Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame Mod

13»

Comments

• Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    You're right about that we need something for the audience. The replacement of the stations is great :) .
    To the Gizmo, I got no new information how to install and use it properly. Maybe copy it in the \Plugins\Layout folder and enable it from Lightwave itself could work? Also he meant it worked for v5.6 and is not sure if it will also do with v7.
    Or has anyone seen Simon "somewhere" ?
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    just a few updates be4 i go to bed :) (as u can see i've still not finished the glow textures, but almost done)

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/ring_base_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/ring_base_2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/ring_base_3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/ring_base_4.jpg[/IMG]
    quicky update.. she's 95% done, still needs a few tweaks.. but i have it all ingame (in ingame) as well as the narn base. so now all the stations are replaced too... GEESH SOMEONE STOP ME BE4 I ADD SOMETHING ELSE! LOL IT'LL NEVER GET RELEASED!... anyways, screenie:

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/ringbase_1.jpg[/IMG]
    awww come on! no opinions!? sheesh...
  • shee's beautiful :)
    but I want to wait until I see her ingame
    currently I see nothing that I could criticize so I let my mouth shut
  • MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B] morte, i know i had asked if u could do it, but i didn't expect to get the "blueprints" in time for ingame... and since i am fairely confident i can do it in... a night, maybe 2... i'm just gonna get to it so we don't delay ingame more than is necessary... [/B][/QUOTE]
    Pfah :P It's looking good, but as Roi said I won't really know until I see it in game. Just out of interest, where did you get the mesh from?
    the hi poly i used as reference was a MAX convert i got from beyond babylon. i don't know who origionally did it... aside from the main ring.... the entire center section was.. well... kinda wrong.. so i ended up having to do all of that myself. (it origionally didn't have a docking bay in the center, just a big block looking thing)
    i shall upload BETA v2.0 when i go to bed. this should be the final beta.. those of u beta testing need not start over again! just continue where u left off.. and all of u that are testing, thanx!
    alrighty, i'm uploading beta v2.0 as i type... it's gonna take 2.5 hours. so that means... don't try and download it until 7:00pm (19:00) (1900 hours) GMT. (giving it pleanty of time to account for variations in upload speed)

Ok... GULP... u guys don't hit me ok!?!? but it's.. GULP... 199mb..... GULP... (i'm gonna try to get that number down of course)

the noteworthy changes include:

the core update, duh.. including stations, etc...

the inclusion of a new .exe file to start edge of chaos, a link to which will be made in a Buda 5 folder in program files.

new music

other stuff... lol

if you get an error during install, click ignore as many times as necessary.

you can download [b][URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/25462128/Buda5InGame_Setup.exe]Buda 5 InGame BETA v2.0 HERE[/URL] [/b].

i'd like to release ingame soon (within a week or 2).
    has anyone had trouble with the download/install? it gave me a few problems once or twice.
    ok guys... as the return of school approaches for me... the time i have to spend making ready InGame decreases... so i'd like to get it out be4 i return to school on august 24th. so how is the beta testing going? indie, how far have you gotten in the campaign? anyways, just a quickie update would be great guys :)
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    So far no major bugs. The problems I've had are more gameplay issues.

-there is the bug about Jafs freighter I mention in e-mail. The jafs freighter is still using SNRV docking points so the containers attach in a wrong way.

-the buda5 fighter problem(tm) is, of course, present: the fighters are very, very hard to hit (and see). And hence, its very time consuming to make progress.

-balancing. For now, player capships seem invincible. Perhaps its intentional?

-omega-x beam turrets don't do enough damage, IMO.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Indie [/i]
    [B]So far no major bugs. The problems I've had are more gameplay issues.

-there is the bug about Jafs freighter I mention in e-mail. The jafs freighter is still using SNRV docking points so the containers attach in a wrong way.

-the buda5 fighter problem(tm) is, of course, present: the fighters are very, very hard to hit (and see). And hence, its very time consuming to make progress.

-balancing. For now, player capships seem invincible. Perhaps its intentional?

-omega-x beam turrets don't do enough damage, IMO. [/B][/QUOTE]

The Jafs problem is mentioned in the ReadMe file.. unfortunately, the simsetup for his freighter is hardcoded... :(

yes i know the fighter problem.. i've worked in a few things since the last posted version that help A LITTLE. (namely i made the weapons bolts Longer in the ini files, this gives flux a longer strike area for the bolt, thus increasing the chance of hitting a fighter)

The player ships WERE nearly invincible, it's simply better that way for testing, u don't wanna get blown up be4 you go to Blah Blah and see if Blah Blah is working. All the player ships have since been balanced. those versions will be in the final release.

