Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Slanted Beds

ok somebody(*cough* Phi *cough*) had the audacity to say that the idea of a ship's beds being slanted was something that Babylon 5 invented when clearly it was a DS9 idea. i'm expecting your guy's support on this as DS9 is clearly a better oxygen-filled-chunk-of-metla-floating-in-space style show than Babylon 5

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    B5 invented it.
  • Thne how do you explain the slanted beds on the Defiant
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    The beds were slanted on the [i]Defiant[/i]? I remember the bunks, but no slants.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    ya there were only the bunks on the defiant. and plus the defiant didnt show up till season 4? (maybe 3) of DS9 long after B5 had done it.
  • Re: Slanted Beds

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Legolas [/i]
    [B]i'm expecting your guy's support on this as DS9 is clearly a better oxygen-filled-chunk-of-metla-floating-in-space style show than Babylon 5 [/B][/QUOTE]

1. Totaly opinion.

2. You expect support for previously metioned opinion on a B5 forum site?

Not trying to flame but you don't quite seem ot have your ducks all in a row.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Legolas [/i]
    [B]Thne how do you explain the slanted beds on the Defiant [/B][/QUOTE]

If any of the bunks on the Defiant were ever slanted, then they must have been broken or something. Plus, as has been mentioned, the Defiant didn't show up till well after B5 had shown the Minbari using slanted beds.
    It sounds to me like you're just trolling. We arn't too fond of trolls here.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Umm...those slanted beds were in the infirmary on DS9. POSSIBLY in the medical bay on the Defiant as well.

At any rate, does it really matter? Its not like they're an original idea anyways. This isn't a penis comparison contest dude. We don't care who did what first. There are those of us that rather enjoyed both series, and we don't need trolls like you stirring the pot.
    DS9 is the one Star Trek series I think is worth buying all of on DVD.
    Slanted [i]medical[/i] beds? Well, that's different.

They had those all the way back to TOS. They would be fully vertical, and the patient would stand against them, and then Dr. McCoy would push a button or something so the bed would rotate until the patient was flat.

So, neither B5 nor DS9 invented the idea of slanted beds, if you consider those.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Slanted [i]medical[/i] beds? Well, that's different.

They had those all the way back to TOS. They would be fully vertical, and the patient would stand against them, and then Dr. McCoy would push a button or something so the bed would rotate until the patient was flat.

So, neither B5 nor DS9 invented the idea of slanted beds, if you consider those. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think you just killed a thread. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stingray [/i]
    [B]I think you just killed a thread. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

A swift death is better for all concerned, I should think. ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]DS9 is the one Star Trek series I think is worth buying all of on DVD. [/B][/QUOTE]

Especially when you consider the comedic value of the ferengi episodes. :D That one where they go to save "Moogi" from the dominion was hilarious. :laugh: Then theres "Little Green Men". :D
    I think the tribbles episode was one of the best. It was so incredibly well written and made.

"[i]That's[/i] a Klingon? What happened?"
    "We do not like to talk about it."
  • :D

I wish I'd watched that one when the series was still shown here on the local channels. (Oh well, at least Spike TV is airing DS9 again here in the States.:cool: ) That series certainly was a helluva lot better than ST:V-I'm-too-disgusted-to-name-it-at-all.:rolleyes: :p
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Especially when you consider the comedic value of the ferengi episodes. :D That one where they go to save "Moogi" from the dominion was hilarious. :laugh: Then theres "Little Green Men". :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Iggy Pop made the best Vorta ever.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Iggy Pop made the best Vorta ever. [/B][/QUOTE]

Was he the prisoner Vorta or the thick southwestern accent Vorta? I always remembered that one, because it was just so out there. I mean, the first pronounced drawl we hear on Star Trek comes out a race that's supposed to be oily and officious, not a bunch of big-eared cowboys.
    [B]I think the tribbles episode was one of the best. It was so incredibly well written and made.

"[i]That's[/i] a Klingon? What happened?"
    "We do not like to talk about it." [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, the second line is

"We do not discuss it with outsiders!"
    Yeah, well, it's been a while since I've seen any DS9. :)
    [B]Yeah, well, it's been a while since I've seen any DS9. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Lucky for me, I captured it. ;)
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Must of been a big net to capture DS9... :D
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    badum [i]ching[/i] :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Striker [/i]
    [B]Must of been a big net to capture DS9... :D [/B][/QUOTE]

You know, it was a real hard to lug it all the way back here to Earth and shove it into my computer, but I got the job done. ;)
  • He must've used one hell of a cloaking device since no one here seemed to notice...;)
  • whats ds9 anyway :p
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by An ex-Squid [/i]
    [B]He must've used one hell of a cloaking device since no one here seemed to notice...;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Pays to have allies in Area 51 and the SGC, and to have the financial resources of David Xanatos at my disposal. ;)