Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame Mod

Comments

• LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    capships?? there's not gonna be any. there's only 5 screens... one setup per scene... LOL starfury, thunderbolt, nial, frazi, and then whatever i come up with for the main bay scene.
    corrected following errors:

replaced inital comsec with crew shuttle.

replaced prison escape tug with thunderbolt.

fixed starfury docking errors
  • MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
    Have you been using the modifications I made for the fighter test? It's just otherwise it's gonna be a bit hard to hit anything...
    @ Morte: no i haven't.... there are some issues with that i'll point out later.

@all: i'll be uploading a InGame BETA v1.2 a little later, i'll post about it.
    Alright ladies... oops... well... gents.... I'm uploading InGame BETA v1.2 as we speak. Again, it's gonna take 1.5 hours to upload. So... DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT UNTIL 8:30pm (20:30)(2030 hours) [b]GMT[/b]!!! :)

ummm... important updates include:

new god sat
    new jumpgate
    new HUD icons
    new ini's
    inbase screens
    credits page
    updated main interface text
    etc... etc...

Anyways, sorry to make it another large DL (169Mb), but this is 99% complete. Also, since some were having problems with DLing it and the password protection, i've placed it in an unprotected (but completely randomly named) folder. Here's the link: [URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/25462128/Buda5InGame_Setup.exe]Buda5 InGame BETA v1.2[/URL]
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]Also, since some were having problems with DLing it and the password protection, i've placed it in an unprotected ... [/B][/QUOTE]
    Hehe, downloading it now. Only 8 hours until my most important exam. I should get some sleep now ;) .
    hey i was unhappy with the looks of the origional cockpit mod..... so i was gonna redo it.. but does anyone know the dimensions for such a cockpit mod?? how big is it supposed to be? does anyone have simon's origional model?
    I don't think it matters so much how big the model is since you have to scale it in the .LWS file (which is the time consuming part). That size depends on if you are going to use a zoomed version like I did. #shrugs# I'm afraid the only thing you can do is experiment.
    ok guys... aside from a cockpit mod.... InGame is done... the current beta version is 1.21. (no significant enough changes to update the uploaded version).

EDIT:
    ok i finally found the latest version of the cockpit mod, and it will go along with the fighter player ships... any ideas for what to do for capships? (aside from the EOC default). unless we decide to do one for capships (i.e. a main bridge viewscreen type thing or something) InGame IS FINISHED.
    [B]ok i finally found the latest version of the cockpit mod, and it will go along with the fighter player ships[/B][/QUOTE]
    Oh, after hundreds of reminders he found it :D *jk*.

[QUOTE][B] ... any ideas for what to do for capships? (aside from the EOC default). unless we decide to do one for capships (i.e. a main bridge viewscreen type thing or something) InGame IS FINISHED. [/B][/QUOTE]
    IMHO you can't use different cockpits at the same time b/c the cockpit mod only "replaces" the original files like ship ini and so on. The second would be you can't get the information if the player uses a fighter or a capship .. the cockpit is independent from the ships.

But hey ... hm, I'm so brainless ... for your mod it works! ... when you include the cockpit mod in EVERY single ship the player can choose. Of course, THAT would work (strike my hand on my forehead).
    For capships I would prefer a smaller "fragment" of the visible part - like in Privateer 1 the heavy ships had. I mean to have more devices of the "bridge" in the screen. (what you've said).
    @Roi... give me a more detailed description.

@All:

here's the ingame download page... it's been uploaded to the FTP, but nothings linking to it yet... and won't until it's released.. but i thouhgt u all might wanna see the screenshots that are there...

[URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/iwar2/downloads_ingame.html]InGame Page[/URL]
    ok... which do u guys like better... it's just a concept drawing done in microsoft paint... the first would be like a viewscreen, and the second like a holographic type overlay... say like the pilot has a screen over his eye... like the minbari that pilot the whitestar (the two in the front of the bridge)

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/capship_view.jpg[/IMG]
    DUM DEE DUM DUM DUM DEE DUMMMMMMM!!!! InGame, from my end, is DONE!! :) the last outstanding problem has been addressed, and all fighters (at least those earth alliance and narn fighters) have the starfury type cockpit mod, and all the rest, including capships have the cockpit mod in the style number 2 shown above. current version is BETA 1.22. Is anyone REALLY interested ie me posting that version? there are very few changes, i think i've discussed all of them here. anyways, whenever u guys give me the ok thru beta testing, we can release ;) as always.. GIMME GIMME GIMME FEEDBACK! NOW! lol
    [B]and all the rest, including capships have the cockpit mod in the style number 2 shown above.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Fine, a good style for the cockpit mod :) . So a more detailed description of the cockpit I meant isn't necessary anymore and so I've more time to learn. :rolleyes:

