Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

VERY IMPORTANT

shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
...... I've failed.

The Vorlons, while they gave me quite an opportunity to impress upon them that I had the goods they needed to finish thier project. The stayed in system for as long as they thought pruduent. Today there are no ships in orbit...

My attempt to re-build B5 ITF is over.

The Vorlons are ITF, I can make no ITF without Vorlons.

There is NO bad blood between us.

Just alot of sadness.

I feel a shame I cannot carry. Therefore my friends I do not want to sully this place with my presence. I've opened old wounds and built false hopes. With great remorse I choose to never return here...

I hope I am remembered for what good I did, not for my false prophecy.

I am sorry beyond what words can express...

**draws wakazaishi, drives it into his own belly**

Adieu, I miss you already.

Comments

• KevokKevok Trainee
    As dissapointed as some ppl will be i think you're over-reacting a bit in saying that you're going to leave.

You gave it your best shot, and forces beyond YOUR control stopped you.

Just my 2 cents.
  • RandyRandy Master Storyteller
    SB is obviously a very talented artist and there's so much to be said for his enthusiasm and willingness to go for it. If we were trying to produce an independent feature-length film I'd be right there with him doing the gorilla marketing thing.

Trying to resurrect ITF is a King Kong endeavor. For various reasons that we’ve all lost sleep over, we finally decided to pull out of a project that we thought was getting ‘sideways’. Blame it on us.

I like SB – one hell of an interesting and talented guy. I think he’ll be missed if he stops hanging with the B5 community here.

I wish him well. I know the other ‘Vorlons’ do too.

[This message has been edited by Randy (edited 03-17-2002).]
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    SB, I think that everyone here realized that there was a chance nothing would come of your efforts.

But you don't take chances without risking failure.

I can't imagine that anyone here would want you to leave this community just because it didn't work out.

You gave it your best shot, and no one here should hate you for it.

If anything, you belong here. You've shown your dedication and enthusiasm for this community and ITF. I doubt anyone will want you to leave.

I don't think anyone needs to shoulder any blame for this not working--not you, not Randy, Marc, Rick or anyone else involved.

[This message has been edited by samuelk (edited 03-17-2002).]
  • I second that - don't go.
  • You can not "fail" to save something that is already dead.

To pour blood and sweat and sleepless nights into ashes...
    to breathe on the last embers...
    to try to recapture that which was lost...
    noble and brave; but not very likely to succeed.

To fight the good fight and walk the path; What more can any of us hope for? [b][i]So hold your head high ![/i][/b] Most of all here.

It is a cruel lesson of life that there are some things we want which the world simply will not give us. No matter what we do or say or feel or give, the goal will refuse to be within our grasp. Right or wrong, good or evil, light or dark; it's just the way it is.

[This message has been edited by John Walker (edited 03-17-2002).]
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Stay. Stay for the reasons you want to leave. You did something few others would try to do. We needed to remember why we came together. I still remember reading DG's post on the Sierra forum at school on that dark day. Thats when this place came alive. For now this door closed. We just don't have the key. You did NOTHING WRONG! Stay. Please?
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Please stay. You were honest, you never promised out of spite or selfishness. Every communitiy needs sincere hearts. We need your's.

------------------
    bobo
    <*>
    B5:ITF
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Please stay.
    Just because you failed to achive the act the Pheonix was able to doesn't mean you've failed the comminuty.

------------------
    [b]whitestar90: [/b]"it would give the computer a heartattack just looking at it" -
    [b]Sanfam: [/b]"And Drazi didn't like it one bit.-
    [b]Mr.Bungle: [/b][i]"So that's where the forum went..."[/i]-
    ---
    [b][i]ahhh, the good old days of HTML.[/i][/b]
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    I'm with the rest of the crew here, if everyone who has ever tried to stop the game from going down under would leave, what would we be left with? Granted, some tried harder than others, but still.

Let's be bitter together and not by ourselves, mmkay? Later on we might be able to find an outlet where we can use our bitterness for some good cause.

So let's just stick together so we can remember the good times in the following years, and possibly even have some more of them. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
    Life is full of surprises. The ones reserved for me usually come wearing brass knuckles.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    What's going on??? Have I missed something?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I just want to add my voice here, and state that the decisions that we Vorlon's have come to are in regards to Shadow Boxers attempts are in no way personal. It is strictly a business decision, and a proper re-focus on where we need to be and the direction we should go.

Shadow Boxers attempts were valiant, and maybe down the road his position to do something more substantial for this cause will be much stronger.

Each of us has a place and a task that we were meant for. I certainly couldn't try and pull together funding, licensing, management, human resources, etc to create a Studio and get the game under way again myself.

My hat goes off to those who spend the sleepless nights trying! That covers not only Craeg, but Rick as well with the efforts he made.

Just so you fans know (if you don't already), take heart in the fact that a large majority of the Sierra developers for the B5:ITF project still stay in touch regularly through a private forum. That's a lasting reminder of what we believed in, and how we lived as a team, as friends, and as fans ourselves.

If a Babylon 5 Space Combat Simulation game is ever to be made, it will be due to the efforts and support of the fans such as those who hang out here on FirstOnes and elsewhere.

