Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I love long haul flights for one reason only

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Y'know, it's too bad Allegiance didn't sell better. That has a very good combination of the two genres.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    Yeah Hartsblade... neither can I... but these things take time, which is in short supply.

yes we have worked out how to make sure their is a turnstile on the survey...

you just have to make sure that whomever you send to the site fills in your name correctly before doing the survey, persons filling it in can also choose to just leave that field blank and only put in thier details rather than the 'headhunters' first.
    incidentally I'm beginning to think the incentive ranks are a little too high... they may come down a bit if do not see enough people acheiving them.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [quote]Originally posted by shadow boxer:
    [b]incidentally I'm beginning to think the incentive ranks are a little too high... they may come down a bit if do not see enough people acheiving them.

[/b][/quote]

I tend to agree with you, although you never know. I just cant forsee many people getting 150+ signatures...

------------------
    [i]"Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."[/i] G'Kar, Season 3
    Please check out my Babylon 5 RPG/Stratagy game [url="http://rhett12.freeservers.com"]here[/url].
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    SB: Make the survey page take an argument. That argument will be the name of the person who referred the surveyee to that site. For example, I would then send people the link "www.thesurvey.com/survey.php?name=biggles", and my name would go down on the form that they fill in. Also make the name uneditable when using this method.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I asked SB if it was all right to take a look at the questions in his questionnaire. This is the revised questionaire that I came up with. SB is still working on the final, so I'm not sure what questions will be used. He suggested I post the questions I came up with here and get everyones opinions, let me know what you think.

Jake

--------------------------------------------

Video Gaming Questionnaire

1) Please indicate your gender
     Male
     Female

2) Please indicate your age group
     Under 15
     15-18
     18-25
     25-45
     Over 45

[i]I figured it would be good to have this info also[/i]

3) Of the PC games you have purchased in the last year please list them by genre (Indicated the number purchased in each category)
    ___ First Person Shooter (Quake, Red Faction)
    ___ Real Time Strategy (Starcraft, ???)
    ___ Turn Based Strategy (need example)
    ___ Sims (Simcity, Roller Coaster Tycoon)
    ___ God Sims (Civilization, Black and White)
    ___ Role Playing Game (Balder’s Gate, ????)
    ___ Racing Simulator (Nascar)
    ___ Flight Simulator (Microsoft Flight Simulator, ????)
    ___ Space Combat Simulator (Wing Commander, Freespace)
    ___ Other

[i]I combined the number of games purchased into this question, helping to break the games purchased down by genre.[/i]

4) Of the following genres please list your three favorites (Select Three)
     First Person Shooter (Quake, Red Faction)
     Real Time Strategy (Starcraft, ???)
     Turn Based Strategy (????)
     Sims (Simcity, Roller Coaster Tycoon)
     God Sims (Civilization, Black and White)
     Role Playing Game (Balder’s Gate, ????)
     Racing Simulator (Nascar, Dirt Track Racing)
     Flight Simulator (Microsoft Flight Simulator, ????)
     Space Combat Simulator (Wing Commander, Freespace)
     Other

[i]I structured this question so it would be easy to set up on a web site. Though I am not real familiar with web site design, I figured it would be easier to ask them to select three of their favorites, rather than rank them. If it can be made easy for the person being surveyed to rank them, it should be done that way.[/i]

5) At what outlet do you most often purchase your PC games? (Select One)
     Internet Retailer (Amazon.com, ????)
     Mail Order (not internet)
     Direct From Publisher
     Software Only Retailers (Electronics Boutique, ????)
     Electronics Stores (Best Buy, Circuit City)
     Discount Retailers (Wal-Mart, Target)
     Other

[i]Yet another question I thought would be good info, help you figure out what outlets people purchase their games.[/i]

6) When you purchase PC games from a store are you more likely to buy games…
     With full packaging and documentation , possibly with extras such as collector’s pins
    Or
     With a simple jewel case and minimal documentation

[i]I changed this question to take out the money part. It’s been my experience if you ask any questions concerning money you will skew your answers. If you ask a question on a survey that gives a more expensive choice Vs a cheaper choice, many people will go for the cheaper choice, where as the reality is, that customer may purchase the more expensive items due to things like name brand, and packaging.[/i]

7) A) Which of the following space combat simulations series or games have you played
     X-wing Series
     Wing Commander Series
     Freespace Series
     I-war Series
     [i]Need more choices[/i]
     I do not play space sims

B) Of the games listed above which did you find most enjoyable? (Select One)
     X-wing Series
     Wing Commander Series
     Freespace Series
     I-war Series
     [i]Need more choices[/i]

C) In regards to the previous question, what features of that game did you find the most enjoyable?
     Story and Story line
     Quality of Graphics
     Game play (Mission layout, control interface)
     Realistic Physics
     Cinematic Cutscenes
     Artwork (ship designs, backdrop designs)
     ????
     Other

[i]I added questions B and C to get an idea which space sims they liked the most and why.[/i]

8) Which of the following space combat simulators would you most like to see introduced or reintroduced? (Select One)
     Another installment of X-Wing
     Another installment of Wing Commander
     Another installment of Freespace
     A Babylon 5 Space Sim
     ?????

