Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Technomage trilogy

I just read the third book of the series [i]Invoking Darkness[/i]. Wow.

Just one oddity: the title. Book#2 was entitled [i]Summoning Light[/i]. From what I've just read, the titles for books 2 and 3 should be switched! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
There are 3 things in life I never forget: my friends, my enemies, and my access codes.
Never put gasoline in a fire extinguisher.
"No government, no dictator can hold an imprisioned population by force of arms forever. There is no power in the universe greater than the need for freedom. Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies [i]cannot stand[/i]." - G'Kar, [i]The Long Twighlight Struggle[/i]

Comments

• JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Likely it was done on purpose...

[img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • in invoking darkness the author went a little too far by showing john sheriden as a complete dummy. Galen had to tell poor ol' johny the idea in shadow random attack tactics, as well as how to nuke the capital and the eye. For me that was a big turn-off, i kinda imagined john to be more or less competent when it comes to military procedures, especially nukes
  • I think that is why the writer said that John Sheridan would have figured it out by himself, if he had enough sleep - but galen couldn't risk that
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    the trilogy was very good
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    The trilogy was excellent and as for showing him how to nuke the capitol John already had that planned but didn't know that the eye would've shot it out of the sky..
    spoilers.........alert
    Thats why Galen went into the eye to disable it so John's plan would work.Interesting enough that it was Weirden at the heart of the machine and when Galen worked out the no equation theory the eye itself weanted to be shut down......

------------------
    "When it is time,come to this place,call our name,we will be here"-Walkers of Sigma957
    [url="http://ifh.firstones.com"]I've Found Her-Babylon 5 free game[/url]

[This message has been edited by whitestar90 (edited 02-04-2002).]
  • Spoilers
    I don't think it's a matter of the eye wanting to be shut down - it just couldn't function without it's heart/mind of the technomage
  • Spoilers
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    The eye wanted to be shut down because it was made out of those machine people things. The eye was essentially a group of sentient minds bent to the shadows' will. Once their control was removed by the equation with no terms, they wanted to thwart the shadows plans and end their own misery.

I LOVED the last book. After the first two were so depressing, it was nice to be left with a happy ending. Even if a happy ending is so un-JMS.
  • I still disagree - remember anna, she wasn't her own being anymore - she could never come back, she would always want the eye - with it gone, they just turn to furthure caos, they a lost - nothing more