Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So What we know about TMOS?

Babylon6Babylon6 Earthforce Officer
Had a trawl around and there seems to be various things that are known and various things that are not known.

Anyone care to enlighten me? Some of the Usenet stuff appears to hint a lot but I can't get to the established stuff.

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    While none of this is confirmed (though very strongly hinted at) it is most likely to be a movie (or movies, as Ed Wasser hinted...) about the telepath war and leftover shadow technology (the story that Crusade would have told?). Maybe they will deal with the plague but that seems unlikely because people new to B5 wouldn't know what the plague was.

We know that changes had to be made to TMOS when Richard Biggs passed beyond the rim :( so we know at least some of the B5 cast will be involved.

I think Dr Franklin will still be involved, he won't be played by someone else but it will be something like:

"Sheridan, you have a message from Dr Franklin" he goes over to the monitor, the screen fades out. Then the next seen he is talking about what Dr Franklin said to the others.

I probably have left things out that I can't remember. Someone else please feel free to fill in the rest.

Worf
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]... (or movies, as Ed Wasser hinted...)
    [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that was in reference to the DVD box set.
    I don't. He said he would love to be in one of the B5 movies. It is difficult to be in something that is already created.

Worf
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]I don't. He said he would love to be in one of the B5 movies. It is difficult to be in something that is already created.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]
    Well, hayden christensen managed to get into Return of the Jedi, so....
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I find it hard to believe it will be a movie, assuming it has anything to do with the Crusade story, Telepath War etc. Those are just TOO big to solve, wrap up or even tell a good story about in just 1 hour 30 minutes. I'm hoping it'll be more along the lines of a mini if it does involve either the Drakh or Telepath wars.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]I find it hard to believe it will be a movie, assuming it has anything to do with the Crusade story, Telepath War etc. Those are just TOO big to solve, wrap up or even tell a good story about in just 1 hour 30 minutes. I'm hoping it'll be more along the lines of a mini if it does involve either the Drakh or Telepath wars. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lord of the Rings wasn't a single 90 minute movie...

Worf
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    But still bigger just that than one movie....
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Well, I somehow doubt that it's the Telepath war too.
    Not because of any movie-length-issues, but because of what jms said at hawthorne high:
    [quote]
    Q: [In the techno-mage trilogy books,] the way they explained the Mages, even more than in the shows, will that ever be shown in terms of video, movie or anything?

JMS: That...relates to...the initials I erased over here a moment ago.
    [/quote]

Wich hints at the Crusade story beeing used in the film, or at least the Techno-mages.
    Now, the techno-mages were in hiding during the Telepath war, and the whole Crusade-EA thing (beeing vague for the people who haven't read the scripts for the last episodes) probably wasn't ready then either.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I know its already been established that its not, but I would like to see some things on the Dilgar War. Kind of show us how we got to be so cocky before we met the Mimbari. "We can handle the Dilgar, we can handle the Mimbari" lol, poor suckers.

Perhaps, and Im just throwing out a guess here, but the movie wont be a generalized as everyone is thinking it might be. This project got the greenlight because of how well the DVD's did. If you guys remember the first season flew off the shelves faster than WB could stock them, perhaps they are banking on those same fans to watch the movie, and it will be a little more detail oriented. Will it be harder for non-fans to pick up on everything? Yes, but we have already shown there is a huge market for a B5 movie based on DVD sales alone.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I thought we knew for sure it's a feature length Film Movie, but we just only have hints about what it is about?

:)
  • Thats what I thought as well. JMS's comment about a 2.35:1 hole in a wall seemed pretty conclusive. And a movie does not have to be 1 hour 30 minutes. In fact, thats actually a realatively short movie. I think stanard movie length is about 2 hours, and they often extend beyond that
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I must say that if the movie turned out to be 90 minutes...I'd be a little disappointed. Personally, I'd love to have a truly epic b5 film come into the scene and just blow everyone away. And I guess this is pretty much what we all hope for, but that's just what I seem to be thinking right now. :D
    JMS has stated that he doesn't want to compete with Star Wars, so I don't think we will hear much about the B5 movie until after the excitement of Episode 3 has passed. Soon Mr Lucas will start building up the hype for it with the release of the teaser trailer in a month or so.

Worf
  • I wouldn't be counting on SW 3 the only reason Im gonna see it is to here James Earl Jones at the end.