Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 DVD Boxset bargains!

ogoogo Trainee
Check out this page for listings of all the Babylon 5 DVD boxsets - it shows the price at loads of different shops.

[url]http://www.dvdbargains.co.uk/page178.html[/url]

Series 1 is particulary cheap!

Comments

• Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    There's a similar site, [url]www.kelkoo.co.uk[/url] which lets you type in what you're looking for and then searches through a variety of sites to "Get you the best price".

Problem is though, you have to be very specific in your search terms.
  • ogoogo Trainee
    Yes, it's particularly hard when you want a specific series of something - even worse when the series name includes a number!

I normally use [url]www.dvdpricebuster.co.uk[/url] for region 2 DVD price checking.

Series 4 of Babylon 5 is now £38.50 at Choices Direct!
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    My sister just managed to get me Season 3 on DVD for £25.00 from WHSmiths! Apparently its in a sale so for all who are interested, there ya go! Seems too good to be true lol! I haven't actually seen it yet - she just called n said it was there and did I want it? I should have told her to get a couple & flog one on ebay lol :D

Plus my Season 4 DVDs arrived yesterday morning :D Can have a geeky B5 weekend now lol :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Interesting....

ogo: Just so ya know dude, the proper term is [b]season[/b] not series. Series refers to the entire TV show while season refers to a large group of episodes.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    You put the anal in banal vert!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Actually in the UK they say "Series" as a Season, well, some do - It seems the TV commentators do.

Example: "And that was the last episode of the current series" Audience: WHAT??
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    They also print it on DVD Box Sets like "Alias: The Complete Second Series".
    Annoys the heck out of me...
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I think they call them series here because we don't have seasons, shows run here when the BBC, ITV, C4, C5 feel like it, rather than starting in September/October until the summer. Mostly because British made shows (with the exception of soaps) tend to be less than 10 episodes (usually 2-6) and they usually produce them all before airing the first.

Worf
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    you might be onto something there...
    the "american" season might have originated from the word season (like holiday season), because tv shows used to start at the same time, so there was a "tv-season".
    Still, calling a season series is annoying ;) (for the people who aren't used to it)

We have a seperate word for it in german. We have "Serie" for (you guessed right) the whole TV-Series, and "Staffel" for a season.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The season thing is an american invention. It does kinda make sense, too.