Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate: Atlantis pilot discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    ah...just not in those threads then...oh well. :D

on a side note...I SHOULD be able to finally WATCH atlantis tonight.

the 16th was my BDay, so, had family over, and we were eating cake when atlantis aired. I taped it of course, but then saturday was to busy, sunday Dad was busy (He wanted to watch it, but)

so...tonight...one way or another
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]WORF: The wraith's remind you of the Vong? How? They aren't physically disfigured, they don't enjoy pain for the hell of it. They don't disfigure anyone they capture. They definitely don't use slaves and appear to worship any 'gods'. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Good points, but if you imagine the Wraith disfiguring themselves...

Maybe it was the clothes or something. I dont know I just kept thinking of the Yuuzhan Vong when they appeared.

Worf
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I thought it was good. Liked the Wrathe/Wraith (However its spelled). Liked the characters. Has definite possibilities.
  • two thumbs up, definitely want to see more of it
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    anyone know when its going to be on UK tv?
  • maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    Whats it all about as in S. Africa the 3rd or fourth series of Stargate has yet to be shown!Maybe in about 3 to 4 years!!:(:(:(

maxdamage.

Still nice to see hear about it!:robot:
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]ah...just not in those threads then...oh well. :D

on a side note...I SHOULD be able to finally WATCH atlantis tonight.

the 16th was my BDay, so, had family over, and we were eating cake when atlantis aired. I taped it of course, but then saturday was to busy, sunday Dad was busy (He wanted to watch it, but)

so...tonight...one way or another [/B][/QUOTE]

Now...if you were a TRUE Stargate fan you would have quietly excused yourself every 5-10 minutes to catch the two hour pilot. :)
    Now here's something I bet you didn't notice...

The female Ancient at the beginning of Stargate Atlantis is the SAME actress from "Frozen" (Season 6). Check out the credits on both episodes. =) It's all fits now. She was the remaining Ancient left to guard/administer the outpost in Antarctica as seen in Stargate Atlantis.

Well, this has to be intentional. Do a smell a future plot line or episode that relates to this?? :)
    Coolness. Didnt care enough to check that one up, but hey its good to know some people do :p

And MaxDamage, SG:Atlantis is kinda like a mix between Ds9 and Voyager, they are stuck on a station in another Galaxy.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Striker [/i]
    [B]

The female Ancient at the beginning of Stargate Atlantis is the SAME actress from "Frozen" (Season 6). Check out the credits on both episodes. =) It's all fits now. She was the remaining Ancient left to guard/administer the outpost in Antarctica as seen in Stargate Atlantis.[/B][/QUOTE]

holy good eye striker, missed that one by about a mile or two. Hopefully they do build on that, knowing our good writers over at sg1, they probably will.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    She looks different from when she did in SG1.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    was it me or was dr whats-her-names husband(?) played by the same guy that played narim (the tolan) in SG1?

im not 100% sure, cos i was only watching a crappy 30MB version of it:(
    Yup, the Tollan person and Weir's boyfriend/husband are the same actor. :)

Worf, she looks different because it's been about 2-3 years since she was in SG-1. In "Frozen" she just came out of ice. How do you expect her to look? :)

In Atlantis she's all dressed up as her normal self.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    saw it a couple days ago finally...

overall fairly good. Might be good, though I shall reserve final judgement for later in the season.

I really dislike the ancient "puddle jumper"s though...UGLY.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    watched it yesterday, and though I haven't watched more than a couple of episodes of SG-1 I liked it. Especially since there isn't really much to choose from regarding SCIFI nowadays.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [B]saw it a couple days ago finally...

overall fairly good. Might be good, though I shall reserve final judgement for later in the season.

I really dislike the ancient "puddle jumper"s though...UGLY. [/B][/QUOTE]

And am I the only one that noticed a remarkable similarity of the design of the puddlejumper and Moya's transport pods in Farscape?
    Yes.
  • I kinda liked it.

As pilots go it kicked *ss!!

Just compare it to other sci-fi pilots:

TNG: Overall ok, ties in nicely with the last episode.
    DS9: Su*ks imo...
    B5: *shudder* (Delenn's make-up) *shudders again*
    SG-1: Decent but not good.

My only disappointment was the over-the-top bad guys, especially the red-haired one... hope she won't be a reacurring character... (she said she was only a guardian/caretaker... whatever...)

I think that it has definite potential.

And btw; I love Enterprise! (that was a good pilot):shadow1:
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    TNG: Pilot Sucked
    DS9: Pilot was okey, I liked it
    VOY: It was good, for voyager:)
    ENT: Very good, I loved it
    SG1: Good
    SGA: Pilot was awsome
  • OMGWTF!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]ENT: Very good, I loved it
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Does this meen that you like 'Enterprise' as well?? :eek:

If so you and I should be stuffed up in the Smithsonian after our deaths.

