I didn't know that we can rely on Fileplanet and similar for our purposes.
  • BT worked like a charm for me, both for InGame and for every Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex episode I leeched so far. Just like news, works great if lots of ppl download at the same time.

You're right anyway: for "lasting" downloads, fileshack et al is the way to go. BT won't work 3 weeks from a release date.
  • Most mods these days are using filefront/fileplanet for hosting, really reliable and while it can be frustrating waiting for a while, this release with the demand would have ended up in atleast a 2 hour non-subscriber wait, but the downlaods when ready are fast( 204 mb can usualy be downlaoded by cable users in around 30 min max) and rarely corrupt, filefront is better since they do support resumable downlaods.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkestVorlon [/i]
    [B]filefront is better since they do support resumable downlaods. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Recently I registered at FileFront but there Upload service isn't working since a while. I give Fileplanet a try later.
  • I had read somewhere they were gonna update thier system, guess they went ahead and started the update hehe. Hopefully you guys can get a fileplanet mirror soon, I had the downlaod corrupt through bit and had to start over at .5 kb/s :angryv:
  • If you are careful to NOT delete the corrupt file, and restart the download selecting the corrupt, downloaded file as destination, then Bit will scan for bad pieces and will download those alone - meanwhile uploading the OK parts you already have for the benefit of other people. You can't (to the best of my knowledge) do that with Fileplanet et al!

Incidentally, if people substantially reduce their upload rate then other BitTorrent peer clients will automatically refuse to send them data - a process known as "snubbing". Only seeders will send them data, which will slow the greedy person's download substantially.
  • Ive never seen any mention of Bit workin that way, only mention was that if people dont upload the downlaods will be crappy due to the lack of peer downloads of a file.

The corrupt file had a IO error that bit couldnt overcome sadly, otherwise I would have just let it attempt to retrive non-corrupted parts of the file then continue as normal.

granted, Fileplanet doesnt support resumable downloads they do have fairly fast servers. FileFront DOES support resumable downloads, Im not sure about FileShack.
  • strange....

hey fellas - first of all let me thank you again for all the effort you all have put into this - very impressive!
    i am experiencing some technical difficulties which i'm sure have a very easy fix, however the solution is evading me at the moment. i went ahead and installed a new copy of EOC as recommended and put it in its own Buda5 directory. i made sure to install the In-Game mod to the same directory, started it up, and everything seemed fine on the surface. the startup window, music, and in-game menu were all new. however, once i started a new game none of the ships or music were changed - all original. the same was true for instant action. i eventually noticed that the "extras" button isn't even displayed. moreover, i get the same results when i run the modded copy and (to my surprise) the original game. i've tried reinstalling twice and have been all through the forum and readme for an answer to no avail. any ideas? thanks in advance

[QUOTE]You rarely regret what you do - you only regret what you don't do.....[/QUOTE]
  • yes, you didn't patch EOC before you installed ingame :). EOC must be patched to version 14.6 for ANY mod to work, hence the missing EXTRAS button. :)
  • DOH!!! *hand smacks forehead* yeah i figured it was something obvious like that. it's working beautifully now. it looks truly amazing! thanks a ton for the help. you've given me a reason to play through the whole game again. very professional job! thanks again!
  • Bit Torrent seeders needed

Could someone seed the InGame file on Bit Torrent again? I have been on 97% for most of the day, and it seems that I'm not the only one interested in the file, as upload rates go up at times. Of course if someone would like to host the file directly that would work too...

