Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Hold The Line Updates

Just an update.

We are nearly done out second release, I just have to model 3 more ships, I"m hoping today I can have a good solid 4 or 5 hours alone with max to get that done, then it can get sent out for testing.

Other then that all the other issues have been fixed.

Here is a current list of known issues

Babylon 5 : Hold The Line For Star Shatter
Known Issues

Patches will be released when all the current know issues are solved.

A list of current Issues.

1. This mod will no longer work correctly with the Demo version of Starshatter, most ships will work but you will have crashes and problems with certain ships such as the Hyperion.

2. Still some issues with turrets have resulted us in freezing them on all but the most needed areas. This is slowly being resolved, however we have not totally tracked this problem down, some ships have 10 turrets with no slowdown, while others chug with 4.

3. A.I. seems to have problems landing, if you are controlling the carrier don't move it when ships come into land, its still touchy either way.

4. In order to use external weapons you MUST have them specified in the mission first, then you can change the load out just before you start the mission.

5. The Following ships are on hold for the first patch.

Orpheus
EA Explorer

Also.

It should be noted that these plans are for Commercial Starshatter, even if Milo releases the info to create the entire universe and campaigns like we want we wont be releasing those until the Commercial Starshatter is out.

The purpose of this mod is to support Starshatter while bringing in B5 goodness, not to allow people to download a demo of Starshatter and be able to get all its features for free. While this mod is, and always be a totally 100% free user produced mod, Starshatter is not.

1. Completion of the Fleets for each race, this will be an ongoing project for probably as long as the mod is in production. If you feel you have what it takes to model and texture for this mod, or wish to contribute ships let us know, you will receive full credit.

2. Dynamic Campaigns, these are waiting on three things, the info from Milo, free time to allow us to do it, the commercial release of Starshatter.

3. Babylon 5 Planetary missions, on canon and semi-canon planets, these are already planned, and most of the models for planets, star systems, cities, bases, tanks, air fighters, and so on are done, however, since this will play a MAJOR part in the Babylon 5 universe creation these will be held until Starshatter is complete, we may post screens, but they will never be released for the demo version of starshatter.

4. Creation of the Babylon 5 universe, this has already been planned, like the previous point nearly all the models, textures, cities, and so on are done, as is a large part of the planning of where each goes, however, don't expect this until Starshatter is complete. You will be able to have missions anywhere, in the B5 universe, or plan huge campaigns that span multiply systems, even empires.

5. Scripted Campaigns, we have a few planned, and with enough free time we will get them finished, we are also looking for outside people to join up and help if they want.

And of course, here are some screens:)

[url]http://www.members.shaw.ca/holdtheline/ScreenShots/sept7/A11.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.members.shaw.ca/BScreens/sept10/A1.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.members.shaw.ca/BScreens/sept10/A9.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.members.shaw.ca/BScreens/sept10/A15.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.members.shaw.ca/BScreens/sept10/A25.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.members.shaw.ca/damoclesx/A3.jpg[/url]
Thats the omega launch bay.

More at our site, link is in my sig, just thought I should update you guys.

Comments

• October 01, 2003
    Well it has been a while, this month has been very busy for everybody, fortunately, there has been some progress on the Babylon 5 mod. But first things first.
    We are nearing a final hosting solution for Starshatter Central, hopefully it will be sorted out in the next couple of weeks, so if the site goes down don't worry, it just means we are moving it.
    Also Starshatter itself is getting closer and closer to the final release version, milo is working right no on the next beta version, and after that baby there is a possibility of going gold.

We are releasing Hold the Line V301 for the general public. It has been a beta for a bit and no show stopping errors have come up. This will be our last release until Starshatter goes gold. We are going to concentrate on fixing anything that comes up with this release, and many of the other features that are planned for the gold release. Including bugging milo for information

BAbylon 5 : Hold The Line For Star Shatter
    Installing

Installation Instructions, follow these exactly, we are very reluctant to answer questions about how to install the mod or errors that come up because these instructions are not followed.

1. Download the mod and unzip it into your Starshatter Root directory, what this means is the .DAT file and Music DIR should be in the same DIR as your Stars.exe file. You only have to worry about the Music dir if you downloaded the music add-on.

2. There must be -NO- other mods installed at the time you install this mod, in addition you must not have a mod directory. This mod is not compatible with any other mods and we cannot trouble shoot issues that come up because of combining this mod with your own work or another mod.