"The two people on 'Firstones' who actually liked 'Enterprise'" :)

:shadow1:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The enterprise pilot was great, it's just a pity they couldn't follow through with the rest of the series.

Oh, and there is someone else here who likes enterprise... and he's fanatical about it.
  • Indeed!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Oh, and there is someone else here who likes enterprise... and he's fanatical about it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who?

Please do tell!!

Re: OMGWTF!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Demolished Man [/i]
    [B]Does this meen that you like 'Enterprise' as well?? :eek:

If so you and I should be stuffed up in the Smithsonian after our deaths.

"The two people on 'Firstones' who actually liked 'Enterprise'" :)

:shadow1: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Enterprise has been going down hill since the pilot. Except a few episodes.... The last few eps of season three where good. But they blew it on "Nazi Aliens PT. 3" It was a good episode, up untill the the Nazi alien.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    that would be me. Biggles forgot to capslock the FAN in fanatical though. :)

There's only been a couple/few eps of enterprise I didn't like. (The religious zelots last season, for example).

otherwise, top notch stuff.
  • Re: Re: OMGWTF!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]Well But they blew it on "Nazi Aliens PT. 3" It was a good episode, up untill the the Nazi alien. [/B][/QUOTE]

Can't agree more... It was an antiklimax of huge proportions :mad:

• Cool

[B]that would be me. Biggles forgot to capslock the FAN in fanatical though. :)

There's only been a couple/few eps of enterprise I didn't like. (The religious zelots last season, for example).

otherwise, top notch stuff. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice to know there are a few of us around... :D

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I suppose I was the only one who liked the Alien Nazi? Okay, maybe the "alien" part was overkill, but here were my reactions to the episode.

Xindi Weapon goes boom

[i]Hm. I wonder if Archer really is dead. If he is, then maybe they'll change that damned theme song next year.[/i]

Enterprise returns to Earth, finding no one around.

[i]Oh, you thought it would be [b]easy[/b], did you?[/i]

Travis and Trip take a shuttle down to San Francisco, and a rattling sound I know all too well from various airplane dogfight movies comes through the hull.

I begin snickering as I realize they have been marooned in the past. So much for a simple end to the season. [i]Foolish mortals! Starfleet Command can't save you now![/i]

The source of the machine-gun fire is revealed to be a trio of World War II-era P-51 Mustangs.

I laugh out loud, giddy with this new cliffhanger. [i]World War II! They're trapped in World War II! It's official, this is a Star Trek show![/i]

Cut to a dark, rainy area. Nazi officers speak in german about a man they found, in a strange uniform. He is revealed to be Captain Archer, unconscious but alive!

[i]Well, I didn't [b]really[/b] think he was dead anyway.[/i]

The camera pans across two Nazi officers looking at Archer, and a third emerges from the shadows. While in a Nazi uniform, he is [i]not of this world![/i]

I begin a long, somewhat dememnted guffaw. Were anyone watching me, they would surely think me driven mad by the shock of what I was seeing. But no! I was not mad, but delighted! This a far better cliffhanger than Archer and Daneils staring out into the ruins of the future, or [i]Enterprise[/i] zooming towards a pink Pepto-Bismal cloud that turns Klingons inside out. I wanted to know what the [i]hell[/i] was going on, and I couldn't wait for the new season.

[i]Archer and [b]Enterprise[/b] both trapped in World War II, but neither knowing about the others presence. Archer held captive by Nazi soldiers in Europe, one of whom is an alien. And nothing beyond that. Oh, this is going to be a long, fun, speculation filled summer![/i]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The laws of Star Trek, #458: Any time travel will ultimately result in one or more of the crew ending up in the 20th century.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Also, not to get back on topic or anything (gasp, shock of shocks), the first regular episode of Atlantis just ended. Since I tend to lack, um, any sort of discerning taste in matters of drama, I'll restrict my comments to the fact that the opening credits sequence kicked righteous ass.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]The laws of Star Trek, #458: Any time travel will ultimately result in one or more of the crew ending up in the 20th century. [/B][/QUOTE]

What about the one where they ended up in 2004.... Thats in the 21 century.

[quote] Also, not to get back on topic or anything (gasp, shock of shocks), the first regular episode of Atlantis just ended. Since I tend to lack, um, any sort of discerning taste in matters of drama, I'll restrict my comments to the fact that the opening credits sequence kicked righteous ass.[/quote]

I hope so!!