Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Ships

Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the babylon 5 ships?

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [url]http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/series.php?qsSeries=28[/url]

Mind you, they were not all in the show..
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    [url]http://www.b5tech.com/[/url]

COOL PICTURES BUT SOME INFORMATION NOT CORRECT....MAKES A GOOD ARGUMENT THOUGH.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The best list is available at [url=http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/Category:Ships]The Great Machine[/url].
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Though I have to admit, it is certainly not thorough yet...

If you see any glaring errors...[b]FIX THEM![/b]
  • Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
    I couldn't find any images or ship listings in the great machine, afterall i searched for ships and it came up with a old deleted starwars page?? Thanks for your links.
    With that in mind, do you have any good suggestions for how to display the ship listings?

Obviously the wiki thrives on user feedback, so any suggestions are useful.
  • The most logical I think would be to split them into their respective Gov. Then by class, ie: Fighter, Cruiser, what not.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I'm not sure if mediawiki has the support for this, but another option is to have the player be able to sort though how they want it displayed: ie: first by gov then by class, or just by class, cannon vs non cannon, green vs purple.
  • KeithiusKeithius Mr. 3000
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B][url]http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/series.php?qsSeries=28[/url]

Mind you, they were not all in the show.. [/B][/QUOTE]

You just had to link that. Now I want to spend all my money on buying those ships.

I don't even care about playing the game. Ijust want to display the ships cause they look so cool. :(
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]I'm not sure if mediawiki has the support for this, but another option is to have the player be able to sort though how they want it displayed: ie: first by gov then by class, or just by class, cannon vs non cannon, green vs purple. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's all about how you'd tag it.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Keithius [/i]
    [B]You just had to link that. Now I want to spend all my money on buying those ships.

I don't even care about playing the game. Ijust want to display the ships cause they look so cool. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what I do at the moment, sinceI havent found anyone interested in playing the game..

That will hopefully change when I move home from the wilderness of the deep forests of Dalecarlia.. :rolleyes:

The game is pretty good too. Better than BFG IMO. :)
  • You’ll need broad band and IE, and it seems to ignore Excalibur and some of the films.

[url]http://www.themadgoner.com/TMG/Sci_Fi/SciPages/Babylon5/Ships_Page/Mark4_Build.htm[/url]
    Its a shame that site needs IE I could load it up and have a look :)

I thought the ships would be listed like this:

Babylon 5: The Universe > Ships > Race > Ships listed in alphabetical order.

Then when you click on the ship it would show the current description then model. Loads of people have made models maybe they could donate :)

Sanfam you asked for help regarding images awhile back (I searched for info on images on the wiki and just found your post) if you still want help I don't mind getting some images and help to make the wiki look a little bit more colourful.

Just a small question as the wiki help didn't help me: how do you upload images to the wiki? Also the add a coment bit to an image to show author etc didn't show a complete example?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pixel_Donkey [/i]
    [B]Then when you click on the ship it would show the current description then model. Loads of people have made models maybe they could donate :)[/B][/QUOTE]

Believe me, we've been trying. Noone seems to want to be the first.
    No need to ask for joining up... just do :p

If you feel like going on a wiki rampage, just wander on by and get started. 'tis how most of the regulars seem to have gotten in, at least. Plus, 'tis a wiki.

As for uploading an image, just log in and click the big 'ol "Upload file" button on the bottom left of the nav bar. Enter stuff, and submit. done!

Editing the information attached to an image, such as author, is treated the same as editing any other page. Just locate the image and click the "edit" tab at the top. Bam!

Also, I'd suggest against creating a page just for the sake of it being there. Pages should be left blank unless there is actually content for it. (in fact, I've been tempted to delete every single megastub, because it makes no sense to me to have a blank page but have it show up as a normal link...nobody can see the difference, and thus it's silly)

one last thing. Preview is your friend. To minimize edit spam, please use the preview button to make sure stuff is done as you want it to be. I'm sure that you'll learn the ropes pretty quickly, though.

Anyway, thanks for the interest in helping out! And hell thanks for the contributions, too :D
    I still need to learn the layout options, like on [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5]here[/URL] it has the image to the right and contents trees.

So much to learn, and so much time to learn it.

How do you delete a page?
    Page deletion is something only awesome admins like I can do.

What you can do, though, is mark a page for deletion with the {{Delete}} template. This way, I can wander on by and give it a look, and if it's worth deleting, then I'll delete it.

[url]http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/Formatting_Pages[/url]

That page is probably of interest to you.
    Can we take images from the series and place them in the wiki? What copywrite info do we need to put? Can someone show me an example of one already so I just need to copy and paste?
    we can use them, but I do need to write up a template staating fair-use and attributing its ownership to Warner.
    Any news on that template yet?

I have made some pictures I want to upload and give credit to myself :)
    Well, upload them whenever you wish. If/when I ever do make the template for copyright assignment, I'll place it up on the proper images. In the mean time, just credit WB and such.