I'll look into the omega-x beams, perhaps i scaled the damage wrong... i've kinda worked out a scale of what kinda of weapons do what number of hit point damage, same for hulls and armour (i can post it if you like).

----------------------------------

On a seperate note: i spent the last 12 hours re-doing the whitester... it's now version 4548559.0. LOL, no really, v3.0. i just re-did the textures to be more canon (similar to iwar1 textures), i also reworked the weapons and i think got them kick ass looking finally. no more christmass tree lights.

Also, my dear friends, you now have a choice be4 u. :) there are 3 versions of the whitestar 3.0. Standard, Standard + babylon 5 Sheild logo, and Standard + Buda 5 Logo. the standard will be released to all, however, depending on which you pick, the Babylon 5 Sheild version, or Buda 5 logo version, will be a special release for Buda5 personnel only ;) just a little treat for us. No one else will get them, only Buda5 guys :) so u get to decide, do u want the B5 Sheild version for us, or the Buda5 logo version?

My personal whitestar will have both... but no one gets that one but me :shadow2: hehehehe

Anyways, THIS IS THE LAST THING I'M DOING FOR INGAME! LOL... i'll release the individual whitestar v3.0 after ingame... InGame is next.... so if u all are giving thumbs up... i'll make a Final release, post it for u guys to see for a day, and then let the general public have at it :)
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    [B]The Jafs problem is mentioned in the ReadMe file.. unfortunately, the simsetup for his freighter is hardcoded... :(
    [/B][/QUOTE]

That can't be right. There are several mods that change the jafs freighter to other ships. I used to have a megafreighter mod which had something like 60+ docking points. This is what is in the flux.ini:

jafs_ship = ini:/sims/ships/utility/freighter

What happens if you replace the setup scene path within that file with path to the freighter setup scene?
    i dunno, i didn't know it was coded in flux.ini... i'll look at it and let u know.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    I mean - just replace sims/ships/utility/freighter.ini with the Buda5 freighter. Preferrably 8-pod since its the biggest. Wouldn't that work?
    12-pod is the biggest :)

EDIT:
    after a little research i found this... u have to use the custom jaffs mod released by particle Systems... it's a pakage file... so i'll have to include that with ingame... that mod, adds a new line to flux.ini that allows you to tell EOC what ship u want jaffs to use...
    i've had several requests via email to put InGame on a CD, available for snail mail. Most offers have been around $10. It seems this may be a viable option for those not having a high speed connection.

Legal department: is this viable? i'd assume it is if we don't take any profit from the endevour. charge only for the CD, shipping, and handling.
  • wow :o

[B]Legal department: is this viable? i'd assume it is if we don't take any profit from the endevour. charge only for the CD, shipping, and handling. [/B][/QUOTE]
    I think it's viable when we take no profit. But then the price depends on where you ship the CD to. And how you wanna make the money transfer. Credit Card?
    i dunno, we could perhaps set up a paypal account.... we could also except donations there... (which i think would be ok b/c people are receiving NO service / product for a donation)
    as usual it's crunch time for me... i've been working all nite getting ingame ready.... it's 99.5% done. re-rendering a few vids.. and that should be it... if anyones got something to say/add, speak now, or forever hold your peice.... err well until the first patch anyways.... :)

Z MINUS 14 HOURS...
  • ok guys, ingame is out! :) FINALLY... now i can res..... start work on the patch? lol... anyways, go forth and download ;)

Oh, as a side note, perhaps... along the same line as not putting all your eggs in one basket, we should wait at least 2-3 weeks be4 releaseing the new mission pack? let peeps have time to settle in with ingame, then let them have the mission pack...
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Thats probably a good idea. Poor firstones server... we should show it some mercy. ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Indie [/i]
    [B]Thats probably a good idea. Poor firstones server... we should show it some mercy. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Like I said it before .. whats about JohnCS and his offer of 400MB webspace? If the DL problem continues, we should write at him for mirroring it.
  • well.... LOL although i should be upset at this news... i'm not! we successfully crashed the server with the release of ingame! :) yeehaw! lol i guess buda5 is more popular than we thought! :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]well.... LOL although i should be upset at this news... i'm not! we successfully crashed the server with the release of ingame! :) yeehaw! lol i guess buda5 is more popular than we thought! :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Sure, like I said in the local German Forum, the advertisment I (we) did the last month extensively for Buda5 shows its benefits now :) .
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Yeah, yesterday I couldn't access forums at all because of the server strain.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    I haven't advertised at all yet. So I guess we are doing good. :)
  • Ill mirror it for ya. Got my own server, very good one at that. send it my way. Logic, IM me to let me know.