Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Best books?

Hey - I just got the legions of fire series at the bookstore, but now I'm wondering what other books are "must read" in the B5 universe...??

TIA

Comments

• VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    There's quite a few books, but the ones that are considered canon are:

Dark Genesis, Deadly Relations, Final Reckoning: These make up the Psi Corps trilogy, and are all good reads. Some people may be thrown by Dark Genesis a little bit (it takes place quite some time before the series), but it's still a good read, and essential for plot developments in the other two books.

To Dream In The City of Sorrows: This one basically fills in the backstories of Sinclair, Sakai, and Marcus during the second season of the show.

The Shadow Within: Takes place before the series, and tells the story of Anna's trip to Z'Ha'Dum.

There's also Legions of Fire, which you've already go, as well as the Passing of the Technomages trilogy, which I haven't read yet.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I've read the Lgeions of Fire trilogy and its brilliant! Really enjoyed them. I found The Shadow Within a bit weak, wasn't as well written. I'm on book 2 of the Technomage series and so far have been completely buried in them. Great reads! Might read the PSi Corp ones next.
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    Where can ya buy em?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Imhotep: Agreed. I like the Psi Corps books most.
  • The 3 trilogies mentionned are all great, although pretty different in tone. I also recommend [u]In the Beginning[/u] and [u]Thirdspace[/u] written by Peter David who has a great grip of the B5 feel, IMHO. Both gives out more details than the T.V movies they are based upon.

Which brings me to the "I can't wait to get home" statement as I know my B5 movies box-set was delivered this PM ... :D :cool:

@Cabl3Guy : Ask your local bookseller or try an online store like [url]www.amazon.com[/url]
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    WELL HEY A NEW RECRUIT WELCOME TO THE INSANIY! THE NUTS IN THE FRIDGE & THE BEERS ALL OVER THE PLACE!
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    I enjoyed "To Dream In the City of Sorrows", a nice abridging of what happened to Sinclair between leaving B5 as commander and coming back as Ambassador.

I agree Bekenn and Imhotep, the Psi Corps are a definite read if you want more info on Bester and the Psi Corps.
  • Andy La RubinAndy La Rubin Earthforce Officer
    Am I the only one here who doesn't like Peter David's B5 books (Legions of Fire trilogy and both novelizations) ?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Maybe, maybe not; I wasn't really all that impressed with [i]Legions of Fire[/i], either, but I did still find them worth reading.
  • As for liking Peter David, it's bizarre, really. I remember trying to read Legions of Fire a few years back and giving it up after a few chapters. Last year, when I began collecting B5 stuff, I gave it a second chance and was satisfied. Maybe because I learned since then to appreciate David's work on Star Trek and Hulk?
    The best way to appreciate any B5 novel is to concentrate on the story rather than the way it is told. That is especially true for the first volume of the Psi Corps trilogy.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]WELL HEY A NEW RECRUIT WELCOME TO THE INSANIY! THE NUTS IN THE FRIDGE & THE BEERS ALL OVER THE PLACE! [/B][/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the greeting !

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Samsomael [/i][B]I enjoyed "To Dream In the City of Sorrows", a nice abridging of what happened to Sinclair between leaving B5 as commander and coming back as Ambassador. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Absolutely, I forgot to mention this one which is really one of the best and canon since written by the wife of the Great Maker...