[i]Rather than ask whether someone felt space sims are do for a resurgence I felt it would be easier to measure if you asked people what they wanted rather then their opinions.[/i]

9) How familiar are you with the TV series Babylon 5?
     Never heard of it
     Slightly familiar
     Familiar
     Very Familiar
     Fanatical

10) A) Have you player the PC game Homeworld
     Yes
     No
    B) If so what feature of the game did you enjoy the most? (Select One)
     ????
     ????

[i]I added B to question 10 to help determine what about Homeworld game players enjoyed (Since I have not played Homeworld, I did not fill in the features)

Note: Any question marks indicate more choices or more examples are needed[/i]
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Role Playing Game: Fallout 2 is old but one of the best. Arcanum is newer one. Baldur's Gate is more like hack'n slash imo but widely know.
    Turn Based Strategy: Civilization
    Flight Simulator: Falcon 4 is quite old but has stable fan base.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    More space combat sim titles:

Tachyon
    Terminus
    Allegiance (not widely known, I suppose, but hey, I'm a fan....)

Also, it would be a travesty not to list Ultima among the RPGs.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • 3) Turn based strategy: Space Empires IV
    8) A new series with a different style from previous games. [i]wording, ugh. In other words, ITF without the license. The B5 thing would turn certain people off to an otherwise wonderful game, but we need not collect [u]that[/u] data.[/i]
    Turn based strategies: Civilisation, Alpha Centauri, Masters of Orion.

------------------

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • Ah, looks like the questionnaire matures [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img].

I haven't too much time. But one thing would be interesting: Could we include a question about the mods?

With questions including:
    - Have you played a so-called B5 'mod' (modification) of any game? Which one?
    - Why did you play it? (I like the game, I like B5, I like to play such a game in the B5 universe,...)
    - Did the mod(s) you played satisfy your desire to play such a B5 game? (Yes, No-still would love to play a unique B5 game, No-there could never ne enough B5 games)

You surely find other questions. These are just illustrations for the "mod question idea".

------------------
    We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. .. We are one.
    No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. .. We are one.
    - Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles, The Paragon of Animals
    Webmaster [url="http://www.Sprungtor.de"]www.Sprungtor.de[/url]
    thanks for the input guys, you'll have a crude alpha to play with soon enough.

Jakes chops and changes have been assimilated and he has some very strong points.

please keep in mind that if anyones suggestions dont make it into the mix then please dont take it personally, I thought I had it right straight off the bat.. but... of course it wasn't... so.. we all live and learn...
    Thanks for the examples guys, my poor brain can always come up with concepts but has a horrible time finding examples. Makes for a really tuff time winning an argument with a wife who can remember everything.

------------------
    [i]This is crazy. I hope I haven't brain my damaged.[/i]

[i]If only I could get my hands on that gunner...If only I had hands[/i] Murry the Evil Skull
    Keep in mind fellas the ONLY reason this qhole survey is being done is to PROVE the market for NeoITF... while the mods are good things... do we really want to confuse issues ? and remember the golden rule... ten questions... otherwise your punter is going to walk... [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

consise is the key
  • [quote]Originally posted by shadow boxer:
    [b]Keep in mind fellas the ONLY reason this qhole survey is being done is to PROVE the market for NeoITF... while the mods are good things... do we really want to confuse issues ? and remember the golden rule... ten questions... otherwise your punter is going to walk... [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

consise is the key[/b][/quote]

Understood... but the B5 mods are there mostly because people want to play a "B5ITF-like" game, aren't they? Plus, people could say: I have plenty of mods, so why buy NeoITF (Sorry, but that sounds like a silly name to me [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img])?
    So, I still feel the mods having a strong relationship to this effort. And there are questions regarding the B5 mods worth getting answered in respect to such a project.

------------------
    We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. .. We are one.
    No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. .. We are one.
    - Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles, The Paragon of Animals
    Webmaster [url="http://www.Sprungtor.de"]www.Sprungtor.de[/url]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Freejack:

Question Ten, Section B should read plural:

[quote][i][b]What feature(s) of the game did you enjoy the most?[/b][/i][/quote]

I have more than one to list... [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    I like all features of ITF, so we must go on. We must return the game into developing.

Shadow, you are a cool guy, let 's do the impossible thing. And so we are going forward...

with vorlonic Regards

Chicky

P.s.: The Germans are staying every Time here, at FirstOnes....

