Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

NEWS: JMS and Jerry Doyle duke it out, Texas style!

samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
Ok, not really. But here's the deal, from the FO front page:

[quote]A couple of weeks ago, IGN Filmforce interviewed Jerry Doyle on his efforts to revive Babylon 5.

Soon after the interview was posted, JMS responded to Jerry's claims via Usenet.

IGN Filmforce then contacted Jerry and interviewed him again, this time in reference to JMS' response.

Not one to be misinterpreted, JMS responded againvia a message sent to IGN Filmforce.

It will be interesting to see if Jerry can do what he's planning. We'll post news of any updates.[/quote]

Comments

• Somebody is NOT a happy camper.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    DEATH MATCH!!! DEATH MATCH!!! DEATH MATCH!!! DEATH MATCH!!! MUST BE SETTLED VIA DEATH MATCH!!!

Also has anyone been to the ign homepage lately?

who feels like a mcgriddle now!
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
  • SiderealSidereal Earthforce Officer
    Certainly thought provoking...
  • [i]"F*** Joe and his typical controlling bull****."[/i]

Damn! :eek:

Regards,
    Morden
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's a pity to see Jerry getting so upset.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]It's a pity to see Jerry getting so upset. [/B][/QUOTE]

Must be the Garibaldi in him. ;) *Imagines the infamous "Night Watch scene" from Point of no Return*

Regards,
    Morden
  • Only a comment hehehe...

In the interview JMS said :

[b] ...I've worked with the online community for ten years now... [/b]

Is this Firstones ??? Or another ??? Or who, or where ???

with best Regards

Chicky
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    He's talking about the B5 moderated newsgroup, the occasional AOL chat, GEnie, Compuserve, Prodigy... but mostly the newsgroup.

See [url]http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/b5jms/[/url] and [url]http://www.jmsnews.com/[/url] for details.
  • This almost makes me cry. :( I think Jerry was wayyyyy outta line but hes entitled to his opinion. I hope they can sort out this situation. Even if the show doesn't come back why the hell should there be bad blood between them? :(
  • personally i think jerry (perhaps other cast members, i don't know who all is involved) is upset because he hasn't had the amount of work after babylon 5 that he envisioned or desired. and it's no secret they enjoyed working on babylon 5... i think he's just about sour for the good ole days. which is... understandable i guess... everyone can think of a time when u've wanted to go back to the good ole days... but i think he's making an ass of himself in the process. and i doubt for one minute any b5 reincarnation without jms at the helm would fail miserably. and joe has a right to be a controling ***** he created the damn show. if he wasn't so controling b5 would never have been done right. I think, at least at this point, all this jerry getting b5 back stuff is... wishful thinking.
  • i gotta wonder did somebody at firstones trigger this? hmm? MAYBE its the administration hard at work scheming again or who who could it be ? scapegoat anyone?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]personally i think jerry (perhaps other cast members, i don't know who all is involved) is upset because he hasn't had the amount of work after babylon 5 that he envisioned or desired. and it's no secret they enjoyed working on babylon 5... i think he's just about sour for the good ole days. which is... understandable i guess... everyone can think of a time when u've wanted to go back to the good ole days... but i think he's making an ass of himself in the process. and i doubt for one minute any b5 reincarnation without jms at the helm would fail miserably. and joe has a right to be a controling ***** he created the damn show. if he wasn't so controling b5 would never have been done right. I think, at least at this point, all this jerry getting b5 back stuff is... wishful thinking. [/B][/QUOTE]

brace yourself LogicSequence...

I compleatly agree with you here.
  • Interesting,I dont think we have heard the last of this.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yep, LogicSequence I agree 100% aswell. I find it strange that only Jerry has piped up with this... what about the rest of the cast? I know JMS said that Bruce was a bit upset when the show ended and he really wanted to keep it going, but he had to accept the fact that it was done and moved on. I can understand Jerry wanting to get back into a tv series again, the job security on a long standing series must be great and judging from the bloopers they all had fun doing it. I think Jerry has shown a lack of professionalism by shooting off about this openly on the web when he should really have discussed it with JMS and Doug Netter face to face, or if not that at least by email.

