Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

freespace2 mod weapon loadout not displayed in multiplayer

MR DMR D Earthforce Officer
Hi All,

I have an issue with getting the multiplayer working.

In weapon loadout, there is no weapons displayed, In other words their empty, and therefore i can't play the multiplayer game.

I'm stuck i cant get this to work, the only success i had with multiplayer is when i installed TBP ver 1 the earth minbari war,
Only the first mission works,
thats the one protecting the transport. The others were the same as TBP ver 2

I am running windows xp, and this is what i did to install mod:

# Install Freespace 2 and install latest official Freespace 2 patch.
# Install The Babylon Project Release 2 to the folder you installed Freespace 2 (default: C:\Games\Freespace 2).
# Install released The Babylon Project patches.
# Launch Freespace 2.
# Select a campaign which works with The Babylon Project Release 2. (Note: Main FS2 campaign is selected by default.)
# Play.

Again single player is working fine, it's multiplayer thats giving me the headaches

Help ....

Mr D

Comments

• Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Did you really feel the need to post it in both forums? :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight....you installed TBP v2, and want to play the main FS2 campaign. Sorry, but thats not going to work. See, TBP uses a completely custom weapons table and none of the weapons that the main campaign call for exist in it. Thats why when you play the main campaign, you have no weapons to use. The weapons that the mission calls for don't exist as far as FS2 is concerned.
  • MR DMR D Earthforce Officer
    Hi Vertigo1, Apologies I dont mean to piss people off, it's just that i can't find anywhere the information i'm looking for.

Yes i installed TBP v2, I am not referring to the main FS2 campaign, The main campaign babylon5 is fine, that works ok.
    I know you can't choose the weapons.

I'm referring to the multiplayer mod.
    It asks you to assign weapons, but there are non there so it won't let you go any further.

My simple question is, Can you play multiplayer or not?
    even though it seems you can by the menu screens.
    And if so I don't know why mine isn't working. If you got a pic of the screen with multiplayer missions i would like to compare.

I can send you mine, im just not at home right now.

Cheers

Mr D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Honestly, I've never tried TBP in multiplayer. Unfortunately, with the death of PXO months ago, I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.

You might want to post about it [url=http://www.3dap.com/hlp/]here[/url].
  • MR DMR D Earthforce Officer
    Thanks Again Vertigo, PXO is the other option in multiplayer, I'm just trying to get the tcp lan going. I'm sure there will be someone out there that knows the answer. Bab5 lan multiplayer would roc.

Much Appreciated

MR D