Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Coming of Shadows DVD

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone of you that have bought season2 of B5 on DVD have had major problems with the Coming of Shadows episode? Major problems would be huge scanlines that become more clear the faster things move in the frames. It looks like a BetaSP gone bad or something. But the weird thing is that it is only that episode on the disc. The others are fine.

You who have that episode have no problems? They are EXTREMELY obvious to the viewer. It completely spoils the images and experience for that matter.

I'm running the region2 version.

I would be glad for some input, guys!

Cheers!

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    My R1 version is fine. You should be able to return that and get a replacement version.
  • Cheers, I'll look into that!
  • Whow...now THERE is someone I haven't seen in awhile...

Stay around this time will ya T.Banner?

Otherwise I'll do my trademark snotstar effect to your Sharlin. :D
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    Re: Coming of Shadows DVD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Banner [/i]
    [B]Hey!

I was wondering if anyone of you that have bought season2 of B5 on DVD have had major problems with the Coming of Shadows episode? Major problems would be huge scanlines that become more clear the faster things move in the frames. It looks like a BetaSP gone bad or something. But the weird thing is that it is only that episode on the disc. The others are fine.

You who have that episode have no problems? They are EXTREMELY obvious to the viewer. It completely spoils the images and experience for that matter.

I'm running the region2 version.

I would be glad for some input, guys!

Cheers! [/B][/QUOTE]

it is a mastering error on the rc2 dvds. you have to live with that:(
    btw do you watch the dvds on pc or tv. the lines should not appear as strong on the tv as on the pc.
    and they apperar only in the first couple of minutes.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Whow...now THERE is someone I haven't seen in awhile...

Stay around this time will ya T.Banner?

Otherwise I'll do my trademark snotstar effect to your Sharlin. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh great....

Now you'll be the one that pissed off the Minbari which will end up bringing us to the brink of extinction. :(
  • Re: Re: Coming of Shadows DVD

A2597: I'm always here :p watching, lurking, planning, stir frying..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alpha-1 [/i]
    [B]it is a mastering error on the rc2 dvds. you have to live with that:(
    btw do you watch the dvds on pc or tv. the lines should not appear as strong on the tv as on the pc.
    and they apperar only in the first couple of minutes. [/B][/QUOTE]

Buggar!!!

Well, here's something weird. Playing it from my PS2 the lines are everywhere almost all the time. Watching it from my DVD player there are almost no problems! Watching it from my DVD drive I have almost no problems either. I reckon it's gotta be my PS2 and that episode that don't like each other. Weird, it is only that episode on the disc acting up like that on the PS2.