As we devs go about moving on in our lives, we all still keep in touch, and it may just be that someday, some of us may may get the opportunity to contribute to a new project that arises down the road.

Even if we are committed to other things at the time, I know all of my peers will at least help when they can for this common purpose.

We would like to see new blood in the ranks as well, former wannabee's who are now programmers and artists in their own right to take up the torch from years before.

This place stays alive because you all make it live.

Cheers!
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Am I sad, that this attempt did fail too? Yes, of course I am.
    Am I angry? At least not at anyone ever visiting and posting in this forum.

We all are very thankfull that you tried to bring the game to us, for that we have been waiting so long. That you chose to sacrify a big deal of your time to acomplish this, that you have done, what we others weren't able/ brave enough to do.

So you failed. But at least you tried. That at has earned you at least my respect. Don't just leave us, because FirstOnes would never be the same without you.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I would have to admit that it was the determination shown by people here that finally got me working on my own game engine project. Before that I just muddled around with small things, nothing major and nothing that would teach me what I need to get into the general industry I want to be in. SB is definitely among the top people on the list of determination and guts.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
    [img]http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/images/shadowboxer.jpeg[/img]

Try covering up the top half of the image as well (from above the gloves up). Most impressive. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Noooooo! Don't leave!!!!!!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I was angry and upset at how ITF has been dragged and dragged by Sierra and the subsequent parties that refused to take it on. It angered me to think that the devs had gone through so much blood, sweat and tears, and for things to end up the way they did. But I never felt that it would make me leave this forum. Firstones is really special to me and I love all the really cool people here. We may have failed in saving and attempting to resurect ITF, but whatb has come out of it is a community that is simply great. Well worth staying on for! I'll never leave. I'll be here when they turn the damn servers off! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]

------------------
    'The future is all around us' G'kar
    'I have no surviving enemies! None what so ever!' Galen

Visit my B5 site at: [url="http://www.nialb5.com"]www.NialB5.com[/url].
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    You cant leave! I wont let you [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

And you have not failed us in any way. ITF has been dead so long, we no longer look back as much as we used to, its time to look to future events, as has been said so many times.

------------------
    GREEN
    ARDVARK
    WATERCOOLER
    COFFEE?
  • SB it was a valiant attempt, no reason to hang your head (or gut yourself) and certainly no reason to leave the forum. If you do feel the "need" to leave, please make it a temporary thing and please do keep in touch. I think I speak for everyone when I say there is "no bad blood" between you and this group, so there is no reason to leave it. Talk to you soon, I hope. Keep in touch...you know where to find me.

------------------
    "And there is nothing more dangerous then a man with nothing to lose. Nothing to live for and nothing to prove."
    [i]Brendan Perry, Dead Can Dance[/i]
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    SB you've no reason to feel shameful. You tried hard and in the end were unable to succeed, but you did not fail, failure would have come from not trying.

This community is lessened by the loss of even one member especially one who adds as much as you do.

[i]"Life is not tried,
    It just merely survives
    When your standing outside the fire"[/i]

Jake
  • shadow boxer: What Freejack said... plus, you got my email, I hope.

Don't stop boxing those shadows!

------------------
    We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. .. We are one.
    No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. .. We are one.
    - Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles, The Paragon of Animals
    Webmaster [url="http://www.Sprungtor.de"]www.Sprungtor.de[/url]
  • Wait for our next releases. You will fall on your knees and praise the developers.

Freespace 2 : The Babylon project

[This message has been edited by Skullar (edited 03-18-2002).]
  • WarleaderWarleader Inmate: Babylon Project Mental Health Facility
    GREEN ANACONDA LLORT SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [quote]Originally posted by Warleader:
    [b]GREEN ANACONDA LLORT SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
    Hey you! Long time no see!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Look! even Warleader has come out to say he doesnt want you to go

------------------
    GREEN
    ARDVARK
    WATERCOOLER
    COFFEE?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I, too, will miss you, Shadowboxer.

Your effort, while a bit extreme for one person to take on, was so focused, your dedication just so intense. Were it anything other than this (perhaps cursed) game, you'd meet lady victory in just a few days.

Shadowboxer, you were the perfect example of a Babylon 5 fan, as well as a great artist. I bid you adieu.
  • There will be other children... Err, I mean chances.

------------------
    "God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."
  • Stay!!!!!!!!!
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    [quote]Originally posted by ZocaloHobo:
    [b]Stay!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]

He will stay.
    trust me. i have spoken with him at icq [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]

orginaly posted by shaddowboxer:
    [quote]
    thanks man.... I will return somehow....

I've had a very rough few days.... give me some time [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
    [/quote]

[This message has been edited by Alpha-1 (edited 03-19-2002).]
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [quote]Originally posted by Warleader:
    [b]GREEN ANACONDA LLORT SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]

Daaaaamn! I've GOT to get me one of those!

-R.

------------------
    [i]"...Never start a fight...but [b]always[/b] finish it."[/i]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 03-19-2002).]
    [quote]Originally posted by Alpha-1:
    [b]
    He will stay.
    trust me. i have spoken with him at icq [/b][/quote]

Yes, he will be back. It took a lot of convincing, but I managed to convince him to stay the night he posted this. If he backs down, then I'll just have to hurt him. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------