Btw, nice looking screen shots!
    Not being funny but is it really worth making a mod for capship cockpits- I always got the impression the player flying capships was a quick way for them to see the ships we made- that's the way it started anyways, cause first off I was replacing the ships in the game with the new models (like the heavy cruiser with the Narn G'Quan).
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morte [/i]
    [B]Not being funny but is it really worth making a mod for capship cockpits- I always got the impression the player flying capships was a quick way for them to see the ships we made- that's the way it started anyways, cause first off I was replacing the ships in the game with the new models (like the heavy cruiser with the Narn G'Quan). [/B][/QUOTE]

no offense, but we have to have something for them, we can't just leave the EOC cockpit there. and in ingame the player can pilot capships as their player ship. and in fact i think one of the things that makes buda5 so great is being able to fly the capships... u can't in any other game, and i think people want to fly the big cruisers. anyways, it matters not. in ingame, u can fly capships. so there had to be something in place of the EOC cockpit. besides it's already done, and i'm not changing it ;)
    [B]no offense, but we have to have something for them, we can't just leave the EOC cockpit there. and in ingame the player can pilot capships as their player ship. and in fact i think one of the things that makes buda5 so great is being able to fly the capships... u can't in any other game, and i think people want to fly the big cruisers. anyways, it matters not. in ingame, u can fly capships. so there had to be something in place of the EOC cockpit. besides it's already done, and i'm not changing it ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I just meant that if you hadn't done it already was there much point. The player won't be flying capships in the Campaign.
    Besides, don't take this the wrong way but the idea of flying capships still rankles with me. Ships like the Whitestar I don't mind- it's practically just a big fighter, but flying capships you've either got the "10 minutes to turn" syndrome or cruisers flying about the place like fighters, which kinda panders to the "Teh Cube!!!!11!" syndrome.
    [B]I just meant that if you hadn't done it already was there much point. The player won't be flying capships in the Campaign.
    Besides, don't take this the wrong way but the idea of flying capships still rankles with me. Ships like the Whitestar I don't mind- it's practically just a big fighter, but flying capships you've either got the "10 minutes to turn" syndrome or cruisers flying about the place like fighters, which kinda panders to the "Teh Cube!!!!11!" syndrome. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well i think yer flat out wrong ;) and the whitestar is far from a big fighter, it's 500 meters long. and capships don't take 10 minutes to turn, have u watched babylon 5 recently? and would cruisers be flying around like fighters? that makes no sense.
    [B]Well i think yer flat out wrong ;) and the whitestar is far from a big fighter, it's 500 meters long. and capships don't take 10 minutes to turn, have u watched babylon 5 recently? and would cruisers be flying around like fighters? that makes no sense. [/B][/QUOTE]
    What I meant when I said the whitestar is like a big fighter isn't the size, but the acrobatics it can pull off.
    And yes I have watched B5 recently, which is why I know the only time Capships turn fast is when they are jumping out. All the other time they are ponderous at best!
    (BTW: if ya didn't know "Teh Cube!!!11!!" syndrome is where a first-time ship maker creates a Biiiiig cube, puts it into the game and makes it practically invincible).
    Well... firstones aside that is. THEY move quickly. And admittedly the Drazi Sunhawk moves quickly, but that's like the Whitestar.
    I guess one of the things I'm getting at is that if you fly a capitol ship singlehandedly, it isn't a capitol ship anymore- just a big oversized fighter. Capital ships require the teamwork of a group of people (which runs into the 10s of thousands in Freespace) to run, they are meant to be a feat of engineering, massive amounts of metal work with massive amounts of firepower. Not something you can fly singlehandedly.
    simulation... it's a SIMULATION.. not real... it's a SIMULATION game
    Exactly...
    that means u SIMULATE.. not MAKE EXACTLY
    Ah, so you mean the simulations of airliner used by trainee pilots are just rough approximations, nowhere near the flying characteristics of a real plane. Riiiiiiiight...
    last time i checked we weren't training starfury pilots for use in the 23rd century :)

anyways, yer trying to wit yerself away from the point. there's not way to COMPLETLY portray the intricacies of piloting a capship, so we do our best. and that's what's being done.. and i still say it's a great feature b/c not many other games let u fly the big guns.
    Try Starshatter- they give a FAR better attampt at flying a capship than us. Or any other game- even the original I-War- where you fly capships.
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should replace all the ships we've got with unflyable ones- it's still the best way to view the models released. What I AM saying is that in the campaign, the player will not be flying any capship bigger than a whitestar. And if we were going to make flying a cap ship part of a campaign, it would be crap.
    [B]What I AM saying is that in the campaign, the player will not be flying any capship bigger than a whitestar. And if we were going to make flying a cap ship part of a campaign, it would be crap. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Of course, we never said that the player will fly a cap ship in the campaign. To the contrary we said player will only fly fighters. :)
    Ok, first off a bit of an apology- I've been pissed off all day so I've basically been contesting any point that I can, but a good night out has helped make me more relaxed :)
    While I am still dead against a flying capships in the campaign we are about to do (which is kinda good since the player won't fly capships), I am now of the opinion that other than that you can do pretty much what you want with 'em :)
    so is ingame ready u guys? i've updated the music some more, added replacements so the player can use instant action, etc... as soon as i get an OK from anyone BETA testing... i'll be ready to release her.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Looks ok so far, but I haven't played it through yet.
    OK, another delay :( i just got a high poly mesh of a EA ring type space station.... so i think with our narn station by morte, and maybe a varient or 2 of the one i just got, we'd have enough models to replaces all the stations in the main campaign... so i'm gonna model the ring station. morte, i know i had asked if u could do it, but i didn't expect to get the "blueprints" in time for ingame... and since i am fairely confident i can do it in... a night, maybe 2... i'm just gonna get to it so we don't delay ingame more than is necessary... from looking at the general forum, people are actually looking forward to it. so i don't wanna keep them waiting.. and we need something to get the audience going.