Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

AOG License Expired

2»

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Just read through it again; they've changed it since it was first posted. The answer to the first question in particular has changed; I seem to recall that, in the original, it was stated that WB chose not to renew. However, the second answer still supports what I said: "We hoped to extend the contract."

Note also that they are being required to destroy their entire stock of B5-related material; if AoG really wanted to end the contract, wouldn't it make much more sense to have the books and so forth slowly go out of print? Wouldn't it also make much more sense for them to wait until they have a successful product line that didn't rely on the B5 license? As it is, somewhere around 80%-90% of their stock list is B5-related material. The one big product that isn't B5-related, Fleet Action 2 (Turning Point), is only just now starting to come out; it's not yet established. If it fails, odds are Agents of Gaming will go out of business.

What seems far more likely to me is that AoG knew they would have trouble renewing the B5 contract, and produced Turning Point as a fallback, to give the company a chance of survival.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [quote]AoG really wanted to end the contract, wouldn't it make much more sense to have the books and so forth slowly go out of print? Wouldn't it also make much more sense for them to wait until they have a successful product line that didn't rely on the B5 license?[/quote]

First of all, that's not how contracts work. AOG just can't decide to slowly exhaust their inventory and then end a contract. What happens is, the contract approaches a renewal date...until there's a definite decision on renewal, the best thing to do is business as usual. That means you don't STOP producing product.

And AOG can't keep selling their products after the contract expires.
  • Well being a regular visit to the B5W forums, It is not AOG's fault that they decided to not renew the contract as they would have liked to since they had alot more products to release in the future.

But it did have something to do with WB, I can't remember the specifics.

But from what I've read is that AOG is closing their doors and that Turning Point (FA2) will not be released. But some members of the company are forming a new one.

------------------
    En'til'zha Veni in Valen's Name

A Tribue to Marcus Cole.
    The Greatest of the Rangers.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    WHAT!? NO TURNING POINT?! NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was looking cool!
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Turning Point has already been released. I've seen it in stores.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!