------------------
    The best Hope is Future and the future made us stronger.
    The fight for the game is now full with heavy flames.
    So fängt es also an...

BoardMember at [url="http://www.paraworlds.com"]http://www.paraworlds.com[/url]

[This message has been edited by Chicky (edited 02-03-2002).]
    ITS UP !

but its NOT active, there is no backend to the survey, any data you enter will just dissapear up its own binary bottom so don't use it yet.

it has only been put up for comment on the CONTENT AND STRUCTURE of the survey, you my friends are my brothers and my editors.. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

have a look... post comments here, but please, please o please, dont waste your time actually filling it in. There is nowhere for the data to go yet and there wont be till the questions and the actual survey is formalised.

The first page you go to from that link will be a pop up which filters for Firstones filling in the survey by proxy and genuine 'punters'.

We'll try and make sure that your Firstones ID is your survey ID. Its a question of groking them off the server ( Striker TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS ), or pre-registering all 2500+ of you.. which... I dont really want to do... this is a technical issue which we will have to resolve shortly.

Suffice to say that you will not be forgotten and you will get the goodies you earn. The benchmarks for those goodies are still under review. I think it best if we wait and see just how well the collection goes. Perhaps only the top 50 get the 'gold goodies', followed by the 51 to 100 placegetters get the 'silver goodies', and the 101 to 150 get the 'bronze goodies'.

ok guys... tell me what you think...

[This message has been edited by shadow boxer (edited 02-05-2002).]

[This message has been edited by shadow boxer (edited 02-05-2002).]
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Looks fine to me... will take a closer look later though.

Nice to see progress is being made! Keep up the good work mate!

------------------
    'The future is all around us' G'kar
    'I have no surviving enemies! None what so ever!' Galen

Visit my B5 site at: [url="http://www.nialb5.com"]www.NialB5.com[/url].
    SB, Looks good, esp. like the ability to "write in" your choice on the last couple questions. Lets see what happens!

------------------

[i]If only I could get my hands on that gunner...If only I had hands[/i] Murry the Evil Skull
  • looks good...only one concern.

If the first page is how you plan on tracking FirstOnes (which is fine as long as the FirstOne is entering the data), how will you track data entered by someone that is sent to the site by a FirstOne (short of me giving that person my ID and password)? Maybe having a "Referred by:" box would help.

------------------
    "And there is nothing more dangerous then a man with nothing to lose. Nothing to live for and nothing to prove."
    [i]Brendan Perry, Dead Can Dance[/i]
    Oh hell yeah Hartsblade...

damn..... ok then we need a soloution to that.. and one escapes me at the moment...

any ideas fellas ?

by the way I say again.... translators.. please pipe up...

I have a Malay and German(Deutch), translation coming allready.
  • I know you want to avoid having all of us register, but if we do register, then you could assign each of us a unique reference number that we could give to people to enter on the form when we refer them. Something like..

"Hey Joe,

Go over to "www.ITFsurvey.com" and check out the survey. Make sure you enter the this refered by code...1234.

Thanks,
    me"

Then on the form...

"If you were refered to this page by someone please enter the reference code here________"

What do you think?

------------------
    "And there is nothing more dangerous then a man with nothing to lose. Nothing to live for and nothing to prove."
    [i]Brendan Perry, Dead Can Dance[/i]

[This message has been edited by Hartsblade (edited 02-05-2002).]
    SB, Just a note, last time I checked Alpha Centuri wasn't really a beat'em up game, unless you guys know something I don't. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    "Syd Meyers Alpha Centuari" = Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. And definetly NOT beat'em up.

Answering to some questions seems to cancel previous answers. It happen with those questions which have point answer marks (at least "Where do you prefer to purchase your games", "Whom do you prefer to purchase your games from", "How familiar are you with Babylon 5").
    Some of the questions have only one answer so clicking on a second just changes your answer.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see what you mean, clicking the answer in one question removes the answer in another, guess I should check things out before I open my big mouth [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/eek.gif[/img]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Freejack (edited 02-05-2002).]
    SB, when do you think you'll be ready for the survey to go "live"?
    I'm sorry, "Hardcorz"??? WTF???

------------------

yeah I know.... no examples of beat em ups...

it should say 'Tekken, Soulblade, WWF'

I like Hartsblades Idea... mind you the onus will be on YOU to make sure that if you do refer people to the site that they get that code right... or you will get nothing but the fuzzy glow of karma rather than any trick goodies from the new company.

Shall we adopt the 'reference code' idea ?

Biggles... climb out of your nutient tank sometimes... Hardcorz - hard cores... people who game on when thier house is buring down... sheesh...
    Yes, I know that. But it's a very bad word to use in a survey that is meant to sound official.

------------------