Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

newbie question

is there a way to stop the turrets from fireing. for exemple the excaliber, warlock and any other with turrets? and also the excaliber's main gun. does it always fire early before the 3 beams from the tips get there? or is it just some thing that i need to check on.

Comments

• B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Both of Your questions

You can stop the turrets from firing. all you have to do is go to your engineering screen and start cycling through all your diggrent programs such as life support, lds, and also you tuurets should be under there somewhere. all you need to do is disable them by clicking the #2 on your joystick.

THe excalibur has that problem and it has always been that way they have no way to fix it.

Oh yeah.

Logic. Why don't you just have the forward main gun beam on the excalibur in the back of the ship and have it fire through the center.? Your own beams don't hurt you right?

What i mean is have all the beams start at the same spot. so when you fire they all meet up at the same point.
    if you don't understand me then e-mail me.
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    beam is too quick, it would make no difference. the beam is also bigger then the hull of the ship, so it's gonna show thru. it won't work that way, sorry.
  • ok thanks anyways. oh i think if you try that. it will make the beam go out slow just like the other 3. but thats ok
    no it wont, the speed of the beam is determined elsewhere.
  • Is there a reason you can't make the three small beams AND the main forward-pointing beam all the same weapon. I mean like just one entry in the weapons list, or just the three charging beams? so you CAN'T fire them separately, weapon link or not?
    nope, it can be done, but the moment u go to the outside view of the ship u won't be able to see the 3 small beams b/c all items in the .ini file where the beams would be dissapear at a 5Km zoom. the excalibur is 4Km.