Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 to be sold via BitTorrent

[QUOTE]Starting this summer, Warner Bros., a unit of No. 1 media company Time Warner Inc., will make more than 200 films including blockbusters such as "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and TV shows like "Babylon 5" available at BitTorrent.com.

The content will be available on the same day and date they are put on sale in retail stores, but cannot be copied and burned onto a DVD. They must reside on a computer drive.

BitTorrent will charge customers, and while final prices have not been set, the company expects TV shows to be priced comparably to the current rate of $1 per episode on other Web sites and movies to be around the price of a new DVD.[/QUOTE]

Full story [url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060509/en_nm/media_bittorrent_dc]here[/url].

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    SWEET!
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Uhm, ok, cool on the $1 episodes... but why would I pay the same price as a DVD for a movie I can't burn or watch outside of the PC? I'll just buy the DVD!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Because this way you only have to buy the episodes you want. When Paramount starts doing something similar for ST:TNG, I'll be very, very happy.

Still, it'd be nice to be able to burn them, and the resolution/quality will be important too.