Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New B5 Table top game!

WORFWORF The Burninator
Mongoose games have released a new tabletop game for B5, the website is [URL=http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/series.php?qsSeries=28]here[/URL] .

The starter set contains only card pieces but considering the number of ships (enough for a sizable fleet of all the major races, including the Vorlons and Shadows) I think it was a good idea to include them rather than a limited number of miniatures.

The miniatures themselves will be sold seperately and can replace the card tokens from the starter set.

The guy I spoke to in the shop told me that they are using the same artists that worked on the Agents of Gaming B5 game, I saw some pictures of the miniatures and they look very impressive. There are pictures on the site too.

The game can be combined with the RPG or it can be played standalone.

Anyway, I thought I should post about it here.

Worf

Comments

• FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Wow that looks cool, I've been interested in table-top games for a long time, but never found one I liked enough to invest the money, looks like I found one.

Anybody know much about Mongooses game system? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time to learn a complicated system (like the old Battletech) but some of the newer systems are quicker to pick up (new Battletech).

Jake
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I bought a copy, once I've had a look through the rules I will let you know if I think its difficult or not.

It comes with two books, one for the rules and the other with all the ship information (pretty useful).

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the pretty steep prices of the Race Miniature boxsets ($100 each!) but luckily they sell individual ships too.

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You know, those miniatures bear a pronounced resemblance to the AOG minis, except with different mounting points. I'm wondering if they somehow acquired the AOG molds, or if they reverse engineered them from finished miniatures. I suppose I'll have to wait until I see an unassembled one.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    COOL. Been waiting for something like this for ages... :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]You know, those miniatures bear a pronounced resemblance to the AOG minis, except with different mounting points. I'm wondering if they somehow acquired the AOG molds, or if they reverse engineered them from finished miniatures. I suppose I'll have to wait until I see an unassembled one. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wouldn't suprise me one bit, I mean, why reinvent the wheel? ;)