Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

the best of both worlds

from scifi wire:

Marvel Signs JMS, Smith Deals?

The Comics Continuum Web site reported that Marvel Comics is expected to announce this week that it has signed exclusive deals with writers J. Michael Straczynski and Kevin Smith. Citing anonymous sources, the Continuum reported that Babylon 5 creator Stracyznski, who is currently writing Amazing Spider-Man, will likely be writing a new, ongoing Spider-Man title later this year. John Romita Jr. is expected to join him on that book, the site reported.

Filmmaker Smith, who is currently writing Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil Men Do, is expected to write both Amazing Spider-Man and an ongoing Black Cat series. Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada told the site that the publisher had no comment until April 24.

not only does it have jms, but its got kevin smith. This can only rock. Now, we just need the collaboration in the form of a tv show...

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Woo! Two great writers!

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    it means that jms will be leaving top cow after rising stars and midight nation are done and that he wont be writing amazing spider man anymore. hey im happy to know that he'll continue to write comics.

------------------
    "But for almost five years, Mr. T disappeared. Fools went unpitied. jibba jabba went unchallenged." - Mr. T
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    It doesn't mean anything at all about his dealings with Top Cow; if he can do Rising Stars and Midnight Nation at the same time as ASM, I don't see why he can't continue with both Joe's Comics and the new Spider Man title.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    well he wont continue joes comics once MN and RS are done, thats been said before and also exclusive contracts usually mean you cant work for other people.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Oh, whoops, didn't see the word "exclusive" up there.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!