Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5: TMoS

Sorry I haven't got anymore news from JMS, but with it getting close to the date when he *may* actually reveal something I thought I'd get the conversation started again.

I've come up with some ideas for what the story could be, if it were going to be a mini-series (Which I think is probably the most likely thing)

1). If TMoS was to stand for "The Movement of Shadows" then I think it would probably be centred around the last great war 1,000 years ago. IE: Valen, G'Quon etc.

2). Set during the Dilgar war. We'd seen Jha'Dur, Franklin's dad and Garibaldi's dad.

3). Telepath War - Unless the Psi-Corps trilogy covers this, I haven't read it yet so...

4). If the name was to be "The Memory of Shadows" then it's most likely going to deal with the Shadow's Legacy, which of course means the Drakh and their plague. Which means it'd probably be finishing the story for Crusade with a cure being found etc.

5). Something to do with the Hand. This is very unlikely seeing how unpopular the Legend of the Rangers pilot was but I think it'd make for good viewing :D

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm still holding out for #4, since that isn't in the psi corps trilogy. :)

When the [url=http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6320]latest "clue"[/url] was given, there was yet more speculation over in the news forum. The going theory at the moment is that it's a B5 softdrink of some kind.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I'm still holding out for #4, since that isn't in the psi corps trilogy. :)

When the [url=http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6320]latest "clue"[/url] was given, there was yet more speculation over in the news forum. The going theory at the moment is that it's a B5 softdrink of some kind. [/B][/QUOTE]

Biggles, after 20,000 posts on this forum, you think B5 is a soft drink? B5 is a TV series. What did you think all those DVDs were for?
    Coasters, so I don't damage my desk.
  • Deffinetly LOL

Anyway,

Any of thoses choices would be great except the thing with the Hand, what is that? I didn't see Legend of the Rangers. I'm personally hoping for something on the telepath war. It's not in the trilogy. The entire B5 series in fact and several years afterward, including the Teep war, are skipped right ever between the second and third books.

As for the whole drahk thing, thats pretty much covered in the Centari trilogy. There is alot that is not in there, but aside from the Plague thing there wouldn't be much more to tell.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Actually, if I were a betting man, the Teep War would be my guess, seems like the telling of that story has been intentionally avoided (Psi Corp trilology is a good case in point), and its a pretty big gap in history.

Jake
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    1 is plausible, but not incredibly likely.
    2 is impossible, given the death of the actor who played General Franklin and the fact that they'd have to track down the actress who played Jha-Dur. Even if they were to re-cast these parts, nobody from the series would be involved, which detracts from its marketability.
    3 is possible. It's something the fans have been waiting for for a long time (it's conveniently skipped over in the Psi Corps trilogy, between the second and third books).
    4 would be incredibly difficult; there was a lot of story remaining before a cure could be found, and I doubt JMS is willing to change that around too much just to wrap up the plague part.
    5 had better not be it. I agree with you, this is unlikely simply because people don't like B5:LotR that much.
  • Of course JMS might completely suprise us and come out with something we haven't thought of.

But at the moment I think I'd like to see the plague storyline sorted out the most. Simply because I'm a big Crusade fan and hate unfinished things.

But I'm really cool with anything new in the Babylon 5 universe.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Its "The Music of the Shadows - The Babylon 5 Broadway Musical"
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]
    4 would be incredibly difficult; there was a lot of story remaining before a cure could be found, and I doubt JMS is willing to change that around too much just to wrap up the plague part.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Though what it could be (If jms wants to continue crusade) the movie could show a facette of the story, something that if the movie is a success, would convice tPtB that there is interest in the crusade story, and that continuing/remaking it would bring in some money
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]Though what it could be (If jms wants to continue crusade) the movie could show a facette of the story, something that if the movie is a success, would convice tPtB that there is interest in the crusade story, and that continuing/remaking it would bring in some money [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think so, that would mean people who go to see the movie would already have to be familiar with B5 and Crusade.

If they do make a movie, it will be a self contained story in the B5 universe that new comers will be able to enjoy too.

Worf
    Hence, the Telepath War. :)
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Coasters, so I don't damage my desk. [/B][/QUOTE]

hehe yeah.... and then after they make the B5 can drinks, expect Zocalo bars across the country. ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]I don't think so, that would mean people who go to see the movie would already have to be familiar with B5 and Crusade.

If they do make a movie, it will be a self contained story in the B5 universe that new comers will be able to enjoy too.[/B][/QUOTE]
    nonono, I meant a self-contained story.

Like ActA is (more or less) self-contained, but still part of the story
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Maybe it's about the influence of the Shadows on the PSI Corps concurrent with B5.

Personally I'd be going for Teep war. Like Freejack and Bekenn said - big gap and long awaited. It's seems to be a very imporant part of the B5 universe as well.
    and i think i can remember that jms once said that he keeps the Teep-war in his bag for a feature-film..
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I hope it will be the telepath war, because I was hoping they would cover that in the books, but instead jumped over it completly.

maybe TMoS = The madness of sierra
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]Its "The Music of the Shadows - The Babylon 5 Broadway Musical" [/B][/QUOTE]

More like "The Movement of Shit". A documentary about the days of Crusade under the TNT regime...

:p
    [QUOTE]and i think i can remember that jms once said that he keeps the Teep-war in his bag for a feature-film..[/QUOTE]

I remember a slight rumour a few years ago the JMS was holding out until after the Star Wars prequels were done for a feature film.
    Actually, my best guess is that it will be something completely new and not anything we've been waiting for in particular, though of course related to the B5 universe in general.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]I hope it will be the telepath war, because I was hoping they would cover that in the books, but instead jumped over it completly.

maybe TMoS = The madness of sierra [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope! I just got an e-mail from JMS this morning with what TMoS really stands for. Ready for what it is?

The Moans of Susan! :laugh:
    Oh, stop that.
  • kinky?
    Ah, the sound of shattering glass as decorum goes right out the window ... :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I think it will be more low key, like a documentary. 'The Making of Spoo' a close look at the development of the Narn Spoo Industry under the Centauri Occupation. ;)

Btw me thinks Biggles needs to change the filter in his tank again... that algae bloom must be effecting him ;) :D
    I wondered what the smell was. :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah hard to ignore isn't it??!! ;) :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Actually, the smell is from A2597's collection of Voyager and Enterprise episodes. ;)
    Vert is right. I don't have algae problems in my tank.
    LOL! Perhaps you both smell! Only thing is which is worse?! :p ;)
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    TMoS- the not considered but important possibilities:

TechnoMages of Soon- and you thought it was just Gaylyn and Elric

The Markab of Soul- after their planet is destroyed, how do the survivors make a name for themselves? Rock and Roll!

The Menace of Strieb- Come on, you know the Strieb were great bad guys that you loved to hate.

The Mangling of Sh'lassen- A close up of the battle for the Akdor moon.