Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Help with weapons in ship ini.....

Hello folks,

Here is what I'm trying to do: I've combined the old files from the XMAS skirmish gen with the new releases. I've copied the data from the new ship ini files (thunderbolt.ini and storm_petrel_prefitted.ini) into the old ea_thunderbolt.ini The older file is called in the skirmish gen. I have had no problems until this one issue came up. On the thunderbolt in the skirmish it will have four pulse cannons but in four seperate groups. They do not cycle and I have to manually change primary weapons to access them. However, the whitestar and starfury both have similar weapons setups, I.E. more than one of the same named weapon as primary weapons, and they all show up together and cycle. I am at a loss as to why the Tbolt wont do this too. I can compensate by simply making the tbolt's pulse cannon more powerfull/faster in skirmish, but I would prefer to have it work as it does in Instant action. As I stated there are at least two more examples of this same thing working in both Instant Action and Skirmish Gen, the Whitestar and Starfury. Any one have a clue? Is there a way I can make this work? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

Comments

• Welcome abroad Nightstorm.

For your issue I have no non-scripting solution b/c I'm no Buda5 weapon guy. Maybe another uncleared behaviour of the Flux engine that the Weapon Link only works in Instant action.
    But if you have a little patience you won't need to experiment any more to get the new Thunderbold working with Skirmish ... ;) .
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Well. Problem is that you use Skirmish from XMas collection. At that time TBolt had one pulse weapon so it's not weaponlinked in old Skirmish.
  • Ok, thanks. I can stop beating my head against the keyboard now :) "It cannot be done yet. Shut up and wait for the next skirmish." Got it. :)
  • On another note, if anyone is interested I have starfury wing art available for several varriants. At present, I can only use one type at a time, and I suspect that you would have to have a different starfury for each wingart you wanted in the available ships list. But if anyone wants them, let me know.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nightstorm [/i]
    [B]On another note, if anyone is interested I have starfury wing art available for several varriants. At present, I can only use one type at a time, and I suspect that you would have to have a different starfury for each wingart you wanted in the available ships list. But if anyone wants them, let me know. [/B][/QUOTE]

Could you post some samples?
  • Yea, I'll see what I can come up with. They are nice quality. For anyone interested, the source code was included with the skirmish mission in the XMAS pack. I was able to add the lines to enable weapon grouping on the Tbolt and recompile. It works fine now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nightstorm [/i]
    [B]For anyone interested, the source code was included with the skirmish mission in the XMAS pack.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Like I intended :) .
    [quote][b] I was able to add the lines to enable weapon grouping on the Tbolt and recompile. It works fine now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Oh, so you've got more than a little bit knowledge of scripting ... have you made own scripts/missions?
  • I have for the first version of Buda5. I was on the team for a while doing some minor things. I made some missions, some so complex that they crashed the game :) I made a version of Severed Dreams that was fun hehe. But I have not done any scripting for this version. This was my first foray into the code at all. I just saw the section that controlled it and put in the required lines to do what I wanted. But if you think I could be of help, let me know.
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nightstorm [/i]
    [B]I made some missions, some so complex that they crashed the game :) [/B][/QUOTE]Hey I can crash this game too, in many different ways :D.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlord II [/i]
    [B]Hey I can crash this game too, in many different ways :D. [/B][/QUOTE]

I managed a while ago to make textpad open a new document everytime I compiled a script...don't ask how cause I have no idea:D