Thanks.
  • You wish is my command: Seeded, though only at 64K
  • NOW is the time to start downloading - there are SEVEN seeders all online at the moment! :eek:
  • Softweir: Extremely much thank you. Hopefully I can repay this someday...
  • You are most welcome!
  • [b]NEWS UPDATE: Look to the top of this thread.[/b]

Buda 5 Ingame now available through normal downloading means. Check the InGame downloads page for a link.
  • Whats the news on the new skirmish generator and everything else?
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    "Soon." :D

Well, lets just say that Roi is making a few finishing touches and then its out. So it is quite soon - honest. ;)
  • Mirrors

Just a quick question, why are there no direct downloads for buda5? trying to download it now using bit torrent, but getting nowhere. when/if I get it downloaded I would be happy to host it on my site. :)

[color=orange] [SIZE=1]NOTE - Thread merged by LogicSequence[/SIZE][/color]
  • Re: Mirrors

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OrionSunstar [/i]
    [B]Just a quick question, why are there no direct downloads for buda5? trying to download it now using bit torrent, but getting nowhere. when/if I get it downloaded I would be happy to host it on my site. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

i'm not quite sure what you mean by direct downloads? have you been to the main website? all the downloads are from the firstones.com server... OUR server. that's pretty much as direct as you can get. If your asking why bit torrent was implemented for InGame, read the note on the InGame Downloads page, it tells u why. And even it is open for normal download NOW. all the links are on the site.
  • Re: Mirrors

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]i'm not quite sure what you mean by direct downloads? [/B][/QUOTE]

I suspect what he means is the bittorrent software appears to be doing nothing. I've noticed the same thing for a few days now. I'm sitting at 88%, with 0 upload or download activity. Does the BT system start automatically on your server, or does it have to be queued up first? (presuming no-one else is offering it.)

:robot:
    (hmmmm. Mecha-Smiley! Gotta grab this one... :) )
  • That's odd, [I]something[/I] ought to have been happening!

The BitTorrent system doesn't queue people up. So long as there is a seeder available, then your BT client ought to be grabbing pieces of the download. (The seeder is equivalent to the server for normal downloads.) If there are more than one person downloading, then they grab bits at random and make them available to other downloaders. Thatw ay the Seedre doesn't have to support the download bandwidth of several Leechers at once.

It may be there wasn't a seeder available, though there does [I]seem[/I] to have been one constantly online. However, I have been checking to se if there are any peeps trying to download over the weekend, and not seen any. Maybe the Tracker has got confused...

Go to [url]http://tracker.radiusco.com/[/url] to check on the number of Seeders and Leechers (downloaders, aka Peers) online.

I'll seed the file for a few hours tonight again. Maybe that will help.
  • i must have missed the addition of the direct download link to the page as i started downloading a few days before, but i didnt seem to be getting much from bittorrent. Thanks for the info :)

cant wait :D

P.S.

I will also mirror it from my site if you wish?
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Any mirrors would help. The mission collection is downloading nicely at 20K/s for now, but I suspect Firstones may once again grind to a halt once the word spreads.
  • Problems Problems

I just can`t get the install to work on my machine after downloading, I get a complaint "Setup was unable to upgrade the Windows Installer" (Title of this poopup box is "Windows Installer Installation Wrapper") I`m using windows ME and that could be making the difference - the Game itself is a fresh install patched up to 14.6 and has the mission pack in the mods folder but the In-Game setup comes up with this error - I downloaded the complete file using broadband as a direct link because the Torrent file doesn`t latch on - Ideas?

Thanks Zol.
  • Stil having problems installing the In-Game Package

After going through the forum here I think my problem maybe related to the fact I am using the European Version of I-War2 - Is the Installer available as seperate files or is there a fix - renaming the directories doesn`t work either

../Edge of Chaos - Independence War 2/ (UK)
    ../Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos/ (US)

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM ??

Thanks, Zol.
  • It sounds more like a problem with Windows ME, I'm using the UK version of IOC without any problems.

I had a look on the microsoft website and found a version of the Windows 2000 installer for ME and others, that *may*, for all I know, solve your problem. Go to [url]www.microsoft.com,[/url] enter "installer ME" into the search box and hit "Go", then click on to the "Download details: Windows Installer 2.0 Redistributable for Windows 95, 98, and Me".

However, I'd do a backup first. Go on, do it, you know you're badly overdue for a backup! :P