Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

JMS Interview Questions

WORFWORF The Burninator
Phi and myself will also get a chance to meet the man responsible for Babylon 5, JMS. We hope that he will agree to an interview.

Anyway, please post [COLOR=red]SENSIBLE[/COLOR] questions here, as we cannot interview him without them.

I will start with this one:

[B]Have you ever considered continuing Crusade in Novel/Graphic Novel format?[/B]

Worf

Comments

• The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    (Sensible questions only, please. --Sam)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    (Sensible questions only, please. --Sam)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Is there any possibility, that should he do trek, some of the B5 cast might guest star?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    What medium does he most enjoy writing for and why?
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    Hmm... let me see.

"With TMOS cancelled, what is the status of other B5-related projects, like the Graphic Novel, the Quote Book and the novels (that were hinted at a couple of months ago)?"

"Are you considering a printed release of the TMOS script?"

"Are there any plans at the moment on if/in which way to tell the story of the Telepath War?"

"Would you like to tell us another fairy tale?" :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I've always wanted to ask if we will ever see anything come to screen or TV about Valen's War and Babylon 4? Sure we know how it ends up, but there is so much room for good story there.

:)

As a side note it would be a crack up to find that Babylon 4 still existed hidden somewhere (say like in Hyperspace) in the 2260 era! :D

So I guess the second question is "What ever happened to B4 anyway?"
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]So I guess the second question is "What ever happened to B4 anyway?" [/B][/QUOTE]
    If you want to know that, I suggest that you read the B5-Comic "In Valens Name", where the fate of B4 is addressed... :)
    Also jms wont do a valen's war because a fan kept sending him story ideas, so he wont do it just to protect his ass from lawsuits.

I would like to know if he could share any of his ideas he sent in to save Star Trek.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    We know pretty much everything else about you, JMS, so here's some more "casual" questions...

What do you do when you're not writing?
    Favorite food?
    Favorite music?
    Favorite movie?
    What foot does the sock go on first? Left, right, or neither?
    Any guilty pleasures?
    If you had to be anything else (in terms of career or job), what else would it be?

This one is a bit out there, but It's here for a legitimate reason. :D
    Is there an animal that you find amusing? (For example, some people find primates to be funny, others cats, dogs, other small mammals etc.)
    zip then fasten or fasten then zip?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cornholio1980 [/i]
    [B]If you want to know that, I suggest that you read the B5-Comic "In Valens Name", where the fate of B4 is addressed... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I found the synopsis for the three issues of In Valen's Name on midwinter (Lurkers Guide).

Thanks for the suggestion. ;)
    Could you ask him about what inspired babylon 5 and its story arc. Also how big a backstory he wrote for it and whether he wrote most of that back story fairly early or if he was still heavily developing it throughout the 2nd-5th seasons?

Also related, what events and ideas inspire his other works and/or individual stories within a series.

(might want to refine it a bit, but basically I'm looking for a general idea as to how he develops his ideas and the depth of development and planning he puts into something like Babylon 5)
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    Do yo have any plans or ideas wrapping up Crusade or Legend of the Rangers in a novel form? If not is it your hope to continue or wrap up these stories in a possible future television or movie production?
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    What book are you currently reading? What comic?
    What are the biggest non-sciencefiction/fanticy influences in your writing and life?
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Have you been watching the Battlestar Galactica remake? Any thoughts :)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Having just seen the extended trilogy of "the Lord of the Rings," I can only imagine what a similar trilogy would have been like set in the Babylon 5 universe. Really great sagas can't be told in a single movie.

1. Any chance of seeing a B5 telepath war or technomage movie trilogy?

2. If you were in charge of a new Star Trek spin-off series, what kind of premise would it have? A crew on a station, a crew on a starship, or something completely different?

3. If you were in charge of a new SciFi series, what kind of direction would you want to go with it?

That is all for now. :D
  • cx2cx2 Trainee
    How about favourite/most respected sci-fi other than B5? Trek, Star Wars, Dune, Galactica, Andromeda (not likely as it's fairly new but...), etc.

If you're feeling more jovial then hottest babe in sci-fi other than B5 (my vote Trance in Andromeda)
    Would you ever consider running for president/vice president with Harrison Ford? :D
    Should we ask him about using quotes from him on the Firstones B5 Wiki we are making?

Not sure if it's needed or not...
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    Meta question: "What question should we ask?":vorlon:
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Random Chaos [/i]
    [B]Should we ask him about using quotes from him on the Firstones B5 Wiki we are making?

Not sure if it's needed or not... [/B][/QUOTE]

He'll refuse, because that'd almost count as an endorsement.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]zip then fasten or fasten then zip? [/B][/QUOTE]

Good question. I was just about to type that..
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    "Would you ever consider co-producing a show with Josh Whedon?"

btw Worf, where are you doing the interview? Will JMS and Bruce be UK bound? Just curious...
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    I know, my questions are very movierelated

I have a few questions:

1. Are there any Chances to see TMOS in the Cinema ?

2. And when will there be chances to see that movie ?

3. Can we hope to see the Crew of the Series in that movie ?

4. Why are you not doing a new Babylon 5 Series in the time after the original Babylon 5 Series ?
    I think, the Storyline of the new Series should be like the Babylon 5 Series.

There are so much suggestions in the Babylon 5 Series, between the future of the Alliance, the Telepaths and the Centaury, so we should know what 's going on at the Station and the peoples of that Universum. I think it would be interested, if Sheridans Son is about 18 Years old :)

with best Regards

Chicky

P.s.: I hope my questions are understandable :) You all know, I am German :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I can answer those already, unfortunately.

1) No chance

2) Never

3) No

About a month ago JMS revealed that TMOS no longer exists. :(

4) There is no new series

Worf
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Than I think, you should ask the fourth question.

I want to know that from himself.

regards

Chicky
    mmm I got one!

IS it possible to get a centauri hair crest? Is there anyone who still designs them or could we some how be made to get in touch with them aobut possibly creating a brand new one...I would spend a few hundred for one.

Writing questions...

I know he doesn't like getting stuff submitted mostly for legal reasons but if possible is their a way we could share our ideas & possibly in collaboration with other B5 communities create a fan based B5 movie?

I know long shot but what the hell...Firefly...Enterprise we should fuckin do it too.

Also on the writing side I read your Guide to Scriptwriting book & was very enlightened on the process. One thing you touched on that came off on me was agents you mentioned one agent kept on moving & wasn't at said locations...How likely am I to run into a good agent as opposed to a dead beat one? Mostly interested in the NY area at the moment but I know you often refer to LA. Does that matter?

A few of us on Firstones are writers ourselves...What is the method you use to develop your stories...Do you plan your story arc strait up till your done & finishe?

Or try to get bits & pieces in & figure it out along the way? Do your dreams or nightmares help create your stories?

IS it possible to save the human race?
  • cx2cx2 Trainee
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chicky [/i]
    [B]Than I think, you should ask the fourth question.

I want to know that from himself.

regards

Chicky [/B][/QUOTE]

B5 Crusade fell over for various reasons, and Legend of the Rangers TV movie was supposed to lead into a series but didn't get past the TV movie pilot phase. JMS has been trying, but no-one seems interested. I don't think there's much left to be done series-related.
  • Jms,

Would you consider bringing back fan favorite Ivanova in a future b5 tv-movie or theatrical film?