Hope this gets sorted out, because if there is a chance something is going on, bad press certainly won't help!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Those thoughts came to me when I was reading his comments as well. He's dissapointed that B5 didn't go on probably that he didn't get as much work after as he would have liked.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I think Jerry has shown a lack of professionalism by shooting off about this openly on the web when he should really have discussed it with JMS and Doug Netter face to face, or if not that at least by email.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Meeting Jerry Doyle face-to-face you realize immediately why his character in the B5 series was so easy for him to do...

;) :p
    Indeed! ;)

Seems he likes 'bustin'' some heads ;)

'Me make a scene? What are you nuts?' :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Well Jerry probably has reasons for being upset, I know I can get really angry when my statements are questioned. On the other hand JMS has his reasons too. JMS didnt sound angry in his reply though, just sad that Jerry didnt come to him first, so hopefully they can work things out.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]'Me make a scene? What are you nuts?' :D [/B][/QUOTE]

"Is this the way you want it, Joe!? Huh? Is it!?" :D

Regards,
    Morden
    You know...

After reading all that stuff between both...

A flood of memories and emotions about B5:Itf and the team I was on came out...

*sniff*

I can see both sides... Which is a wierd place to look at things from...

:rolleyes:
  • heh, I remember a few years back, I was able to see both sides of my parents arguments, highly entertaining...

of course, now my dads always make sence...figs.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]brace yourself LogicSequence...

I compleatly agree with you here. [/B][/QUOTE]

MY... GOD!!!... EYES... MELTING!..... END.... OF THE WORLD.... APPROACHES!... AHH NOOOO!

:p

Tho i do think nothing will come of all this... "it's always hard when your children fight..." it's hard seeing the "happy" b5 family embroiled in sibling rivelry... lol
    I think this is the time to call for a Babylon 5 Celebrity Death Match!

I propose a tag team of JMS with Doug Netter V Jerry with Talia

:D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I think this is the time to call for a Babylon 5 Celebrity Death Match!

I propose a tag team of JMS with Doug Netter V Jerry with Talia[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! With Stone Cold Steve Austin as co-commentator, no doubt!

Regards,
    Morden
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Wow......

Knowing Fox, they'll try to make a special out of it. :) "When Jerry ATTACKS!" :D
    Heee ;)

Yeah I can just see Doug Netter whacking Jerry across the head with one of those chairs! :D And JMS following up with the dustbin :D :p
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]You know...

After reading all that stuff between both...

A flood of memories and emotions about B5:Itf and the team I was on came out...

*sniff*

I can see both sides... Which is a wierd place to look at things from...

:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

I've talked to Jerry a few times, and he IS garibaldi, Thats just who he is, But to be honest, Yeah, Jerry should prolly not have said things, But JMS IS controlling, he always has been, Just ask the few cast members who left, it was JMS's way, or the highway.

so persinally, rather than saying they are both right, i prefer to say that they are both Wrong.
  • JMS always seems to come off as a prick.

I've read too many articles from the actors on the show and too many of his usenet posts too ever think diffrently.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]I've talked to Jerry a few times, and he IS garibaldi, Thats just who he is... [/B][/QUOTE]

The last time I talked to Jerry, we (some of the Devs for ITF) were at a Cocktail party that Sierra threw for the soon to be out of work actors and all, showing off the demo you guys got jipped outa getting a crack at flying.

He (Jerry) was in his pilot persona at that point... it was [b][i]SO COOL[/i][/b] to see this guy we all looked up too, saying "holy $#!+", and "ah phucks" every few seconds playing the demo, and turn to us all with that look in his eyes...

Hell, they all were giving us kudos for it, even Ron Thorton... at which point my knees just about gave out from the high I was on (no not the Jack and Coke)! :D

John Walker can back me up on this... ;)

Fuck I miss those days...
    :alien: