Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Final episodes

Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
I thought I would share with you guys the problem I have. I have 4 more episodes to watch (don't spoil them! lol) and then no more B5 :(

This is the first time i've actually seen them all and remember I remember watching years ago and watching the shadow war but thats it. What will I do with my self after... I have the Rangers series to watch and film... but then what :( its been so great!

What did you do when you were in my shoes? Please help a fellow fan!

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I didnt watch Sleeping in Light until 2 years ago, thats what I did. But its still great after the series. Have you watched thirdspace? You should do that before you finish the series, actually, you should watch all the movies except for the last two..
  • Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
    Oh right, I thought the films are based after so I haven't watched any, i hope it doesn't mean i've missed things :(

I am about to watch "The Fall of Centauri Prime" so that actually leaves 4 episodes after this one.

Where in the series do the films fit in?

Is this the right order of the films:

The Gathering
    In the Beginning
    Thirdspace
    The River of Souls
    A Call to Arms
    Legend of the Ranges
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [i]The Gathering[/i] is set approximately one year before the first regular episode, "Midnight on the Firing Line."

[i]In the Beginning[/i] is set during the Earth-Minbari War, ten to twelve years before "Midnight," with a framing sequence taking place twenty years after "Midnight," concurrently with the Centauri Prime portions of "War Without End." A lot of people say you should watch this after Season 4, but I say it goes at the very beginning. It's more likely to get a new view to stick with the show through the slower parts of Season 1 than the episodes actually produced at that time, anyway.

[i]Thirdspace[/i] is set in the first half of season 4, just before the episode "Atonement" (some people will tell you it's actually set between the first two scenes of "Atonement," because the first scene has Zack Allen getting fitted for his new uniform, which he wears in [i]Thirdspace.[/i] However, it all works out fine if you assume he's merely getting the uniform altered in "Atonement" and had already had it for a few days/weeks. Remember, Zack Allen's clothes never fit right, so this isn't much of a reach).

[i]The River of Souls[/i] takes place about a year after the last regular episode, "Objects at Rest."

[i]A Call to Arms[/i] takes place five years after the 2262 portions of "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars," four years after "Objects at Rest," on the anniversary of the founding of the Interstellar Alliance.

Crusade takes place either immediately after [i]A Call to Arms[/i] or a few months after, depending on which episode order you prefer (I tend to stick with the JMS order and ignore the TNT pilot, "Warzone")

[i]Legend of the Rangers[/i] takes place about three years after "Objects at Rest," a couple years before [i]A Call to Arms.[/i]

By the way, the first three of the last four episodes ("The Wheel of Fire," "Objects in Motion" and "Objects at Rest") all dovetail neatly into each other. Depending on how you like to watch shows, you may want to set aside a few hours and watch them back to back as if they were a three-hour finale movie, and then have "Sleeping in Light" as an epilogue, or you can stagger them and make the experience last as long as possible. Additionally, you may want to save "Sleeping in Light" to be the very last Babylon 5 you watch (after all the movies and Crusade) for various chronological, plot-related, and emotional reasons. There's nothing lost by watching it right after "Objects at Rest," though.

Also, if you plan to read Peter David's "Centauri Prime" trilogy (which I really recommend, though you may have to scour the used bookstores nowadays), you'll want to bear in mind that some months pass between "The Fall of Centuari Prime" and "The Wheel of Fire." It'll probably make the first books events seem a little less cramped if you walk into the episodes with this knowledge.
    Wow thanks for your indepth help. I have the last two episodes to watch now "Objects at rest" and "Sleeping in the Night"

As suggested I might keep the last one to the very last as its all the people getting together, so the brief says.

I wish I had of watched the films in the correct place but at least I can let my dad known when to what which film and when :)

I don't read books however I may find the Centauri Prime books I see Amazon.co.uk sell at least one. I am fascinated by the Centauri I think their race is the best of all the races in the series :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Actually, while [i]In the Beginning[/i] is describing the Earth-Minbari war (in present tense) it is set after the fall of Centauri Prime and thus should be watched after the end of Season 5. Basically, it is the memories of Londo of the Earth-Minbari war, and knowing the details of it before ~season 3 would destroy some of the mystery that keeps the story going through seasons one and two. Plus there are some things in [i]In the Beginning[/i] that aren't revealed until seasons 3 and 4. I believe it best to watch it when the time period that the story teller is sitting in has arrived (after the end of season 5).

--RC
    I agree with RC, even though hes not green.
    I just watched In the Begining and I agree with you both.

I was actually quite impressed how everything slots together so perfect, however I thought Sheridan had never met Franklin and G'Kar before he was stationed on B5?
    They changed the plot.. Or perhaps they forgot about it..?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I don't actually recall Sheriden and Franklin specifically saying that they first met on B5 during the series, and it wouldn't be surprising for them to forget about a Narn they met in the middle of a long and bloody war for only a brief period during which they were captured and beaten badly. Can [i]you[/i] tell all the Narns that appear during the series apart? ;)
    Ha thats so true, narns do look alike, but its quite strange how they all met, then worked on the same station, its a small universe.. or its just a tv show.

I wonder if im just sad or something, but all day i've been feeling sad because Im on the last show in the 5th series, and i only have a few more things to watch... its nearly at the grief stage.
  • You could always do what I did when I was finished watching all the eps and movies. I started all over again. You always end up seeing something or hearing something you didn't hear the first time. Plus it is fun to watch again.

JC
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pixel_Donkey [/i]
    [B]Ha thats so true, narns do look alike, but its quite strange how they all met, then worked on the same station, its a small universe.. or its just a tv show. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it helps when you consider that they were all picked for both jobs for the same reasons. Sheridan because of his accomplishment during the war, Franklin because of his experience with aliens, and G'kar because of his experience as a diplomat.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    IMO all the trilogy books based on Bablyon 5 are great.
    I just got books 1,2 and 3.

I just finished watching the whole series, all the movies and now I have crusader to watch.

Ledgend of the Rangers is weird because the ship which is 20 years old has technology in it which even B5 doesn't use, the holoprojection stuff.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Just a personal preference if watching the show straight through the first time, I always felt In the Begining was best watched between Season III and IV. That way it doesn't reveal any big secrets since War Without End spills most of those. And to the new viewer, it makes the conflict between Londo and G'Kar that much more interesting.

[quote]Legend of the Rangers is weird because the ship which is 20 years old has technology in it which even B5 doesn't use, the holoprojection stuff.[/quote]

While LOTR does have a number things done [i]stupidily[/i], the ship's tech is not so out of sorts. The Minbari had had holographic tech for many, many years (see In the Begining...)

Jake
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    You also have to give SOME leway as SFX technology becomes better and cheaper. Enterprise NX looks a lot more high tech than the TOS version.
    That will always happen as they make shows after the originals but its meant to be from before that time.. they have to make it as interesting as other shows on at that time... but come on the woman that is shooting does it in such a weird way :)

I am going to watch Crusader now.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Remember, B5 was built by Earth. The ship in LotR was built by the Minbari. They weren't exactly hot on the sharing of technology thing until a long time after the the B5 series timeframe.

As for the method of shooting... it was supposed to be taking advantage of the Ranger's training in physical fights or something. It still looks stupid though. It was a bad idea no matter which way you look at it.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [B]That will always happen as they make shows after the originals but its meant to be from before that time.. [/B][/QUOTE]

The ship is a scout ship / infiltration vessel that was used during the Earth-Minbari War. During that time, holographic technology was allready in use on the Sharlin Cruisers, and there was never any reason to believe it wasn't a tech that had been in use for some time.
    Always remember: The minbari are about 1000 years or more older than the humans.

they have to make it as interesting as other shows on at that time... but come on the woman that is shooting does it in such a weird way :)
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    A TV Pilot is there to try and see how certain ideas work. Those that work are kept, those that don't, are thrown out and never mentioned again ;)
    (just look at (the original version of) The Gathering. There are tons of stuff that has been redesigned or thrown out. The light thingy in the negotiation-room, the communicators..)
  • The only thing to do after you have seen the whole series plus Crusade and the tv movies is to enjoy whatever pro novels are out there, sift through fanfic( some of it is very good-most very bad) and games.