Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New Info from JMS

2»

Comments

• cx2cx2 Trainee
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]You know looking a pictures of JMS you'd never think he had such a wide head... probably explains where all this creative writing comes from :D

And if this is going to be a film I wanna know where I can sign up to be an extra!!!! I want to be a Narn or maybe a Ranger as long as I get one of those Pikes! ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

You're not talking fish jnow, are you? Personally I'd rather be generic fury pilot # 7.

As for the misdirection comment I retract it and ask forgiveness, just thought someone should air it. I'm not familiar with JMS' media comments but didn't think him that type anyway.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cx2 [/i]
    [B]Not trying to get anyone's spirits down but has anyone else considered that this could be a misdirection. Maybe the powers that be want a big surprise effect. JMS does seem to be very good at subtlety, and that 2.35:1 just jars too much - it immediately grabs your attention. If it were a hint and I was in charge of the project I'd have slapped his wrists for that one. [/B][/QUOTE]

Funny that crossed my mind too. Does seem too much info if he's supposed to be keeping quiet on it. And if I was one of those big wigs I'd be slapping his wrists myself!

[QUOTE][B]And if this is going to be a film I wanna know where I can sign up to be an extra!!!! I want to be a Narn or maybe a Ranger as long as I get one of those Pikes! [/B][/QUOTE]

Great! There should be a poll on this. Like what part would you like to play given the chance in a B5 series/Movie?!

I'd be a Minbari.Then again Claudia is witty and cool. :)
  • cx2cx2 Trainee
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]
    I'd be a Minbari.Then again Claudia is witty and cool. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't know you were considering the operation! :-)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    She doesn't need to. :D
  • cx2cx2 Trainee
    Sorry, didn't know. I'm only new.

Still if someone was going to choose a female character you couldn't do better than Ivanova. She seems to be a hell of a pilot too.

As you may have noticed I have something of a love affair with the Starfury and fighters in general.

Hope any new project includes a good battle or two, though.
    LMAO! :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cx2 [/i]
    [B]I didn't know you were considering the operation! :-) [/B][/QUOTE]

cx2 thats very naughty and cheeky of you. And Biggles if you weren't an Admin.....I'd kick your butt! lol! ;)

Oh and cx2 - what are you apologising for?! He was joking...........maybe?! ;)
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][I]Originally posted by jasonk[/I]
    Also, Joe mentions "a lot of money". Being an experienced hand at TV, Joe is used to the figures involved - presumably he would consider TV production to be "normal", not "a lot". Movies, on the other hand, really are a LOT of money.[/QUOTE]The money quote more than the whole aspect ratio number does it for me. I would also agree that even a mini-series (4 - 6 eps) would not be somthing that would make JMS say this:[QUOTE]In a [B]project of this nature, and this size[/B] , there's stage one (let's do this) stage two (let's make everybody's deal) and stage three (making it). We're hip-deep in stage two just now, and it's taking a freaking long amount of time to get through it all. [/QUOTE]Sounds like either: he has a whole season of episodes to work on, or he's got a major motion film to work on
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Excellent.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    *waits in expectation for more news from JMS*
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Nice one Imhotep. All he'll probably do though is tap his nose and wink.

Not long to wait now though................. I hope!
    Please let us know anything and I'd like to know what he's like in real life. :)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Very cool Imhotep. Must have been great meeting him! Think I would have been a bit star struck aswell.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I still say its gonna be a feature film. :)

However if its going to be a film, he can't make it so lacking in detail in backstory that anyone that hasn't watched the TV series is left out. All that'll do is turn off potential fans.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]I still say its gonna be a feature film. :)
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah... [i]everybody[/i] is saying that. It's pretty obvious that's what it is.
  • cx2cx2 Trainee
    Even though JMS said "a lot of money" we have to think is this actually compared to what he is used to on projects, or is it in general terms. Everyone must be aware that in general terms any B5 related project would take a lot of money. Personally I'm reserving judgement, maybe I just don't want to be disappointed but I'll stick to not being certain until I hear it straight from WB or JMS.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    well, it could still be a miniseries?

hopefully, we will find out soon.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]well, it could still be a miniseries?[/B][/QUOTE]

It's not a miniseries.
    I wouldn't take anything for granted despite what is probable. :)
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    Well, the Ides of May have come and gone.
    Still patient but have chewed nails down to the bone now. May have to start on the toes.