Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Nitpicking! Feel free to post here!

JusaJusa Trainee
Well, since I watched season 1 episode 11 (Survivor), I just [B]HAD[/B] to notice the strage technical detail: how on earth did that guy fly from the cobra bays right across the observation dome window!? The cobra bays are on the sides and the observation dome is right below the docking bay, I can't emagine how an explosion could hurl him into one direction and then change his moving direction with 90 degrees...

Oh well, nitpicking ;) :rolleyes:

Now you tell me what other technical oddities you've seen in the series?

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's all about dramatic effect for jms. :)
  • JusaJusa Trainee
    Yep, it certainly was dramatic but it still hit me in the head and I started wondering ;) not that it really bothers me. Or it does, obviously when I was arsed to start this thread :rolleyes:

I also recall some CGI glitch in the station's docking bay, I think in some scenes you could see through the bay to the space behind. Can't recall the season or the exact episodes though...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Simple. Angular moment imparted to spacesuit-guy from the station's spin resulted in him hitting the nonrotating cargo arm of the station. He the ricocheted off the side, and towards the front of the station, just in time for Sinclair to look out and go "Oh, my God." in true Kirkian fashion.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    That works for me!

Actually, this ep is probably my favorite of the eps not written by JMS.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Another one involving the observation deck. In the ep when Sheridan is being sworn in as IA President, the would-be assassin moves a starfury into position outside the observation deck and holds it in a relative position there. Since the station was rotating, it would be extremely difficult to hold the 'fury in a stable position, since it would basically be firing it direction thrusters constantly to counter-act centrifugal forces. Then to move a second fury in tight behind, finally what would happen when you rotated around to the stationary section…

Jake
  • JusaJusa Trainee
    Yep. And did you ever notice that the stars don't spin when looking out of the observation dome? My my, Ivanova's position would be quite nasty, watching spinning stars all day long.
    The starfury thing: Once you had the thrusters firing, you wouldn't have to do much. There is also plenty of clearance at that part of the station for a starfury to fit between the rotating and stationary sections.

The observation dome thing: That was mentioned in one of the dvd commentaries. They couldn't afford to have composite shots with a bluescreen behind the window all the time, given how often that set was used.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Sig check.
    The first two lines are one quote. Why did you make them look like two separate ones by putting a blank line between them?

(It's a nitpicking thread!)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Didnt think about that...