3. Start up Starshatter, depending on your version you either have to use the options screen or the mission screen to enable the mod.

4. Quit Starshatter.

5. Start Starshatter again and wait, on slower systems it could take up to 15 minutes to load, this only happens in the demo, the beta version has this problem fixed.

6. Once it loads you are ready to roll.

Note, its not longer 100% compatible with the demo of SS, I believe having the demo load a 550 meg data file(uncompressed) it dumping it out due to lack of system resources, but since I'm wrong a lot it could be something else.

Known Issues

Patches will be released when all the current know issues are solved.

A list of current Issues.

1. This mod will no longer work correctly with the Demo version of Starshatter, most ships will work but you will have crashes and problems with certain ships such as the Hyperion.

2. Still some issues with turrets have resulted us in freezing them on all but the most needed areas. This is slowly being resolved, however we have not totally tracked this problem down, some ships have 10 turrets with no slowdown, while others chug with 4.

3. A. I. seems to have problems landing, if you are controlling the carrier don't move it when ships come into land, its still touchy either way.

4. In order to use external weapons you MUST have them specified in the mission first, then you can change the load out just before you start the mission.

5. The Raider Campaign is not finished, no time anymore to do this, I will slowly work on it.

6. The Following Models have been cut from this release.

Orpheus
    EA Explorer
    NovaGamma/Plasma Assault Model
    Minbari Sharlin

Here is the download link

[url]http://mods.firstones.com/holdtheline/-Downloads-/[/url]

You don't need to download the missions or music if you don't want to use them
  • Oh my god, the Screenies looks fabulous!
    If the gameplay has the same quality so the realistic physics won't be that annoying - I'm not very excited from the StarShatter physics b/c if I want absolute realism I can play a Flightsimulation - this will be a great project.

Nice work Damocles!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roi Danton [/i]
    [B]If the gameplay has the same quality so the realistic physics won't be that annoying - I'm not very excited from the StarShatter physics b/c if I want absolute realism I can play a Flightsimulation - this will be a great project.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but Starshatter includes three different physics models ranging from semi-realistic to arcade style, so hopefully you can find a setting you like. Are you asking for [i]more[/i] realism or [i]less[/i] compared to Starshatter's "standard" model?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by milod [/i]
    [B]I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but Starshatter includes three different physics models ranging from semi-realistic to arcade style, so hopefully you can find a setting you like. Are you asking for [i]more[/i] realism or [i]less[/i] compared to Starshatter's "standard" model? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Hm, I didn't realized that (played the Starshatter Demo w/ Update). I was asking for a [i]less[/i] realistic model ... easier to control. Other way is to decrease the difficulty of the missions.
    The reason is that I do not want to effort too much time into learning the control be4 I can enjoy the game. For example the control of I-War 2 was enough for me.

... well, it's only my opinion. Of course your design depends on the kind of people you wanna see playing your mod. But for a general SciFi Fan like me who played X-Wing or I-War 2 the Starshatter ship control needs too much time to learn.
  • thanks man:) I try with the models hehe, I"m the only modeler/texture person on this project so it eats up quite a bit of time.

We have found it does not work very well if all with the demo of SS, to many things loading, it works find with the beta

as for physics, yes you can relax them, you might have problems with fuel, I never tested the fuel with relaxed physics, you might run out really fast, I will add that to the list of things that need testing:)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DamoclesX [/i]
    [B]thanks man:)[/B][/QUOTE]np :)

[QUOTE][b]We have found it does not work very well if all with the demo of SS, to many things loading, it works find with the beta[/B][/QUOTE]Hm, to get the Beta I have to register myself there as Beta Tester, but I've no time to write issue reports. So I don't have the Beta.
  • Update

I guess it does work in the demo version of SS

more info soon

The mod is pretty much in hibernation now, I dont have the time to devote to it with my eng course and real life.

IT wont go away, but dont expect any updates until either

A. Starshatter goes gold / new beta

or

B. Milo sends me the info to finish the total conversions we started

other then that I cant justify spending any major time on it for a LEAST a couple of months.

Heck, I dont even have 3dmax5 on my system anymore, my models directory has been compressed into a 1.2 gig blob lol

Ah class.. the ruiner of lives.. oh well, only 6 more months till I"m making more money then god.. have to keep saying that over... or i"l gonna go insane... must... not....snap...

*SNAP*

:robot:
    must... destroy... mankind

lol
  • ... hopefully the HtL story continues when you've bought your own island after the 6 months ;) ....