Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Shadows R'us

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
So.. Shadows use humans as center components in their warships.. But what about before human civilization? What did they use?

Or who? Did any humanoid species work? :)

Anything about that in the books?

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I believe pretty much any thinking being will work. Way back when, millions of years ago, they may even have used themselves, though probably with a less permanent connection.
  • AkrovahAkrovah Ranger
    yea, i think it's just coincidence that we only see humans, combined with thier alliance to Earth's Clark administration giving them telepaths willingly.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    They used Unas'. ;)
  • VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]yea, i think it's just coincidence that we only see humans, combined with thier alliance to Earth's Clark administration giving them telepaths willingly. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Keep in mind that out of all the Shadow ships that we saw in the series, we never saw any of the beings inside of them. The closest we came was, as Akrovah mentioned, the telepaths that Sheridan and company intercepted in Ship of Tears, and since those were being given to the Shadows by an earth organization, it's logical that they'd be human.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Have we forgotten Garibaldi's abduction in a Battle Crab while he was inside his StarFury?

I think they are more versatile than we are giving credit for...

;)
  • VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Have we forgotten Garibaldi's abduction in a Battle Crab while he was inside his StarFury?

I think they are more versatile than we are giving credit for...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, by "beings inside them" I was referring to "the people acting as the CPU".
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]I believe pretty much any thinking being will work. Way back when, millions of years ago, they may even have used themselves, though probably with a less permanent connection. [/B][/QUOTE]

There has already probably been humanoid species before us, the Minbari etc. so they could just use them. Or themselves as you suggested. It's not like we're the first age of humanoids..
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Refa [/i]
    [B]So.. Shadows use humans as center components in their warships.. But what about before human civilization? What did they use?

Or who? Did any humanoid species work? :)

Anything about that in the books? [/B][/QUOTE]

You know the first image that hit me was? A sheep inside a battlecrap... going [b][i]Ba-a-a-a-a-a[/i][/b]

:D
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    what about the Narn?

we know that the Narn homeworld was a base of operations for the shadows in the last great war, and that all of the "mind walkers" were killed and the shadows left.

Perhaps they used Narn telepaths until the supply was exhausted?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    They didn't need telepaths.

I imagine any appropriate-sized sentient would do.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Right. Telepaths were only used once it was realized that a) Telepaths could screw around with shadow ships, and b) That this could be counteracted by using other telepaths in the ships.

I'm a bit surprised this wasn't played up a bit more. Say, have the White Star encounter a ship that won't be jammed by their teeps, and they realize that its because that ship has one of the Psi-Corpsicals in it.

Of course, then the White Star would be blown up, so maybe its better it didn't happen, after all.