Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"Serenity" Review

13»

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Gonna see it tomorrow night... can't wait!!! :cool:
  • The only problem I had was the Wayne Brady guy. Such a fruitcake wanted to knock some sense into him from the beginning.
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    I hate you and everything you stand for.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]i dunno, i always got the impression from the way that they talked about it that it didnt exist anymore, at least as a civilisation. since they're in another solar system then i imagine they're definitely out of easy communication at least. maybe someone else knows more [/B][/QUOTE]

I heard that a production note reproduced in the "Making of" book said that Earth was still inhabited, but no one around knows it.
    Smells of BSG :D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, there [i]was[/i] a Firefly '03 in the miniseries. ;)

Maybe, after the Cylons attacked and the BSG left with the Rag-Tag fleet, a similar fleet of slower-than-light generational ships headed in the opposite direction found the system that had held the Twelve Colonies of Man, and terraformed the bombed-out planets (and any other handy pieces of rock) into someplace more livable, setting up seventy-odd colonies instead of just twelve. ;)

(Yes, I know, there are a billion flaws. The Galactica is clearly farther from Earth than any generational ship could get, and the Colonies are being rebuilt by the Cylons, so it'd be odd for the ships of the Anglo-Sino Alliance not to notice they were moving into someone elses digs. A man can have a mad dream now and then, can't he?)
    I believe that's what Joss'd call a fan wank.

Though, since this is BSG, I guess you can imagine 6 jacking you off inside your brain.
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]I heard that a production note reproduced in the "Making of" book said that Earth was still inhabited, but no one around knows it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Interesting, an encounter in a sequel to Serenity (/me dreaming) would be cool.
  • YA know all in all it was great. it had just enough balance betweenthe CGI & the Characters. IT felt almost like an anime cept in live action.

One problem guys it only made 10 million at the box office. :/
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    $18 mil as of Sunday
    Wonder what the UK numbers will be. Most people I know are talking about it. Think word will probably spread. It got a good thumbs up from a movie review prog at the weekend. Going to see it it just under 2hrs!! heeee :p
    Well just back from seeing. Great film!!! Really enjoyed it. Will be looking forward to the dvd release. I thought it made the transition well from tv to the big screen, and I think Whedon did a good job for his directorial debut. And as for some of the stuff that goes down... man part of it I expected but the rest... well it shocked me! Anyway liked the way they explained stuff from the series.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Why wait for the DVD? See it again now!
    Please. This film needs all the financial help it can get if the sequels're ever going to be greenlit.
    Now? But the cinemas closed Biggles! Until tomorrow morning anyway :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Then you should be queueing outside, to make your point!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Keep track of Serenity [URL=http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=serenity.htm]here[/URL]

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Then you should be queueing outside, to make your point! [/B][/QUOTE]

But its cold and wet outside! :( :D
    What, you're just going to give up at the first sign of inevitable crushing defeat? Can you imagine such a cowardly creature?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Why wait for the DVD? See it again now! [/B][/QUOTE]

Just saw it again.Excelent flick!
    The movie house was 3/4 full,not too bad for a rainey Tuesday night. :cool:
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    Go UK Fans :D

[URL]http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2005-10-11T124121Z_01_KRA145614_RTRUKOC_0_UK-LEISURE-BRITAIN-FILM.xml&archived=False[/URL]
    Yay! Go us! :p

I actually find that amusing. Didn't expect Serenity to knock Pride and P off the top spot! Heee

Anyone wanna join me in the queue to see it again? Hail rain or snow! :D
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    so i somehow managed to avoid any and all spoilers (except that reavers were in it) before finally finding the time to go see it tonight.

It was a good movie, I enjoyed it very much, although Spoiler: I will miss Wash, I loved the guy. Book too, I really wanted to know his past.

River scares the hell out of me too.

Overall, a very good movie, and I wish it was doing better in the theater. I got to share my viewing with a wopping 5 other people.